Speculation: Florida's pick - Watch thread - (Upon request, thread title change lol)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They're a bunch of pretenders, but if someone told me before the start of this year that this pick would be mid round, I'd take it and run.

That was best case scenario in my mind at the time.

As long as they miss playoffs and it stays top 15 we're good. I can live with top 20, but it's definitely not as good. Top 12 is amazing (gives us 2 shots at #2), top 10 is mind blowing.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
PIT, NYI, DET, OTT, ARI, SJS & VAN need to start winning.

Create separation from MTL while also keeping Florida out of the playoffs and drop in the standings.

The Sam Pollock move would be to make trades with one of those teams to improve the Florida pick. PIT, NYI, OTT and maybe DET would all be open to some degree of buying.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Pens have been playing without Letang, Petry and Jarry among others. They are getting two of the three back and maybe Letang soon. With Sorokin, the Isles will be in the hunt. Caps are getting healthy. Will be an interesting race for the wildcards.

Edit: Petry and Jarry both back in the lineup tonight. First game back, Petry led the Pens in icetime (25:25) and Jarry stopped 46 of 47 shots.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hope this is helpful lol, thread title changed.
9D79EB52-3C53-43FE-BC06-432184D31E17.gif

Reactions: Runner77

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
The Sam Pollock move would be to make trades with one of those teams to improve the Florida pick. PIT, NYI, OTT and maybe DET would all be open to some degree of buying.
Or just have a better pick if those teams fall below Florida.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
We are in a good spot for that pick. Most teams ahead of Florida have games in hand.
More importantly for us, there are a bunch of teams behind them with games in hand. I could see Florida falling a bit once the schedules even up a bit.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Really?! Those teams need to win??
Yeah. Those teams are immediately surrounding the Panthers in the standings. We own the Panthers 2023 pick which isn't protected, so it bodes well for us should the Panthers drop in the standings. All teams need to win, but those 7 in particular are for our benefit.

Reactions: Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
As long as they miss playoffs and it stays top 15 we're good. I can live with top 20, but it's definitely not as good. Top 12 is amazing (gives us 2 shots at #2), top 10 is mind blowing.
Curious, as to what site, is the best site to read up on the upcoming draft, and ranking of the top players in the draft?
Was hoping the Habs would have two top 10 picks, but FLA has other ideas...

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Yeah. Those teams are immediately surrounding the Panthers in the standings. We own the Panthers 2023 pick which isn't protected, so it bodes well for us should the Panthers drop in the standings. All teams need to win, but those 7 in particular are for our benefit.
Ohh wow

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Yeah, you can also see the info in the NHL app also. There’s standings data there as well. You’ll need to switch to a full league view to get a full draft picture.

Curious, as to what site, is the best site to read up on the upcoming draft, and ranking of the top players in the draft?
Bob’s list came out yesterday or the day before. There’s others like Dobbers, but I’ll have to let those who follow prospects more closely chime in here.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77 and BLONG7

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I usually use 2023 NHL Mock Draft | 2023 NHL Draft | NHL Draft as a referral for 1st round mock. It's the most consistent, and each player has at least a brief scouting report from various agencies.

Most of the other mocks are terrible, unless it's a specific article (like Button, The Hockey News, NHL, etc).

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Bob just released his mid season rankings. Lots of centers available and it's shocking to see the first D man ranked 17th.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad