OT: Florida's 2023 1st to dump Gallagher...

Would you do it, plain & simple??

• Yes

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 239 84.2%

• Total voters

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
...so, pretty simple question here...would you trade the unprotected 2023 1st we got from Florida to dump Gallagher's contract??...:dunno:
I voted no, as did most others, but I just thought of something funny.

Had the question LAST TDL been, "would you trade Chiarot and Gallagher for Ty Smilanic and a 4th round pick?", many more would have jumped on that.

So was the Chiarot deal amazing?

• Love
Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I voted no, as did most others, but I just thought of something funny.

Had the question LAST TDL been, "would you trade Chiarot and Gallagher for Ty Smilanic and a 4th round pick?", many more would have jumped on that.

So was the Chiarot deal amazing?
I did not expect Florida to shit the bed as much as they did this off-season. Every time I see Florida attached to a new trade, I instantly get all the more excited about that pick. I hope Zito keeps it up - he's doing great (for us)!

• Haha
Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Helllll no!
Florida has made significant changes this summer. Their defense is looking suspect at best. They still need to clear 3.5M in salary.

You never know, sometimes things don’t gel.
They lost marchment this summer. Duclair out for a while. Many of their players had career years and unlikely to repeat. I’d hold on to that 1st and pray that one of Ottawa, detroit, Buffalo, Boston can steal a top 3 spot in the Atlantic

That 1st could be 15-20. Along with our likely top 10 that’s a good draft

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Florida is making moves to get worse everyday. Eventually they will be closer to battling us at the bottom than they will be to get to the top. Tkachuk for Huberdeau, yikes.

Reactions: Mandala

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
FLA still need to dump 3.5M in salary. But I guess they will put duclair on IR for his 3M. Either way they still need to make a trade….and can’t add

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
I doubt any team does this deal. We've seen 1sts go to take on 5M in cap space for 1 year. Now a 1st for 6.5M for 5 years?

So even if we wanted to, it seems unlikely.
Yeah. From a Habs point of view, this is kind of a no-brainer. I mean, Gallagher probably is worth $3.5M, so essentially this is $3M in cap space for the next five years. I doubt anyone would take the Habs up on it.

Gallagher is a heart and soul player though so if the Habs had to have a bad contract, I guess it is good that it went to a player like that.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Huberdeau for Tkachuk is meh, I give the edge to Huby but the difference it'll make on the teams offense won't matter much IMO, hell for all we know, Tkachuk might gel even more. But getting rid of Weegar, that's a big loss. That d-corps is looking worse and worse and with Ekblad being made of glass... yeah I'd hold onto that pick and you'd have to give me a lot to get it.

Ekblad, Montour, Forsling, Gudas, Carlsson, Staal, Del Zotto... If it wasn't for Ekblad, their D could challenge our :laugh:

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Absolutely not. The is probably no goal to compete this year, keep the first, stack prospects and go from there. If the team improves mightily and suddenly look like a playoff team for the next year alongside landing Dubois, perhaps you can them contemplate this

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Gotta love that trade from Mtl's perspective.

It may be true that Weegar and Hubby were not going to extend in Florida and that makes the trade good for their team (avoiding a disaster), but from our perspective of a single season, it will make them a worse team.

I still think they make the playoffs pretty easily, but probably not as top seed.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Here's a true solution. Give Gally the best minutes and linemates and cross those fingers that he can produce and raise his value. Then you trade him the **** out.
Well he’s a RW, he can’t play with Suzuki, giving him to Dach isn’t fair to Dach, he should get Anderson. Then there’s Armia left on the right and he’s better then Gally.. so 4th line it is? There’s no scenario where your proposition works barring injuries.

Reactions: zeeto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad