Florida vs Ottawa - March 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So......do I dare read the GDT? How was the game? I mean really? Is the score a good indicator of our play? (Sorry, just couldn't stay up to watch....stupid afternoon games.)

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Wow... Anderson's not feeling much love here, but seriously guys we stink right now.. Our D is a mess, odd man rushes, forwards are either blowing coverage or non-existent (yeah I'm talking to you Ryan). We're starting to look like the Sabres could take us 4 straight in a 7 game series.... Lazar Condra Pageau are pretty much our #1 line at the moment, seriously wtf...

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Maybe the sens should play the trap for the rest of the season and when their opponents are so bored they want to leave, thats when we strike

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
So......do I dare read the GDT? How was the game? I mean really? Is the score a good indicator of our play? (Sorry, just couldn't stay up to watch....stupid afternoon games.)

Largely dictated by questionable refereeing. A few weak efforts, a few strong efforts by Pageau, Hoffman and Zibanejad. Overall, the team just couldn't get it done when it mattered.

Ttracer*

To everyone talking about goalkeeping:

Ottawa didn't score until a 3rd period powerplay
The forecheck is horrendous and they're over passing, you actually have to score 3+ to beat good teams. Gryba and Chiasson were reckless and spent 8 minutes in the box

Scoring goals is the problem, PERIOD

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I think it is best to just stay away from this board for the rest of the season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Largely dictated by questionable refereeing. A few weak efforts, a few strong efforts by Pageau, Hoffman and Zibanejad. Overall, the team just couldn't get it done when it mattered.

You thought Zibanejad had a strong effort? I can't say I agree, he did nothing much and his decision to shoot into the Florida player while we had a 6-on-4 was disastrous

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
After sustaining a crazy level, the expected let down has hit. The last couple of games the Sens have used up the bit of space they had to give ground and stay in the rest. Now comes crunch time and some wins are mandatory.

There was a point there tonight despite this, but Ottawa had the 2nd best goalie on the ice.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Basically we're wallowing in anger, frustration and self pity at the moment, so no, it was not a good game, and yeah the reffing was out of this world... wish we had these guys last night when we were getting plowed face first into the boards over and over again... then again. we would of had to watch the PP out there so maybe it was for the best... good job Cameron, cant wait to see the lines against Detroit... Maybe Gryba could center Greening and Smith, that might work

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
You thought Zibanejad had a strong effort? I can't say I agree, he did nothing much and his decision to shoot into the Florida player while we had a 6-on-4 was disastrous

Not the entire game's worth. But he had a few strong moments both on the offensive and defensive side of the puck. Wasn't a complete effort but he had his moments.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
you gotta read it... I got some pretty good ones in and Lethal got banned ...so yeah, good game

Too bad. I do believe Lethal was just one of those guys who liked to joke around a bit, and isn't usually serious. Lots of quips and one-liners in his posts.

Good to hear Zibby and Hoff had a bounce-back game. Reffing....seems we're almost always on the short end of the stick on that. Kinda funny, how the only favorable reffing we got was during the streak....pretty telling.

I'm going to guess that Ryan is hurt. The way he played most of the year throwing his body around and hustling at both ends of the ice has been missing a few games....either burnt out or hurt. But what he showed us for most of the year was golden, I don't see him suddenly reverting to being invisible out there unless he's simply can't do more.

On another note, I seriously hope the media acts responsible and doesn't whip the casual crowd into a frenzy. It's starting to look bad now with Andy racking up the losses while Hammond got the wins. The team played so much better in front of Hammond during the streak....that means everything to a goalie. But most casuals won't see that...they'll only see the stats. Last thing I want is the fans turning on Andy and suddenly we're stuck with a Hammond/Lehner duo next year. Neither of those two are at the point of being #1s...yet.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
To everyone talking about goalkeeping:

Ottawa didn't score until a 3rd period powerplay
The forecheck is horrendous and they're over passing, you actually have to score 3+ to beat good teams. Gryba and Chiasson were reckless and spent 8 minutes in the box

Scoring goals is the problem, PERIOD

Sorry, getting back in the game despite everything, you need the goaltender to not give it away. Near poke check or not, and with Jagr I suggest the "near" was an illusion, that can't happen. Plenty of games are decided in the 3rd when down by 2 goals, not exactly impossible odds there. Tonight Anderson was easily the 2nd best goalie on the ice, the Sens had many quality chances and were stoned, both Jagr goals were weak.

Yes, the team wasn't their best, including the goalie. Unfortunately, the way the goalie goes has more sway than pretty well everyone else.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
My wife will be happy. Watching the playoffs will be a low priority option for me this year. There is no team that holds my interest much this time.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
My wife will be happy. Watching the playoffs will be a low priority option for me this year. There is no team that holds my interest much this time.

I won't even watch a single game. Will take a long break from hockey until the draft.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
These PGTs are why I hate HF sometimes.

Team has an insane run, everyone goes nuts with excitement and praise, and loses a few; suddenly every player is 'trash' and 'garbage'. 'Trade Anderson', 'fire cameron'. And the worst: 'SHOULDA TANKED!'

Get over yourselves. Go home. Stay away from this team.

Last edited by a moderator:

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I was hoping to watch playoff hockey for the 1st time in like forever, since I finally got laid off last Thursday, but nooooo, the Sens are gonna **** that up for me too...

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
It isn't over yet. We still have a game in hand to get within striking distance of Boston. If we can get within one point, we stay in striking distance where only one mistake by the bruins can push us in. This race will come right down to the wire, especially if Florida wins their games against the Boston.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I blame the following

Hammond for vezina thread
Cameron for adams thread
all 20 of the senators playoff push thread
the 6 Karlsson threads.

Karma is a ***** .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad