Florida vs Ottawa - March 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Posts like this are super boring when we basically have a completely different team. But okay.

Some of the posts in this thread are actually laughable. I'm sure the lurkers are having a ball.

Different team

Same results

I'm just stating the obvious

Senafan

May 17, 2013
I still think Chiasson is going to develop into a good player. He's getting the chances, just not converting. Smith and Greening are lost causes...black holes on the ice.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Like I said, this week was rough but if they remember how to play like they did the last couple of months anything is possible. It's not over until it's over.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Right, forgot that that bum Anderson has never done anything for Ottawa.

Your hatred of the guy is borderline delusional. What do you have against the guy?

Hammond hasn't needed any excuses this year. He has single handedly propelled this team into playoff contention and created a buzz not only in the city itself but the NHL. We are all fully aware this won't last, but right now he's the only guy pushing this team where it needs to go.

Anderson has not. So please don't equate their effect on the team right now.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Boston is the veteran club here and they are making it known.

I don't expect Ottawa or Florida to catch them at this point. Our only hope is Florida beats Boston on Tuesday and we win against Detroit to make it interesting with the last 5 games of the season.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Hammond hasn't needed any excuses this year. He has single handedly propelled this team into playoff contention and created a buzz not only in the city itself but the NHL. We are all fully aware this won't last, but right now he's the only guy pushing this team where it needs to go.

Anderson has not.

Anderson was the reason this team was in a position to have Hammond's run mean anything.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I agree with those who said they should have called up Prince. There is no roster limit now so they could have called 2-3 guys even 1 D. Why not? The coach didn't want? The GM? The assistant GM? Money? It should have been all or nothing now dress the best offensive team possible. They need contributions from all lines like they were before the injuries to Puempel and Michalek. When you dress Greening or even Smith you lose the potential offense and fast pressure forechecking. Greening is fast but he brakes to a near halt on the forecheck before he bumps someone and eliminates all his momentum.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Greening is fast but he brakes to a near halt on the forecheck before he bumps someone and eliminates all his momentum.

Greening ain't fast. The only reason people think he's fast is through skills competitions. I can't think of one in-game situation where he's ever shown above average speed.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Anderson has not. So please don't equate their effect on the team right now.

This isn't true at all. The team was playing incredible. Hammond played a huge part, but if the sens had been playing the way they did the first 2 thirds of the year Hammond would have been run out of town.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
This isn't true at all. The team was playing incredible. Hammond played a huge part, but if the sens had been playing the way they did the first 2 thirds of the year Hammond would have been run out of town.

I really just can't agree. The last few games they've looked generally worse yes, but with Hammond, this team was regularly winning 2-1 games. He was able to keep things close even when the rest of the team couldn't score much.

Right now 1 or 2 goals (and sometimes 3) will not win us anything.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We will see what happens next game. Wings seem to be another team that looks to be burned out lately.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Anderson came within millimeters of making the poke-check on that Jagr goal. If he gets his stick on it, it's a great heads-up play. Because he didn't, it's a disaster play by a disaster goalie.

It really bothers me that we, as a fanbase, can't just accept that we have three good goalies and prioritize accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad