Florida vs Ottawa - March 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
On another note, I seriously hope the media acts responsible and doesn't whip the casual crowd into a frenzy. It's starting to look bad now with Andy racking up the losses while Hammond got the wins. The team played so much better in front of Hammond during the streak....that means everything to a goalie. But most casuals won't see that...they'll only see the stats. Last thing I want is the fans turning on Andy and suddenly we're stuck with a Hammond/Lehner duo next year. Neither of those two are at the point of being #1s...yet.

This is a pretty interesting point. Management are going to take a lot of flack if they let Hammond walk as a UFA, but it seems like the safest play to make. Imagine if they had squeaked in to the playoffs with Hammond in net?

I'm legitimately unsure of how they will handle this.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
On the positive side, if they win all remaining games, they will have 100 points, and that should get in. Still not panic yet, people predicted they would need 95 points to get in, 9 points to go, meaning win 4 of 7, and another OT loss, that is doable. Let the team re-group and see what happens.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
I wonder if they had a Star Wars related event on ice during the intermission. "Who shot first?" fan vote.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
It isn't over yet. We still have a game in hand to get within striking distance of Boston. If we can get within one point, we stay in striking distance where only one mistake by the bruins can push us in. This race will come right down to the wire, especially if Florida wins their games against the Boston.

Exactly, I sense it will come down to last game of the regular season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
On the positive side, if they win all remaining games, they will have 100 points, and that should get in. Still not panic yet, people predicted they would need 95 points to get in, 9 points to go, meaning win 4 of 7, and another OT loss, that is doable. Let the team re-group and see what happens.

Games left

@Detroit
Tampa
Washington
@Toronto
Pittsburgh
@Rangers
@Flyers

We're probably going to lose every game except maybe against Philly.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa

If I could quote this 100x I would.

relax.jpg

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
This makes HF fun... who wants to ride a 25 game win streak into the playoffs anyways... gotta mix in a few losses, with some good ol HF overreacting... its what makes this place so special... add in some biting sarcasm, and this is the most fun I've had in a while... it's kind of like watching 'survivor' but in writing... today Cameron, Ryan, Gryba, Chiasson and apparently Anderson are all getting voted off the island cause they're not supplying everyone else with enough fish... u know what I mean ?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
ouch
were probably going on a 7 g losing streak:facepalm:

Don't you just love the negativity going on here.

Bipolar fanbase is bipolar.

And yes, i admit to being bipolar sometimes as well.

But this we are going to lose every remaining game in the season is just ****ing nonsense and he ****ing knows it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if we did considering how poorly the team is playing

It's certainly well within the realm of possibility that this team gets it's head out of it's ass and starts playing hard and win a few more games

I'm not even asking for wins here, I just want compete

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
@Detroit - W
Tampa - L
Washington - W
@Toronto - W
Pittsburgh - OTL
@Rangers - L
@Flyers - W

(semi-)realistic prediction. 4-2-1. That puts us at 95 points.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
MacArthur is saying how everyone is tired at this time of year but at the same time he said Fla still had lots of energy. I hope he isn't tired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad