Florida vs Ottawa - March 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
The bruins are playing well and being clutch right when they need to. I can't even be mad.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Agree.

Anderson has not been bad in his three 4 games since coming back from injury, but the difference has been that when the team struggled Hammond was better than fine (with the exception of the Rangers game). If the team plays like this we can't be content with "fine" goaltending and expect to win. I don't care which goalie stands on his head, but it seems like it would be a lot easier to fix the problems up front than get a goalie standing on his head.

He's playing hurt. Hammond's playing hurt. Lehner is on the shelf. It's not an ideal situation.

And considering that Hammond and Anderson have bailed these guys out a lot this season, it would be great if the team could help them out and play a 200 foot game.

Anderson wasn't great tonight. Far from it. But with the way the guys are playing, Hammond is going to have to be incredible to keep a playoff run possible.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Kinda feels like this whole team ' is coming back down to earth '... At least we're seeing some good Lazar and Pageau... but I don't know what you do with the Weir Gryba Cowen cluster****... I'm keeping Boro as my 6th, cause HE'S the heart and soul of this team

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
No team can do well without consistent goaltending. Andy was just ok, in the last 2, but not great. And injuries are something every team has contend with.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Well that's the season folks. It's all over but the crying. The run was fin while it lasted. Now let's win the lottery!

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Still have a chance, but like a few have said, it's bleak. It's gotten a lot closer than it could have been.

Next game can be the stake in the heart if they bring this kind of game.

Here's to hoping.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
The whole team played bad again (Boro-Gryba is a trainwreck, can't believe they healthy scratched Wiercioch instead of one of them) but that 3rd goal was terrible, and a complete back breaker. Jagr is the slowest forward in the league outside of John Scott, and you let him score a wrap-around on you?

Anderson is one of those goalies that plays "good enough to lose"

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We are still right in the hunt.

Can't believe most of the posters have given up on the Team.

Sports fans are so bipolar.

Too bad we didn't trade for Jagr at the deadline! Lol

You're not being realistic

Once again, in a must-win game against the team that is chasing us this team came up short and got dominated

This team has checked out, they are done and we're not making the playoffs

We always choke, it's what the Senators do: look like world beaters, defy all odds, amaze everyone and then, crunch time happens and..... Ship our pants.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The Leafs always do this to the Sens. I remember going on a 5 game losing streak in the 2012-2013 season after losing to the Leafs.

**** the Leafs.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Didn't see much of Ryan again either.

tumblr_n4f92cShBA1sevtjio2_r1_500.gif

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007

Once again, in a must-win game against the team that is chasing us this team came up short and got dominated

We always choke, it's what the Senators do: look like world beaters, defy all odds, amaze everyone and then, crunch time happens and..... Ship our pants.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Posts like this are super boring when we basically have a completely different team. But okay.

Some of the posts in this thread are actually laughable. I'm sure the lurkers are having a ball.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Wait, didn't you like the lines before the game? Changing the lines was pretty stupid by Cameron. We played like crap for the first 2 periods because of it. Can't believe how many undeserved top 6 chances Chiasson gets. The refs didn't help either.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Gotta admit, I'm kinda hoping Hammond is injured enough that he doesn't play another game, cause the way we're playing he might not get that contract next year from anyone, and that would be a shame

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Anderson's a good goalie. However he is terrible on lateral movement. Not only that but he's a great first save goalie only.

That Jagr goal he was so far out....watching the reply, he makes no effort to get back into his net and Jagr is free for a wraparound. How many times does Anderson give up wraparound goals...just brutal.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Wait, didn't you like the lines before the game? Changing the lines was pretty stupid by Cameron. We played like crap for the first 2 periods because of it. Can't believe how many undeserved top 6 chances Chiasson gets. The refs didn't help either.

I liked the lines sure: it was something to try and spark the team into playing

It didn't work, it happens, not every idea works out. The coach has to do something, I'd rather he try to mix things up in an effort to get the team to wake up

Unfortunately the issue is physical: the team is out of energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad