Flint Firebirds 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
There is no maybe about it, he wanted out...I'm not saying I blame him I'm just saying it was asked.

Do you know if anyone doesn't want out?

Could you please provide us with a list of players who want to be in Flint? Thanks!

General Pete

May 22, 2019
Clarkston, MI
"Ridout is married to Crystall Ridout and has four children Zach, Lucas, Bentley and Scarlett. Ridout plans to move to Grand Blanc, Mich. before the start of training camp."

Nice...more family choosing to move to our area. We need this type of stuff....

Reactions: Toldyaso

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
"Ridout is married to Crystall Ridout and has four children Zach, Lucas, Bentley and Scarlett. Ridout plans to move to Grand Blanc, Mich. before the start of training camp."

Nice...more family choosing to move to our area. We need this type of stuff....
My hometown..born and raised

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I'm not going to argue about it with you, I know this particular situation to be 100% true.

If you can't support it with any info, clearly just a guess after the fact.

Provide us a list of people who want out. If they get moved in the next few weeks maybe it will show you know something.

General Pete

May 22, 2019
Clarkston, MI
Think it's time to join everyone and try a prediction for the line up here.

1) Roberts - Dellandrea - Durham (Wow.)
2) Keppen - Morgan - Wismer (Can't break that line up after last year)
3) Oxsentyuk - Vierling - Othmann (Wow.)
4) Pierce / OA - Kressler - Uba

1) Kolyachonok - Busby (Wow.)
2) McCourt - OA (Solid)
3) Gretz - Harper

Cavallin
Grey

- F Remaining:
Harris
Winterton
Holmes
Phibbs

- D Remaining:
Bianconi
Bangs
Deline

Wow do we look good for the upcoming year.

These guys are saying Winterton and Uba wanted out.... look where I had them on my depth chart July 22nd. It may have been their request, but it doesn't seem like it's the firebirds incompetency. Seems like the perfect situation to be in now for this city.

Reactions: TcNorth and dirty12

Fntfirebirdfan

Dec 16, 2018
Where did I mention anyone else?! I said this particular situation. And if you want to meet up with me off of this message board then I will provide you the proof.

If you can't support it with any info, clearly just a guess after the fact.

Provide us a list of people who want out. If they get moved in the next few weeks maybe it will show you know something.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I don’t understand why people find it so hard to believe that some players don’t want to stay in Flint for whatever reason of their own. Is not a bad thing, happens all the time with teams.
And the team has been accommodating

HockeyForLife14

Aug 31, 2018
I 2nd this is true.....requested trade at his exit meeting with Wellwood and Branch at seasons end.
He wasn't evaluated as a player, according to Wellwood, during this season.....ummmm 60 games and Wellwood could not evaluate his players properly.....give me a break

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Would have liked a little more in both deals, but those were two everybody had circled to be moved. Uba is too good and too old for 4th line minutes. It would be awesome to have him there but c'mon. Same with Winterton. Too good to be clawing for ice time. They're happy, Flint gets a return and frees up roster space. Win-Win. If Uba saw 4th line in his future OF COURSE he's gonna ask to be moved.

Reactions: Fntfirebirdfan

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Oksentyuk-Dellandrea-Durham
Keppen-Morgan-Wismer
Roberts-Vierling-Othmann
Harris-Holmes-Kressler
Pierce-Phibbs

Busby-Kolyachonok
Gretz-McCourt
Bangs-Bianconi
Deline-Harper

Cavallin
Grey
Linton

Two open OA spots
Lots and lots of draft picks.

How things appear to me as of now.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Oksentyuk-Dellandrea-Durham
Keppen-Morgan-Wismer
Roberts-Vierling-Othmann
Harris-Holmes-Kressler
Pierce-Phibbs
Looks pretty strong. I like it, but my thoughts are...
-You’ve got your fingers crossed hoping that Oksentyuk is a 1st line winger right from the word “go”. I think it’s more likely that Roberts is allowed the chance to play there. That's where he spent most of his time prior to injury last year, if I recall correctly. He’ll get moved down if he doesn’t perform.
-Didn’t Vierling and Holmes play together a lot at the end of the season, when they both shook off their funk and were playing their best hockey? I’d start the season with the two of them together, even though that technically puts one of them out of position.
-Everything is subject to shakeup because of the open OA spot(s?) that you mentioned, and the stockpile of draft picks/trade bait.

Last edited:

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
I can see that..... as I have said before my times. I don't think Wellwood is the coach everyone thinks he is.

Wellwood is a good guy, the one thing that I don't like about him is his obsession in regards to Windsor. Should the Spitfires head coaching position becomes available it will be interesting as to who ends up as the new coach there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad