Flint Firebirds 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I believe that as well. However, the professional thing to do is advise the parents of that and Birch and Branch should get the answers for them. Not blow them off.

Was it stated Birch and Branch blew them off; or, that a face to face meeting with the owner did not happen? They are not at all the same.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
I believe that as well. However, the professional thing to do is advise the parents of that and Birch and Branch should get the answers for them. Not blow them off.
filling in a lot of blanks there without having any first hand knowledge of any of this don't you think? all we know is they wanted a meet with the owner. they didn't get it and felt the owner blew them off although we pretty much agree he can't meet with them. we have no idea what the circumstances of the communications were or who was or wasn't involved. For all we know the parents of in question are just over sensitive and/or looks ng for any reason to say no to their son coming here. If that's the case that's fine if it isn't let's not just make up facts not in evidence in order to cast a rumored issue in the worst possible light.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
If Birch and Branch rebuffed them....that's the LEAGUE more than it is the team really. Also, I'm not sure Rolf is even in Michigan or the US during the summer. He's not in control right now, so it's a little more understandable if he's not. If he's in Florida or Norway or Monte Carlo, he's probably not going to fly back to Flint just to meet with a kid's family who was drafted in the 8th round y'know? I admit it's not a good look regardless.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
If Birch and Branch rebuffed them....that's the LEAGUE more than it is the team really. Also, I'm not sure Rolf is even in Michigan or the US during the summer. He's not in control right now, so it's a little more understandable if he's not. If he's in Florida or Norway or Monte Carlo, he's probably not going to fly back to Flint just to meet with a kid's family who was drafted in the 8th round y'know? I admit it's not a good look regardless.
Because the league runs the team I assumed they were rebuffed by the league. I will admit there needed to be more to the post to firmly state that.
No matter the situation, the parents should have been given a reason as to why. Maybe they were but the post never mentioned that.

Reactions: TcNorth

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Still no mention or Thanks to Dave McParlan for the years of service he provided to the Plymouth/Flint franchise. There is no excuse for this team doing things like this. Totally unprofessional and par for the course.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I don't see the wings giving their Assistant Coach that moved to Western Michigan a "Heartfelt Goodbye" or any of the rest of the staff that left either to join Holland in Edmonton or to pursue other career opportunities.

What happened that has you so up in arms about a Head Scout leaving?

Sounds like the firebirds should be paying you rent for how long they've been living in your head.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
When Stevie Y reorganized the Red Wings scouting dept and other areas over the summer. The Wings didnt thank everyone that left or got let go for their service. Agree with Pete just move on to next comment.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Just because the Firebirds didn’t post a press release thank you doesn’t mean a thank you wasn’t said in person...or through a phone call...or even an email

Last edited:

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Wow! It is incredible to me how N Da No is in all of your heads! Let’s get back to hockey. I am surprised Flint has not yet swung a deal for an OA player.

Reactions: dirty12

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Wow! It is incredible to me how N Da No is in all of your heads! Let’s get back to hockey. I am surprised Flint has not yet swung a deal for an OA player.

LOL

I'm shocked you continue to kiss her ass when she hasn't been correct on anything.

I'm sure you would love it if one of your former students were on a message board accusing you of just ridiculous stuff and bad mouthing your name as a teacher.

Reactions: Gensdef

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
LOL

I'm shocked you continue to kiss her ass when she hasn't been correct on anything.

I'm sure you would love it if one of your former students were on a message board accusing you of just ridiculous stuff and bad mouthing your name as a teacher.
I just do not find it necessary to constantly ridicule someone you do not agree with. Constantly whining, crying, and moaning about me, firebirdsfan21, N Da No, hockey61fan and any other of your cronies that think you are the police on this forum. That would be you, gensdef, Savard, Toldyaso, Firebird71, jprenkert, and others. There are many who rarely post here because of the constant attacks. I am a weathered old fart and can take it. I am not a$$ kissing. Personally, I do not know N Da No nor do I care too. My take is to not read post from other Flint Firebird fans who you do not like, or agree with, or who increase your blood pressure. Mine was 122 over 75 an hour ago. Just think, this is all Firebird fan who are squabbling. Let the name calling begin.

Last edited:

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Haha this is too funny.

TCFlint werent you the one who wanted to run a poster out of town when everything happened years ago with flint? You were doing the same exact thing to them, even after Mods said he was legit and knew his stuff. Till a mod says someone knows their stuff, i among other people are going to call BS due to track history.

I have no blood/skin in this game and have followed this team since they were the Plymouth Whalers. When people insinuate they know more than they do and never discuss or get Vetted by Mods, really makes ya wonder what and how much they really know.

Alot of rumor and speculation is interesting and purely entertainment. When individuals decide to "die on the sword" of these rumors/speculation, and consistently are incorrect, something has to be said or done. I agreed with N da no at first, then after a bit i noticed stuff didnt add up or was incorrect. Others have noticed too. Along with having some type of vendetta against Flint, especially Rolf. Its obvious people on this board, see it and are tired of it.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Haha this is too funny.

TCFlint werent you the one who wanted to run a poster out of town when everything happened years ago with flint? You were doing the same exact thing to them, even after Mods said he was legit and knew his stuff. Till a mod says someone knows their stuff, i among other people are going to call BS due to track history.

I have no blood/skin in this game and have followed this team since they were the Plymouth Whalers. When people insinuate they know more than they do and never discuss or get Vetted by Mods, really makes ya wonder what and how much they really know.

Alot of rumor and speculation is interesting and purely entertainment. When individuals decide to "die on the sword" of these rumors/speculation, and consistently are incorrect, something has to be said or done. I agreed with N da no at first, then after a bit i noticed stuff didnt add up or was incorrect. Others have noticed too. Along with having some type of vendetta against Flint, especially Rolf. Its obvious people on this board, see it and are tired of it.
You sure act like a STH and defend them 100%. Is that part of your job description? Again, you are making my point!

Last edited:

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
What point is this? That everyone wants honest info about the organization that is backed up and reliable? Then yes i am helping you make your point. I never once have claimed to have any "insider knowledge" or anything like that. I have called out BS when it has been BS. What is wrong with that? I enjoy coming on here and reading about the team and the goings on with it. I give everyone a chance to state their facts/opinions. When one starts to smell sour/wrong repeatedly, time to call it what it is. I even messages N da No early on in support of what she was doing. Then started to see information was not correct and the individual seemed to not be "n da no".

I hope to see this team become like Sagnasty/London/the Soo/Plymouth, where they build a constant winner and get deep roots in the community along with turning out NHL grade talent. These players are kids. And are growing into adults. As a hockey fanbase and community we should be doing better to support and help make their lives/experiences better now and in the future. Some people would rather grind that axe everytime they can, not caring who or what it might affect.

Just get tired of the assumption that something crappy may be going on. We all know it has, so if it still is, just say it. With facts. Or talk to a mod to get vetted so people know it holds some weight.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I just do not find it necessary to constantly ridicule someone you do not agree with. Constantly whining, crying, and moaning about me, firebirdsfan21, N Da No, hockey61fan and any other of your cronies that think you are the police on this forum. That would be you, gensdef, Savard, Toldyaso, Firebird71, jprenkert, and others. There are many who rarely post here because of the constant attacks. I am a weathered old fart and can take it. I am not a$$ kissing. Personally, I do not know N Da No nor do I care too. My take is to not read post from other Flint Firebird fans who you do not like, or agree with, or who increase your blood pressure. Mine was 122 over 75 an hour ago. Just think, this is all Firebird fan who are squabbling. Let the name calling begin.

Actually the only person I don't agree with here is the person who just spreads countless BS. And now her puppet.

You don't live down here, you go to maybe a couple games a year, you might have family down here, but the negativity gets out and gets repeated. We all know there are issues with the team, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. I Iust don't want someone with absolutely no information just ripping a team.

She clearly has an agenda, it definitely looks personal the way she goes about her business. Rarely do you see a team thank someone for their service unless they are announcing a retirement. Why does she continue to bring up that Flint such a terrible organization for not thanking him etc.

It's such garage.

I've lived in the Flint area my entire life. I've been a season ticket holder for the Birds since Day 1. Im a season ticket holder for the Bucks. If they wanna add a minor league baseball team I'll be a season ticket holder for that too.

This city has been through so much. I want everything here to succeeded. With the constant BS propaganda from her its old, it's worn out, you can only beat the dead horse for so long.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Hey, I wish N Da No would have never posted here, but he/she is. Please do not read my posts if your blood pressure is so high. Should be a decent season. Cannot wait to the first Saginaw game. We owe them.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Again, a STH crony making my point. Please do not read my posts if your blood
pressure is so high. Should be a decent season.

My blood pressure is great. You should get yours checked out though. American heart association released a new study that anything over 120 is considered hypertension. So that 122 raises a red flag.

Reactions: Savard18

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Please don't call me out by name. I don't know you and you don't know me. I haven't responded to any of your rants in months Unless you want me to step back into the fray sir do not name me in your enemies list. One other thing stop multi gendering N Da No. She is a she as she so very rudely and pointedly informed me some time ago. When she thought it appropriate to announce to everyone what suburb of Flint I lived in and addressed me as neighbor (creepy I know). How She knew where I lived is still a mystery to me and even after directly asking her in a PM and reporting it to the Mods not a word on it was forthcoming. At that point I for the most part stepped back and have tried my best not to engage but if you are going to specifically name me in your enemies list I can step back in. I don't want to but if your going to stand on my front porch yelling my name well then I guess I have to. If you weren't so absorbed in your petty complaints to actually pay attention once in a while you might have noticed I'm one of those ones you mentioned who doesn't post very much anymore.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Actually the only person I don't agree with here is the person who just spreads countless BS. And now her puppet.

You don't live down here, you go to maybe a couple games a year, you might have family down here, but the negativity gets out and gets repeated. We all know there are issues with the team, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. I Iust don't want someone with absolutely no information just ripping a team.

She clearly has an agenda, it definitely looks personal the way she goes about her business. Rarely do you see a team thank someone for their service unless they are announcing a retirement. Why does she continue to bring up that Flint such a terrible organization for not thanking him etc.

It's such garage.

I've lived in the Flint area my entire life. I've been a season ticket holder for the Birds since Day 1. Im a season ticket holder for the Bucks. If they wanna add a minor league baseball team I'll be a season ticket holder for that too.

This city has been through so much. I want everything here to succeeded. With the constant BS propaganda from her its old, it's worn out, you can only beat the dead horse for so long.
THe funny thing is, you and me have disagreed. I've disagreed with 828, Toldyaso, Gensdef, Hockey61fan, 71 and others before. Me and 71 even got a bit nasty at one point but sometimes I'm wrong and he's right and neither of us go cry and hold grudges over it. Discussion and disagreement is a good thing. I, like everyone overlook certain angles and theories. It's good to hear a differing viewpoint. Often I DONT agree but sometimes I realize "oh shit, I'm completely viewing the situation wrong". It just never happens with a TC post.

AnotherDimwit

Sep 13, 2007
Grand Blanc, MI

Off topic, but how was attendance for the Bucks this year? I saw they won their national championship, and they've always had a strong team, but I never ended up making to a game at Atwood. Hopefully it's enough for them to get a solid footing here and the beginning of a long history in Flint.

Reactions: MJ5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad