Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
An Insider saying "Really no idea on this one"? I SUGGEST the "Insider" to get in contact with the player agent if he really wants to know the official status of Vierling.
Who’s his agent? Is it the same one as Ty Dellandrea I was supposed to contact last year when he was NOT going to finish the 2018-19 season in Flint?

Reactions: Toldyaso

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
You, with all of your supposed hockey knowledge knew what I meant from the beginning, but you can keep it going if you want.

domi55us

Nov 20, 2017
He's been correct before.

You are 0 for your life time here.

I'll trust him on this one.
The only way Verling is coming back I see if they can’t deal him. The 3 teams within 1hr from his house are Barrier, Mississauga, and Oshawa so pay attention to what those teams have to offer in players and NOT draft picks! He wants to play close to home so that he can live at home. His whole attitude changed when his best friend bioniconi was traded....look it up he has played like 3 games since then.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Then maybe he isn't cut out for pro hockey if hes this pissy about a friend getting traded. IF this is really what it is about.
None of us know what it is about so probably should stop speculating. It is what it is and right now that's none of our business.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
The only way Verling is coming back I see if they can’t deal him. The 3 teams within 1hr from his house are Barrier, Mississauga, and Oshawa so pay attention to what those teams have to offer in players and NOT draft picks! He wants to play close to home so that he can live at home. His whole attitude changed when his best friend bioniconi was traded....look it up he has played like 3 games since then.
Barrie and Oshawa aren't really in position to be sellers just yet, although you continue to hear talk about what trading Noel would bring them. Missy's most desirable piece (Harley) would probably cost much more than just Vierling.

Reactions: domi55us

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Barrie and Oshawa aren't really in position to be sellers just yet, although you continue to hear talk about what trading Noel would bring them. Missy's most desirable piece (Harley) would probably cost much more than just Vierling.

All 3 of those teams will be “selling” while looking to add players for next year. Barrie and Oshawa because they’ll be 2 of the best teams in the league next year. Mississauga because they stink

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

If that's the case he's more than welcome here and can be with Bianconi again.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Once Vierling is traded, besides a good player or two, we need a couple good draft picks as well. We no longer have am abundance of top draft picks.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
plenty of picks & [3-‘03 3rds(at least two doing very well in NOJHL)] imo, & potentially 5 very good OA to recoup picks in off season

Agreed, not worried about the picks at all. They got plenty of ammo to make a move if they want too.

And we deff have some good OA candidates for next year.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Spoken like a true member of the squad with many of your members giving you a "like". A+
Not a member of any squad. My likes of Toldyaso just mean i agree with him more than you

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Vierling would look good in a Rangers jersey, hopefully the Rangers are selling

I notice that Flint has been allowing a ton of goals against lately. Is this a Popovich issue or team issue? Would they be in the market for goaltending?

It seems Flint is already in the market for scoring as they don’t have anyone close to being among the top scorers in the league this year. It looks like they could use some scoring.

If the Rangers decide to sell, perhaps an expanded deal could be worked out between the two teams.

To Flint:
OA C - Meireles
OA RW - Yantsis
G - Ingham

To Kitchener:
OA G - Popovich
OA F - Phibbs
‘02 F - Vierling
‘02 D - Power*
2nd ‘20 (Soo)
2nd ‘24 (Gue)
2nd ‘24
3rd ‘23
3rd ‘24
4th ‘23*
4th ‘24 (Miss)*
4th ‘24*

Conditions are that if Power reports to Kitchener over the course of his eligibility, the 4th rounders go back to Flint.

Last edited:

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I notice that Flint has been allowing a ton of goals against lately. Is this a Popovich issue or team issue? Would they be in the market for goaltending?

It seems Flint is already in the market for scoring as they don’t have anyone close to being among the top scorers in the league this year. It looks like they could use some scoring.

If the Rangers decide to sell, perhaps an expanded deal could be worked out between the two teams.

To Flint:
OA C - Meireles
OA RW - Yantsis
G - Ingham

To Kitchener:
OA G - Popovich
OA F - Phibbs
‘02 F - Vierling
‘02 D - Power*
2nd ‘20 (Soo)
2nd ‘24 (Gue)
2nd ‘24
3rd ‘23
3rd ‘24
4th ‘23*
4th ‘24 (Miss)*
4th ‘24*

Conditions are that if Power reports to Kitchener over the course of his eligibility, the 4th rounders go back to Flint.
Flint’s not giving up all of that

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015

To Flint:
OA C - Meireles
OA RW - Yantsis
G - Ingham

To Kitchener:
OA G - Popovich
OA F - Phibbs
‘02 F - Vierling
‘02 D - Power*
2nd ‘20 (Soo)
2nd ‘24 (Gue)
2nd ‘24
3rd ‘23
3rd ‘24
4th ‘23*
4th ‘24 (Miss)*
4th ‘24*

in their last 8 games they gave up 35 goals. 16 of those were in 2 games. I wouldn't be waving the white flag quite yet. I was at one of those games and there were other factors that greatly influenced how that game was played that had little to do with either of the teams on the ice. when a match penalty is issued to one of your top scorers but then the league declines to suspend the player someone on the ice screwed up. That is all I will say about that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven and MJ5

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

To Flint:
OA C - Meireles
OA RW - Yantsis
G - Ingham

To Kitchener:
OA G - Popovich
OA F - Phibbs
‘02 F - Vierling
‘02 D - Power*
2nd ‘20 (Soo)
2nd ‘24 (Gue)
2nd ‘24
3rd ‘23
3rd ‘24
4th ‘23*
4th ‘24 (Miss)*
4th ‘24*

C’mon man. I know YOU know better than that. I like Yantsis, Meireles and Ingham but giving up a 17yo 2nd overall, a 17yo high second rounder, a Chanpionship winning OA goalie AND 3 2nd rounders AND 2 3rd rounders for a pair of OA’s and possibly a mild goalie upgrade? I don’t even think Branch will go for anything close to that. Goaltending has been mostly fine. Cavallin has been solid and I think he’s been outplaying Popovich lately. Popovich has been a bit inconsistent recently but he did play a 3 in 4 this weekend, starting every game and playing every minute. They could definetly use a kid on the wing that could finish though. Dellandrea has looked mostly lethargic up until this weekend, then right before WJC camp decided to turn it on, scoring 6goals and adding 5 assists in 3 games. If he starts producing anything close to what he did this weekend upon his WJC return, it’ll solve a lot of scoring issues. They’re getting depth scoring and it really does look like a few kids just haven’t hit their stride yet this year. Durham, Keppen, Morgan and Wismer mostly. Oksentyuk will continue to improve I think as he adjusts to life in NA as will Othmann who is already producing a decent amount for a 16yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad