Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipper

Jun 2, 2019
That’s double Holmes’ production though. Pierce is +15 better through 20 games, is a year younger, has spent considerably less time on the top two lines and has 44 games expierience in the O vs 188 for Holmes. Pierce’s game will improve whereas Holmes’ just seems to get considerably worse.

Maybe I should have clarified. I'm not comparing the two players, I was actually looking at Pierce individually from last year when he joined he came out strong and in 24 games he 8 goals and 2 assists and this year (a year older) in his first 20 games played he has 4 assists.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Despite it being 2020 and the game changing, toughness, size and grit still matter a bit come playoff time.

So true anychance you can call Harry Potter in Toronto and have a heart to heart? Leaf fans would be forever indebted to you!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Maybe I should have clarified. I'm not comparing the two players, I was actually looking at Pierce individually from last year when he joined he came out strong and in 24 games he 8 goals and 2 assists and this year (a year older) in his first 20 games played he has 4 assists.
Yeah, his numbers could be better but he is getting small minutes and always on the 4th line. He’s just failed to convert on a few plays and has created chances with his passing (which is actually pretty decent) that have just missed. He’s part of a decent size group on this team who’s numbers are a bit lower than I’d expect/hope. They’ve been getting it done by committee and depth and have got a few surprising contributions. Production from Phibbs, McCourt producing a bit more than I expected. I’ve been waiting for a few different guys to start producing more but they’ve been getting it done as a team so I haven’t stressed it but someone is gonna have to break out better offensive numbers soon. Last night they said Flint came into the game 15th on the PP and 4th on the PK I think? 5 on 5 has improved and they’re like the 2nd least penalized team in the league, so I’m trying to be patient as they are certainly trending in the right direction.

Reactions: Skipper

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Nice win tonight...also didn’t realize that Jeff Burridge was playing in Halifax

That’s good for him. I didn’t think he would make it to the major jr level watching him play with Wellington of OJHL. (Zachary Uens?) though, it would have been nice for Flint to have gotten a commitment from him.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Good win last night! Really disappointed in the attendance so far. STH'ers have been doing their part. Hopefully it will pick up during the holidays.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
It was disappointing last night. The players and staff have stepped up this year, it’s about time for the fan base to do the same. I would expect Wednesday to be pretty full and the numbers to start climbing after that. Especially if they have a strong performance against the Spirit.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
We also have two games home between Christmas and New Years that are typically very well attended.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Well that one was fun. They just seem like they’re not firing on all cylinders yet. If they ever get going and realize how good they can be, it’ll be a fun ride.

Reactions: MJ5

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It seems that Oksentyuk and/or McCourt and one other each game are driving the offence. I would really like to see Flint acquire Lodinia weeks ahead of the deadline. One high scoring OA RW might be all it takes to get and keep the team firing on all cylinders. It would certainly stretch out the scoring lines creating match up problems for other teams

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Notice Keppen was out last nite. Anyone know what kind of injury or why he was out. Didnt really see him get hurt the game before.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
It seems that Oksentyuk and/or McCourt and one other each game are driving the offence. I would really like to see Flint acquire Lodinia weeks ahead of the deadline. One high scoring OA RW might be all it takes to get and keep the team firing on all cylinders. It would certainly stretch out the scoring lines creating match up problems for other teams
Yeah, I’m a bit curious to see what the ripple effect from the acquisition of a top flight winger would be. A LW would be easier to fit into the lineup though and I would prefer it be a 18 or 19yo if possible so Phibbs doesn’t just get released. I know you want your OA’s producing more but he’s done everything he can to earn his spot. We’re 1/3 of the way into the season and Dellandrea certainly isn’t driving the offense. Or the defense either. Oksentyuk is gapping him in production and he’s even with Durham and McCourt in points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad