Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
His goal by far is the best I have seen in a very long time. Great asset. He will go high in his draft year.

The ‘02 & late ‘01 born should dominate the first 3-4 rounds, but Oksentyuk could be among the first NHL draft re-entries selected.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Honestly I thought they could have had a better night. There were stretches where they were just outworked by a less talented Ice Dogs club. Too many defensive breakdowns, Popovich bailed them out a ton and had an incredible night. Niagara’s goalie was good too and there were too many missed opportunities where Flint didn’t finish. Ty was trying to do just a little too much himself in his first game back. Off the top of my head, that’s about all of the bad. There was a lot of good. Thrilled to see Gretz and Cavallin back. Marcus Gretz is gonna be a big part of the D core this year. I get the Oksentyuk love but Evan Vierling was alright too in case nobody noticed. Othmann AND ALSO Kressler showed they’re likely to be stars in this league soon. A lot went good last night but you could see it’s early and there’s still a lot to work. Also, to clarify Dirty12’s post, 2019 was Oksentyuk’s draft year. Nobody drafted him. I don’t think that’s gonna happen a second time but I don’t think he’ll do enough to get into the top 3-4 rounds. If he does....that’s good news for Flint fans because it’ll mean he had a hell of a year. Looking forward to Sarnia in a few hours. Flint will need to be ready, the Sting are gonna want to put their first W on the board and they’re a nasty bunch.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
You know considering GM is on strike and some of the non GM plants that supply are laid off. Last nights attendance was excellent. Pretty sure a lot of those people dont have a family nite at the hockey game in their budget right now. Not as big a group as in the past, but still a size able part of our population.

Reactions: Toldyaso

OhTayy

Sep 28, 2019

Cavallin starts for the first time this season. Hopefully the start of a great season for him.

OhTayy

Sep 28, 2019
I'm mad at myself, I looked up tickets and everything but decided not to go. Looks like it's going to be a really exciting year! Vierling gets first star and looks really good already. Othmann with 2 goals on the season, and Keppen with 2 today! How was Cavallin? The numbers look bad, but was he off or was he just beat by good shots? Either way, just happy to win 3 of 4!!

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Did anyone see the Holmes penalty?
I didnt even see a Sarnia player fall to the ice. Maybe i just missed it. After watching 3 games live now. I think this team has a chance to be really good. Small sample size i know. They still have a lot of work to do on team defense though.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Hard to find faults when you are 3-1. I suppose the “D” could tighten up the shots allowed and 5 goals today on home ice. Also, Cavallin looked rusty in his first game, but that can be expected. Besides that a great start for our boys.

Fntfirebirdfan

Dec 16, 2018
Where did it happen?

I never saw anything crazy, and like Gensdef said no one ever went down.

Was it legit? Match penalty is 2 games minimum.
I'm not 100%, a player told me and said it seemed legit so we will see.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Where was everyone today? Almost 4,000 last night and only 1,300 today. Come on folks we need to support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad