Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If a few other guys lift up their game like Ty and Durham have, could be a fun finish to the season. Really like Piercey.

more fun if a 2nd scoring line comes together. Oksentyuk, Morgan, Wismer have all produced as Dellandrea’s wingers but

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Keppen Morgan Wismer line has been back together for 2 games now. Produced 2 goals and 2 assists in Kingston. Big goose egg for them in the SOO. Lets see if they can get rolling like they did in second half last year. Othmann Roberts Oksentyuk should be able to produce as well. They have the potential for 3 good scoring lines. Need to get 2 of them started.

Reactions: dirty12

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
True, however we did get our 3rd goal just as the power play expired. But yes, 0/3 on the powerplay means your PK is statistically getting better.
Umm I'm sure you noticed the sarcasm emote so just to be clear. It isn't statistically getting better on the road it has been pretty good since the beginning of November despite what a certain negative Karen says. That's a pretty good sample size to draw the conclusion from and is reflective of the teams current play. As far as scoring a goal just after the PP expired well, that happens all the time to every team so it all comes out in the wash.

Reactions: MJ5

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It isn't statistically getting better on the road it has been pretty good since the beginning of November despite what a certain negative Karen says.
Actually, it's been both a) pretty good since November and b) statistically getting better by going 0/3. But yes, I followed the thread enough to understand the sarcasm in your post.

Reactions: Toldyaso

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Glad to see Flint starting to get in a groove again. Maybe the special team stats look a touch out of wack due to a rough period of time that has been corrected. We seem to be playing with a full squad which will help keep guys fresh and help create and maintain the line chemistry. Fingers crossed for a decent playoff run. Even if its a 2nd round exit. Gotta start somewhere and build up from that.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Hopefully Emmett Pierce still gets a bit of ice time this weekend and isn’t constantly the odd man out. His game had really been stepped up over the last month. Would prefer to not see Deline and/or Harper just completely relegated to the press box too.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I agree regarding Pierce. Still scratching my head as to why Flint acquired Yule. He’s big yes, but not seeing him as a pure goal scorer from looking at his stats this year and the past. I’d say Yule and Pierce are pretty comparable, with Pierce having a slight edge.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree regarding Pierce. Still scratching my head as to why Flint acquired Yule. He’s big yes, but not seeing him as a pure goal scorer from looking at his stats this year and the past. I’d say Yule and Pierce are pretty comparable, with Pierce having a slight edge.

Yule was used on PK by the ‘67s. He’s 19 yr old depth which the firebirds could have used at times. 13 F can become 10-11 suddenly

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Yule was used on PK by the ‘67s. He’s 19 yr old depth which the firebirds could have used at times. 13 F can become 10-11 suddenly
Agree 1 spare forward and 2 spare D. There are likely to be injuries, sickness, suspension, and the coaches doghouse. Players will will be in and out of the lineup for various reasons. We've already seen Deline in a couple of times in place of Kolyachonok.

Reactions: dirty12

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Think the 5 game road trip came at the right time. Gave the new guys a chance to bond with the guys and get to know each other.

Yeah, absolutely. I was glad to see them face off vs Windsor, Saginaw, Ottawa and Peterborough immediately after the deadline too. Now they know they can compete with anybody for sure and can now focus on chemistry and improving the PP. I’m fine with the Yule addition. It was cheap, he adds size, can fight and kill penalties. It adds depth and if Giroux finds his way back to Flint, it gives Wellwood all kinds of matchup options in the bottom six. I just don’t want to see Yule, Pierce, Deline, Gretz, Giroux or Harper being completely relegated to the press box. They still need to develop and keep their game legs underneath them if they are called upon to fill a full time role. I did notice Piercey managed to pull off one of the 3 Stars of the night on the OHL website. I wanted to mention Phibbs penalty shot last night too. That was huge and was a pivotal moment in the game. He’s definitely added finish to his game this year, I don’t know why but when I saw it was him getting the shot last night, I just thought “Money. He’s got this”.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
As you know, Flint isn’t the only team with players sitting in the press box. When the standings are as close as they are this year it is really difficult getting these guys consistent playing time. Wellwood just needs to pick his spots where he can get a couple of these guys on he ice. Too many of them at once could weaken/hurt the teams chances in moving up in the standings.

Last edited:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
giphy.gif

Up 3......down 2.........win by 2.

1 for 1 on the Power Play tonight!

Piercey 2 more points!

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
100% on the PP!!! Man, Riley Piercey is completely making me forget about that kid they traded for him. It wasn’t the best 60 minute effort but it was the first time Daws allowed 5 this year AND the first time he’s allowed 6 too! Unfortunately, Flint got no help from anybody else in the standings. Go look at the Kingston-Saginaw box score. Ugh.

Smu fan

Jan 4, 2020
I really like the balanced scoring moving forward. Do we have 10 potential 20 goal scorers this season?

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
100% on the PP!!! Man, Riley Piercey is completely making me forget about that kid they traded for him. It wasn’t the best 60 minute effort but it was the first time Daws allowed 5 this year AND the first time he’s allowed 6 too! Unfortunately, Flint got no help from anybody else in the standings. Go look at the Kingston-Saginaw box score. Ugh.
Riley Piercey has step right in to that number 1 line like he has played there all season. Could be one of those trades that actually helps both teams.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The Dort should be SRO Saturday night coming off that 5 game road trip performance. Anxious to see how Flint fans respond.
Hopefully, there will be a huge walk-up crowd. Right now, the sales look thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad