Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Savard and I were the first 2 bagging on him. His effort early was extremely poor. He didn't look like he belonged at all.

I'm not sure what happened or who flipped the switch on him. But from October to today, he's an entirely different player. Hes skating hard every shift, his vision is way better as well. Ive been impressed with him lately, he's showing why he was a first rounder.
I not saying that you weren't, but I remember posting after the first day of Rookie Camp that I was shaking my head with him. Saw him taking lazy shortcuts through simple skating drills that every other player on the ice was giving full effort on. I agree, he's been a completely different player as of late, and it's been nice to see.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Bianconi has been pretty damn impressive for a 3rd round rookie too. Sure, he has his off nights and shifts but pretty much 90% of D struggle to take that next step at every level. Considering what has been thrown at that kid this year I've been pretty impressed "Hey! I know we're like 2-25 but we only got 4 D tonight, so you're gonna play 22 minutes and you need to help shut down that Suzuki/Hancock line. Oh, and if you can provide a little offense too, we need it."

Reactions: LDN

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I not saying that you weren't, but I remember posting after the first day of Rookie Camp that I was shaking my head with him. Saw him taking lazy shortcuts through simple skating drills that every other player on the ice was giving full effort on. I agree, he's been a completely different player as of late, and it's been nice to see.

I meant it as I need to give credit where credit is due at this point. I didn't watch any of the rookie camp stuff. But watching him now, to who he was in October. He's an entirely different player, and hes a plus player at this point.

Reactions: Gensdef

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

4 of 5 guys sidelines with injuries.

Deline is a scratch but its blank? I thought he had played pretty well for the most part. Why wouldn't he be dressing?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Probably doing the Uba thing with him, leaving him in Canada to get more time playing JrA. Seems like they would have learned to keep 7 D around. Maybe they were expecting Bangs to be ready?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Biggers and Ferria just trash.

Wasn't biggers the guy who took out someone in the corner in OT? Dude seems to always be in the way .

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
A little bit of questionable refing, a little bit of unlucky bounces, a little bit of not being able to finish, a little bit of soft goaltending early. A lot of better effort and performance compared to other Saginaw games this year. Jack Wismer on a tear? Ok. Pulling the goalie and not getting scored on? Ok. Unfortunately Kingston just cannot win a game to keep a gap ahead of them. I think the Fronts have 1 W in their last 15.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Wish Wellwood would go with Cav in goal more. We need to find out if he can do it night in night out. Sometimes looks like he could other times not.Realize he is young but need to use the rest of the season to find out.

Reactions: Firebrd828

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Wish Wellwood would go with Cav in goal more. We need to find out if he can do it night in night out. Sometimes looks like he could other times not.Realize he is young but need to use the rest of the season to find out.
Agree completely. At this point, he should be starting every game that's not a back-to-back. Vella won't be here next year, so Cavallin needs all the experience he can get.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Didn't get to go to the game or watch it live. Just watching the replay now after checking the box score and the thread. Was checking other box scores too. Kingston played Guelph tonight. Lucas Rowe picked up the instigator starting a fight with Gordeev. Interesting. Nobody has posted in the Guelph thread yet but I'd really like to hear or see what went down.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Oh, and what the hell do Cavallin's parents do for a living where he can just go through a full new set of goalie gear every other month?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
What has happened to Jake Durham? He was scoring so much and now has been scoreless for several straight games.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Didn't get to go to the game or watch it live. Just watching the replay now after checking the box score and the thread. Was checking other box scores too. Kingston played Guelph tonight. Lucas Rowe picked up the instigator starting a fight with Gordeev. Interesting. Nobody has posted in the Guelph thread yet but I'd really like to hear or see what went down.
Not much.... Gordeev erased out a forward coming down the boards. Rowe went after him. Wasn't even a fight.

Reactions: Savard18

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
What has happened to Jake Durham? He was scoring so much and now has been scoreless for several straight games.

Wellwood moved Uba to the 3rd line. Without him that first line just isnt clicking like it once was.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Wellwood moved Uba to the 3rd line. Without him that first line just isnt clicking like it once was.
Vierling and Holmes have also spent time on the left side of Dellandrea/Durham. I'm trying to think of which combo it was when Durham was really going, and I think he was the hottest when Holmes was there before, not Uba. I could be wrong.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Yeah, there's been a few on the LW there this year. I'd imagine he's trying to get Holmes going and spread the offense out across 3 lines but I'd rather see someone else there. Ty hasn't been producing at quite the same level lately either. It's hockey. Sometimes guys just go through slumps. Last time I brought Dellandrea being in a slump he immediately started going off for like month.....so let's hope.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Oh, and what the hell do Cavallin's parents do for a living where he can just go through a full new set of goalie gear every other month?

Cavallin's dad, Mark is an associate hockey coach for the Carleton University Ravens in Ottawa and his mother Caroline is a Personal Trainer.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
All I know is that his new pads are awesome, and the Flint theme makes me want to believe that he's committed to being here and seeing this thing through. I don't think he wore them before the trade deadline, but they had to have been designed and ordered before then, so that tells me that he planned on being in Flint, otherwise wouldn't he have just ordered a plain white set???

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
All I know is that his new pads are awesome, and the Flint theme makes me want to believe that he's committed to being here and seeing this thing through. I don't think he wore them before the trade deadline, but they had to have been designed and ordered before then, so that tells me that he planned on being in Flint, otherwise wouldn't he have just ordered a plain white set???
Yup. My thoughts too. I think he's had 3 sets of leg pads this year and 3 different lids too. I think the blockers and gloves have been have been changed up but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad