Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HealthyScratch1

Not Who You Think
Aug 4, 2016
Dort
I’m not buying what I’m hearing about Rolf buying the Whalers to have a place for his son to play.
Really? This is laughable.
Then why would he have TC draft his son when he clearly wasn’t OHL material. In your scenario he would’ve drafted the best available player at the time.
Why would he fire his coaches for not playing his son? Wouldn’t he want the best team on the ice to win? Nope, he wanted his son playing 20mins and PP time, not kidding.
After the coaches were fired then rehired the team was on their way to London. Rolf got word that #4 wouldn’t be playing that night. What did the “smart businessman” Rolf do? He called the bus driver while they were on the way to the game and order him to stop the bus immediately. The driver got off the expressway and stopped the bus because he was told by Rolf he wasn’t going to be paid. The team almost didn’t make warmups. In fact the London announcemer said they were late due to the weather. Nope. Gruden had to call Branch while stopped and Branch has to tell the driver he would be paid and told him to keep driving ASAP. When the team got back to Dort, gruden voicemail was of Rolf literally screaming at him. Gruden recorded them and sent them to Branch. Wasn’t long after the coaches were fired again.
I have many more stories just like this..
So please tell me again why you think Rolf didn’t buy this team just for his son.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I dont follow Garber or the Spirit all that close. I did go see a game last weekend and had a fun time. Loved the old time barn feel. We don't know what THEY did besides being "YES" men from people on the outside.

If you are such a big Garber supporter, why aren't you a season ticket holder of the Spirit. Looked like they could use some fans in the stands like you when i went. If you are so displeased with this franchise, why not move to one that is what 30 min up the road? And a team that has a positive record. I would post the record, but i really don't care about the record.

We know there is some favoritism/nepotism no matter where you go/work. I think what happened with the first firing was a great thing for the team as it shows they are sticking up for each other. We all agree if TC or Costa are around things will 99% no change. But strange things have happened. We wont know till he has ownership control and can run the franchise how he wishes.

Rolf must have done something right and continuing to if his business is as succesful as it has been. People can make the mistake of higher the wrong guy at the wrong time. Look at Illitch with the Tigers and Randy Smith...

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Short fuses all over the place. Hopefully, we can lite a fuse under the Firebirds this weekend.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Who needs Vouchers when your company pays for your tickets...oh wait

No more Firebird tickets after this year, that option is no longer available.

Have decided to choose a pair of comp Red Wings tickets for next year instead.

Not going to be able to use each and every one of them, so I am compiling a list of folks who would be interested on games not being utilized.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Short fuses all over the place. Hopefully, we can lite a fuse under the Firebirds this weekend.
tenor.gif

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
No more Firebird tickets after this year, that option is no longer available.

Have decided to choose a pair of comp Red Wings tickets for next year instead.

Not going to be able to use each and every one of them, so I am compiling a list of folks who would be interested on games not being utilized.
The Red Wings? The 2 points from the bottom of the league (only because they've played more games) can't make the playoffs anymore Red Wings? That is NOT a rebuild. That is the start of a long playoff drought. Awesome. Take yourself over to the Red Wings threads and warn them.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
The Red Wings? The 2 points from the bottom of the league (only because they've played more games) can't make the playoffs anymore Red Wings? That is NOT a rebuild. That is the start of a long playoff drought. Awesome. Take yourself over to the Red Wings threads and warn them.

Well Savard, I guess that I'll take that as you not being interested in any free tickets.

Tell that to the 20,000 fans who pack LCA every game to see this REBUILD. It took Flint 10 Games into the season to get 20,000 total in attendance.

A playoff drought is much easier to take when you have 4 Cups in the last 25 years then a team that has NONE in the last 25 years....now that's what I really call a DROUGHT.

Admit it, you'd really love to see the Hawks at LCA.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
HAHAHAHAHAHA The wings haven't sold old in a few years! They may have sold all the tickets, but doesnt mean butts are in seats. I went to the home opener and there was plenty of open seats..

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Well Savard, I guess that I'll take that as you not being interested in any free tickets.

Tell that to the 20,000 fans who pack LCA every game to see this REBUILD. It took Flint 10 Games into the season to get 20,000 total in attendance.

A playoff drought is much easier to take when you have 4 Cups in the last 25 years then a team that has NONE in the last 25 years....now that's what I really call a DROUGHT.

Admit it, you'd really love to see the Hawks at LCA.
LCA is NOT getting 20k a game....I’ve been to 6 and they’re lucky if there’s 15

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

I'll take some, shoot me a DM with your email and I'll send ya message. Been trying to take my nephew down to a game cheap.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
LCA is selling out or close to it, but the arena is not packed.

People are buying tickets to hang out at the bars. It's the most elitist shit I've ever seen. Upper management of my company and suppliers have tickets, and have taken some of my accounts down. I've had the accounts tell me they just watched the game on TV's from the bars there. I've went down with a buddy 3 times, the upper bowl is fullish. That lower bowl has all kinds of holes in it, but those tickets are all sold.

Your true hockey fans are sitting in the upper bowl watching the game, the elitist don't care and its more a position of self validation having tickets and saying you were there.

The place looks empty all the time, which is why they switched the seat backs from red to black so it wasn't such an eye sore.

Reactions: jprenkert

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The Red Wings are 6th in attendance out of 31 teams at just over 19,000 a game. Agree with MJ5 that many are watching from the many restaurants and pubs at Little Caesars Arena. Count me in on tickets as well. Would love to bring our new four year old to his first game.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
I'll take some, shoot me a DM with your email and I'll send ya message. Been trying to take my nephew down to a game cheap.

I'll add you to the list for next year. I don't know if you are aware but tickets for Red Wing games are now mobile. That means that I will need to transfer tickets for that specific game to you.

In order for that to happen I will need to get information from you (name, e-mail address).

Once I receive that I will send the request for transfer of tickets.

After the transfer is sent, the recipient (you) will receive an email notification to accept the tickets.

Once accepted, the tickets will appear in the your (recipient's) Red Wings account. However, you as the recipient must have a Red Wings account to accept the ticket transfer. If you do not have an account, you can easily create one when you accept the tickets. There is no charge for creating a Red Wings account.

I know that's complicated, but it sure beats paying face price of $155 a ticket.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Only 4 dmen tonight. Where is Deline? Bangs?

Vladdy I'd assume because he played Wenesday night.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018

Only 4 dmen tonight. Where is Deline? Bangs?

Vladdy I'd assume because he played Wenesday night.

Gonna be a tough night with only 4 D. I cant understand why Branch hasn't filled those spots with call ups. Or Wellwood insist there are call ups for situations like this. Terrible management of a team
The Branches need to go.!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
4 D missing. Unbelievable. I wonder if they've sent Deline back down. Vukojevic is back for Kitchener, disappointing Kolyachonok isn't playing too. That's a big loss.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Come on jprenkert, we need something else to be proud of. I think of them as Firebirds.

I think Ned would be more referred to as an Ice Dog than a Firebird, since he made a run at the OHL title with Niagara. No offense, but I'm pretty sure the majority (fans, players, coaches, etc) want to forget that first half season when Ned was a Firebird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad