Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I live 2.5 hours away and I am not financiallly invested like many of the season ticket holders here. I give you all credit for supporting our team and city. It is a bit easier for me to step away living up here in Traverse City. However, when it is in your blood, not much you/I can do about it. We don’t agree on a lot of things, except for hockey continuing in Flint. It is difficult at 3-27 or whatever it is, but thank you for doing your part to support the players, organization, raise concerns, challenge the gm/coach, and the league when needed. Let’s hope and pray for the best.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Nilsen has EVERYTHING to do with the OPERATIONS, if he were not funding the cost of OPERATING the team there would be no OHL team in Flint and you would not be able to BRAG that Flint at 3-27-2 is the worst team in all of Canadian Junior Hockey...No Nilsen, No OHL.

That is all he has done is send the Branches $$$$$$$ which in return Flint has gotten nothing but worse. I will say it again, this is not on Rolf Nilsen... It is strictly on the Branches and the OHL......

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
STOP defending the man (Nilsen) who created all of this. For if it was not for Nilsen's actions, the Branches and OHL would not be in Flint in the first place. The people of Flint are getting a horrid look as to how much the Branches and OHL really care about Flint......the results 3-27-2.

HealthyScratch1

Not Who You Think
Aug 4, 2016
Dort
I will say it again, this is not on Rolf Nilsen... It is strictly on the Branches and the OHL......
I know where you’re coming from when you say it’s the BB show screwing this up but what is the root of all this? Why is BB even here in flint?

Rolf had an awesome coaching staff the first year along with draft picks. The tools were in place. This team would’ve had a great run last year and this year, no doubt. Rolf doesn’t even realize that Gruden would’ve taught #4 the d position with time and patience. Rolf wanted him to play immediately, even on PP and PK.

Don’t forget the reason we’re here

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
I will say it again, this is not on Rolf Nilsen... It is strictly on the Branches and the OHL......
I've got to disagree...EVERY problem that this franchise has can be traced back to one root cause. That includes the reason that BB is even here in the first place.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
I know where you’re coming from when you say it’s the BB show screwing this up but what is the root of all this? Why is BB even here in flint?

Rolf had an awesome coaching staff the first year along with draft picks. The tools were in place. This team would’ve had a great run last year and this year, no doubt. Rolf doesn’t even realize that Gruden would’ve taught #4 the d position with time and patience. Rolf wanted him to play immediately, even on PP and PK.

Don’t forget the reason we’re here

This is exactly the reason that the OHL CANNOT and WILL NOT allow Nilsen to assume full reins of ownership once his suspension is lifted. The OHL CANNOT take the chance of something else happening that will only create more problems if Nilsen assumes full control.

Like I said before, the only hope to keep the OHL in Flint is with NEW ownership.

And to Dominic Hennig, STOP making a point specifically of thanking Rolf Nilsen at the end of each of your broadcasts. It makes me sick to see you complimenting this man (Nilsen) with the current state of hockey in Flint. People are staying away from the Dort with what Nilsen did and the proof is all of the empty seats.

Last edited:

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
How do we know DH hands aren't tied and he is only doing or saying what he is TOLD to, whether he agrees with it or not.

HealthyScratch1

Not Who You Think
Aug 4, 2016
Dort
And to Dominic Hennig, STOP making a point specifically of thanking Rolf Nilsen at the end of each of your broadcasts. It makes me sick to see you complimenting this man (Nilsen) with the current state of hockey in Flint. People are staying away from the Dort with what Nilsen did and the proof is all of the empty seats.

Dom is so far up their a$$ it's not even funny. He will never stop thanking Rolf. When the first year circus happened he was constantly defending Rolf and his 2nd floor admins to other staff. No-one took him seriously and players would stop talking if he was around.

This forum aggravates him immensely cause he can't control the narrative.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Dom is so far up their a$$ it's not even funny. He will never stop thanking Rolf. When the first year circus happened he was constantly defending Rolf and his 2nd floor admins to other staff. No-one took him seriously and players would stop talking if he was around.

This forum aggravates him immensely cause he can't control the narrative.
I think this forum is informative. I hate the
Forums that trash the kids. The adjults on the other hand...

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Is that why he has been MIA since the beginning of the season? Be nice to hear from him through the season. Wonder if he or any other higher ups have "Burner Accounts" for this board.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Is that why he has been MIA since the beginning of the season? Be nice to hear from him through the season. Wonder if he or any other higher ups have "Burner Accounts" for this board.

The Director of Communications seems to not be Communicating?

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit

Never would have guessed that one.

Ive been a fan of the OHL since I laid eyes on a live game back in 2012 I believe. Was there at the first Firebirds game with my Whalers jersey on. But with how Nilsen (SP?) and the OHL has ran this franchise into the dirt, it turns me off to anything OHL and specificity the Branches. They probably all have burners and hopefully they notice that we notice that the Branches are doing a job of "running" this team. I'm against what Nilsen did, but i think this con job of the OHL running the show is pretty evident when you read about things on this board. If the OHL were to move out of Flint, I'd probably not even try to see an OHL game ever again. Hope this team figures things out both on the ice and in the front office. I would love to see them become a perennial contender like Plymouth used to be.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
There's an old axiom of truth that should be made into a plaque that's inscribed:

It's IMPOSSIBLE to polish a turd.

The perfect Christmas gift to those engaged in the art of Public Relations or who's job description happens to be Director of Communications.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

I think it was a bit crazy he was on here for a few days as it was. I try and check some of the other teams threads from time to time, no one had ever seen that on here before.

I give him a little bit of credit for just showing up, but you can't expect him to sit on a forum and socialize with people. I was shocked he did it at all, especially with the state of this franchise.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I think it was a bit crazy he was on here for a few days as it was. I try and check some of the other teams threads from time to time, no one had ever seen that on here before.

I give him a little bit of credit for just showing up, but you can't expect him to sit on a forum and socialize with people. I was shocked he did it at all, especially with the state of this franchise.

He may have been told to stay off these boards as well. I think many in team(s) management sift through these to some point but after Brian C debacle with the 76's probably don't sign in with a account, just sign in as a guest to look around. Posting can be a career killer, it isn't worth the trouble for someone employed, IMO. Then again he could be back tomorrow for all I know.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I don't believe replying to people on this forum is part of his job description lol.

domi55us

Nov 20, 2017
He may have been told to stay off these boards as well. I think many in team(s) management sift through these to some point but after Brian C debacle with the 76's probably don't sign in with a account, just sign in as a guest to look around. Posting can be a career killer, it isn't worth the trouble for someone employed, IMO. Then again he could be back tomorrow for all I know.

I was told that some of the current players do read these boards but don’t comment on anything.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
You know it's bad when the we are talking about the broadcaster and
not the players, owner, or the Branch family.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Tippet from Mississauga got a 5 game suspension for a pick over the boards. Seeing rumors said it was a foam puck at that. And still got 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad