Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Looks like Flint needs to do a Potato Night too! 4 more and I think we're safe. The D is going to wear down a bit. Need more PP time so they can throw a F back there a bit and less on the kill. Vella has a habit of letting a few get by him and then settling in and finishing strong, so hopefully he can weather the first few minutes of the second and continue playing strong.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Where's my boy, Koly?
With the way things have been in Flint, my immediate reaction is worry. Vukojevic just said he got back to Kitchener yesterday. Kolyachonok was standing next to the goalie and was fine post game on Wednesday. Hopefully it's just an issue flying back to the States and missing the bus or something.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Out shot 53-29.......

Vella was fantastic, probably his best game of the year.
He's had a couple good ones lately. Actually Cavallin too. Now it's just a matter of stringing a few 60 minute performances in a row together. The boys playing good in front them consistently for 60 minutes will help. Break out your bold 9 key MJ5! and a 2 for the road record. OS got roughed up tonight, so they won't be sleeping tomorrow. Won't be easy in the Bayshore. Gotta say Cody Morgan has given full value so far. Not just for himself but also for the fact he's helped get Jack Wismer rolling too. This is by far the best stretch he's ever had.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Great game boys. Vella was outstanding tonight Best game I have seen him play all year.
Let's keep the momentum.... You deserve this.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Really like Cody Morgan’s game. 10 games.....8 points.....+/- of +10. Really impressed with Morgan, Keppen, Koly, Uba, Busby to build around. Also, nice to see Vierling having some success.

Reactions: LDN

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Really like Cody Morgan’s game. 10 games.....8 points.....+/- of +10. Really impressed with Morgan, Keppen, Koly, Uba, Busby to build around. Also, nice to see Vierling having some success.

Was just stopping by to ask about Morgans play so far. Glad he seems to be fitting in. Good kid.

Reactions: LDN

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Kitchener cameraman is horrible...has me seasick already with the constantly moving camera.:puppy:

They are bad in Kitchener. Especially on goal replays. They zoom in and try to follow the puck around the zone then try and follow the shot to the net. They never keep up and it's hard on the eyes. Just zoom out and keep the camera still please.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
They are bad in Kitchener. Especially on goal replays. They zoom in and try to follow the puck around the zone then try and follow the shot to the net. They never keep up and it's hard on the eyes. Just zoom out and keep the camera still please.
They're far from the worst though and the commentators are easily tolerable for a fan of the opposition. Flint has had a tendency this year to lose to the teams and fan bases I have a distaste for and pick up W's against ones I'm ok with. I dig Owen Sound, so hopefully it carries over to tomorrow.

419HockeyGuy

Nov 23, 2017
Worst by a long shot is the Soo

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Keppen on a 10 game point streak including 7 goals. Jack Wismer has 8 goals and 15 points in his last 14 games. That line with Morgan has been really impressive. It's been great to see the light come on for Jack and to see Keppen step up even more. Cody Morgan looks to be the best trade Branch has made in 2 years. Ty has 4g and 17 points in his last 8. He's -4 in that span, so some things still need some work though. I don't think I've been disappointed with a performance or the effort level since that Sunday Saginaw game a few weeks back. Next few are not easy opponents hopefully the boys keep showing up and giving 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad