Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Absolutely NHL teams have all the say where these kids play. If you remember Detroit was the reason Villi was traded to Missasaga. I was told while in Saginaw last week that Hunter Holmes has requested to be traded and that Owen Sound was looking at him. So let’s see if that becomes true in the next few weeks if the losing continues.

I am aware of six players who have requested trades, Ty and Holmes are among that group of six.

Reactions: domi55us

house hockey 98

Apr 8, 2018
If Holmes requested a trade than please trade him. Also if players do read this thread, then stop wasting your energy here and put it into winning just one game. baby steps

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I’m sure at this rate a lot of the boys are looking to get out and can you blame them?

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
If Dellandrea wants out, I would hope home town Oshawa would be calling. He would fit perfectly with the Generals looking to be going for it this year and next. I'm sure he would cost one of wong, brewer or antropov plus multiple seconds and thirds to start.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I’d would be totally surprised if they would get any player to come, especially their draft year!

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
If Dellandrea wants out, I would hope home town Oshawa would be calling. He would fit perfectly with the Generals looking to be going for it this year and next. I'm sure he would cost one of wong, brewer or antropov plus multiple seconds and thirds to start.

As I said earlier, Ty's first choice would be to play close to home. That would put Oshawa at the top of the list. Let's see what happens.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I hope this wasn't towards me Savard18. If you remember correctly I was and am verified by the moderators as being an "insider". Some forum members don't like that fact and me for whatever reason, which is ok and they'll always push back for whatever reason. I still follow this thread along with others within the organization, including players. BTW, if you believe that Dom just found this thread last month then you need to have your head checked. He's followed this thread since day one and still does.

To confirm N Da No, It is 100% correct that Ty, Ty's parent's and Dallas want him out of Flint, sooner than later. Someone said on here that NHL teams have no say with trades or with team decisions and their prospects.. This is absolutely false.

To leave with a positive spin. Wellwood is a good coach that the players respect and can relate to. I think once he puts his system in place and gets some of his players back that this team will be decent. He seems like a young Gruden
No, it wasn't directed at you. It's been awhile but if I recall correctly, I was one of the ones who defended your potential credibility before the mods posted. It is getting very old though. We always get "there's secret issues going on behind the scenes we can't say" and "support the players" but that costs a lot of my time and a fair amount of money that could be spent supporting MY kids and in return year after year we get half efforts from veterans that want out and very little on ice success. I've heard some really interesting rumors regarding Ty lately but if he keeps to himself in the locker room and wants out, I find it odd he's still wearing the C. If that's your veteran and leader it's no wonder the team is following suit and struggling. It's hard to not think some of the blame is on the players too. Most of them have been underperforming and being outplayed by 17yo Keppen, a 17yo 10th rounder that played Midget last year, and often 16yo D Bianconi has outperformed others on the blue line. It looks like Cavallin's giving 100% and I'm sure Vella's trying to not get mentally beat down too. Ty's actually looked pretty good lately (outside of standing at the blue line staring at an offsides puck while an Ice Dog chipped it past him at full speed for a breakaway. That was very unlike him and so bad it was almost comical. Sorry Ty.) and if Wellwood truly believes he can convince Ty to change his mind I'm all for him keeping the C. I thought this group was ready to make a step forward and really challenge for post season success next year. It appears I was wrong and if that's the case, they might as well move players out and load up on picks and youth. Hakon can finish his Jr career on the worst OHL team in a decade. After 4 years of seeing who the OHL will allow to buy and run franchises, the nepotism issues in Sudbury, Flint, Barrie, Sarnia and the league itself it's easy to see why the USHL/NCAA route is catching them in leaps and bounds.

Reactions: HealthyScratch1

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
domi55us; In reading your post about Hunter Holmes asking for a trade and OS looking at him, I'm wondering if a player that Flint may be looking at in return might be #25 Robinson? He is a MI born 99/RW on the Attack roster. Possibly something to keep an eye on as also reported in this thread that the Firebirds may need bodies moving forward this season and next.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
I have trouble understanding why anyone would put the C on someone who doesn't want to be there. Adversity is when Character comes to the fore and I am frankly surprised at the deficit of character from those you expect it from most. So if all the talk of wanting out is true and that is not a certainty despite certain rude individuals expecting us to take their word for it. Please someone enlighten us as to what happened over the summer to bring all this on? This isn't because they are losing. They are losing because they quit before the season ever started. I am a big fan of Ty and admired him for how hard he played last year in spite of the fact the team was going nowhere. I am truly disappointed if he truly has quit on the team and is just waiting to be moved.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
No, it wasn't directed at you. It's been awhile but if I recall correctly, I was one of the ones who defended your potential credibility before the mods posted. It is getting very old though. We always get "there's secret issues going on behind the scenes we can't say" and "support the players" but that costs a lot of my time and a fair amount of money that could be spent supporting MY kids and in return year after year we get half efforts from veterans that want out and very little on ice success. I've heard some really interesting rumors regarding Ty lately but if he keeps to himself in the locker room and wants out, I find it odd he's still wearing the C. If that's your veteran and leader it's no wonder the team is following suit and struggling. It's hard to not think some of the blame is on the players too. Most of them have been underperforming and being outplayed by 17yo Keppen, a 17yo 10th rounder that played Midget last year, and often 16yo D Bianconi has outperformed others on the blue line. It looks like Cavallin's giving 100% and I'm sure Vella's trying to not get mentally beat down too. Ty's actually looked pretty good lately (outside of standing at the blue line staring at an offsides puck while an Ice Dog chipped it past him at full speed for a breakaway. That was very unlike him and so bad it was almost comical. Sorry Ty.) and if Wellwood truly believes he can convince Ty to change his mind I'm all for him keeping the C. I thought this group was ready to make a step forward and really challenge for post season success next year. It appears I was wrong and if that's the case, they might as well move players out and load up on picks and youth. Hakon can finish his Jr career on the worst OHL team in a decade. After 4 years of seeing who the OHL will allow to buy and run franchises, the nepotism issues in Sudbury, Flint, Barrie, Sarnia and the league itself it's easy to see why the USHL/NCAA route is catching them in leaps and bounds.

Savard18...First and utmost support your kids with all the time and money that affords you. Kids grow up fast, before you know it they will be adults, all grown up, beginning their adult lives and starting their careers.

Don't let an organization like what the Firebirds have exhibited take time and money away from you and your family. Family should be FIRST.

With the dwindling attendance and fan discourse, how are you going to handle it if the OHL makes an announcement at the end of this season that "Due to the lack of attendance and fan interest, the OHL has decided to remove the franchise from Flint."

Putting the blame on Flint and it's fans for not supporting this debacle.

Maybe then you will realize how valuable time is with your kids and your family and not a hockey team.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The problem is still Rolf and the OHL. 1) the team needs to be sold, and 2) the OHL had given us a very poor team and GM. Trading Dellandrea, Holmes and whoever else, will just give us more draft picks who either won't report, or do not want to be here. Such a bad situation to be in.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
. Hakon can finish his Jr career on the worst OHL team in a decade. After 4 years of seeing who the OHL will allow to buy and run franchises, the nepotism issues in Sudbury, Flint, Barrie, Sarnia and the league itself it's easy to see why the USHL/NCAA route is catching them in leaps and bounds.
As much as I respect your usually bang-on comments, I have to take issue with the “nepotism issues” in regards to Sarnia (assuming you’re talking about Hatcher, not Matt Ciccarelli a few years ago). Young Kelton has never been given top 4 minutes until this year, which he currently deserves. He’s never been given power play minutes, rightly so... But he’s always been a very adequate defender in my opinion, in spite of whining from those who need to be perpetually outraged about something. He’s been no different than any other 17 year olds when he was 17; ditto for his performance at 18; etc...
I’m guessing there’s always a bunch of crap associated with being coach’/owner’s son and he’s dealt with it just fine.
Yeah, he’s not much of a puck handler, but is currently tied with Missy’s R McLeod in goals this season ;)
Cheers

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
"Due to the lack of attendance and fan interest, the OHL has decided to remove the franchise from Flint."

I don't see anyplace they could drop a franchise into right now myself.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Yes and I always find your post to be fair and thorough.

In the past I may have come through as too harsh and I regret that.
Well, hello there. Good to see you still hanging around. Although your message was never a bright one regarding the Firebirds, I always knew you to be spot on with your information.

Other posters had better take heed...N Da No, while not delivering the message that any of us want to hear, has a better chance of having predictions come to life than any of you are giving credit for. It sucks to hear, I know...but this team's problems run deep right now.

HockeyForLife14

Aug 31, 2018
I hope this wasn't towards me Savard18. If you remember correctly I was and am verified by the moderators as being an "insider". Some forum members don't like that fact and me for whatever reason, which is ok and they'll always push back for whatever reason. I still follow this thread along with others within the organization, including players. BTW, if you believe that Dom just found this thread last month then you need to have your head checked. He's followed this thread since day one and still does.

To confirm N Da No, It is 100% correct that Ty, Ty's parent's and Dallas want him out of Flint, sooner than later. Someone said on here that NHL teams have no say with trades or with team decisions and their prospects.. This is absolutely false.

To leave with a positive spin. Wellwood is a good coach that the players respect and can relate to. I think once he puts his system in place and gets some of his players back that this team will be decent. He seems like a young Gruden

The NHL team can "request " a trade but the OHL club as final say as the player is their property and needs to get value for the player not just on a whim.

The NHL team has 2 choices....bring him or let the OHL team do its business.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
The NHL team can "request " a trade but the OHL club as final say as the player is their property and needs to get value for the player not just on a whim.

The NHL team has 2 choices....bring him or let the OHL team do its business.
The reality is that OHL teams don't say "no" to NHL teams

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Savard18...First and utmost support your kids with all the time and money that affords you. Kids grow up fast, before you know it they will be adults, all grown up, beginning their adult lives and starting their careers.

Don't let an organization like what the Firebirds have exhibited take time and money away from you and your family. Family should be FIRST.

With the dwindling attendance and fan discourse, how are you going to handle it if the OHL makes an announcement at the end of this season that "Due to the lack of attendance and fan interest, the OHL has decided to remove the franchise from Flint."

Putting the blame on Flint and it's fans for not supporting this debacle.

Maybe then you will realize how valuable time is with your kids and your family and not a hockey team.
Yeah, it was Kelton and I agree with you, but the first part of his rookie season was rough from what I saw and some Sarnia fans have never quite let up on him. I'd say about the same for Hawerchuk in Barrie. He's done ok but never gets a break from criticism. It's messed up for the OHL to say your kid can't play for the team you own or coach but it happens frequently and too often turns out badly.

HockeyForLife14

Aug 31, 2018
I have done already what you have suggested. I didn't bother to call or write, I spoke directly to both Rolf Nilsen and Barclay Branch face to face. And as to the league headquarters I have numerous contacts in Scarborough who keeps me informed as to whats going on in regards to Flint's situation. Knowledge of the hiring of Wellwood before it was announced, Dallas's demand in regards to Ty and Kolyachonok's immigration status. So that's why I only have facts.

This immigration situation with Kolyachonok is disgusting. If you really knew what was going on all Flint Hockey fans WOULD agree with me and NOT disagree with me as you supposedly stated in your post.

You are very uninformed as to status of immigration....not teams fault, get your facts correct.

Reactions: MJ5

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Youngstown, OH and Johnstown, PA have shown interest.
If I recall, that last time Johnstown was brought up, a fair amount of criticisms were raised about its viability. Youngstown has a decent USHL program and the O would probably lighten its travel costs....maybe....but they average about 1,500 a game over the last few years. 17%? They'd need to see a 75% increase in attendance to keep from being bottom of the OHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad