• Tarasenko

Votes: 44 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
one of the more interesting takes by the Penguins was that Tyler Motte deliberately elbowed Jeff Petry in the mush in the 1st period. Sorry but Petry found a way to run into that elbow as Motte was trying to push the puck to a teammate set up behind the Penguins goal. You can see the stick flying out of his hands as he's making that passing kind of movement that brings his elbow slightly upwards. That stick flying out of his hands the result of Petry's defensive play which he led with his face.

Yup. Motte:
-never looked over his shoulder
-had his elbow up to play the puck which was necessary b/c of the lie of his stick and the angle he approached the puck on the wall
-was clearly not expecting to be faced in the elbow, as the impact surprised him and caused the stick to fly out of his hands.

Pens are idiots and POJ absolutely should have penalized for the hit to the head of Motte in retaliation. Only poetic that POJ's mishandle led directly to Motte's goal later in the game.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
What if we had traded kreider instead of a 6M deal??? Unbelievable.

Literally every team would take that contract right now.
Kreider was a UFA that year. A true example of eating your cake and having it too.
“The what if” would have been Kreider at 6M, Jason Robertson and the 2020 30th over-all, first round pick.
Know that’s Unbelievable.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I can’t say chytil isn’t trying to score though. He’s busting it doing everything he can to break out. Kakko on the other hand is saving himself for marriage

I've liked Chytil's mentality during this dry spell. Keep working hard and getting chances and they'll come, he gets a few great chances every night. He'll be heating up for the playoffs imo

Tarasenko is a beast of a 1st line player. Great shot great vision and put Sidney on his ass, he's a bull

The defensive play he made on Crosby in front of the net late in a 1 goal game is how Stanley Cups are won.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
one of the more interesting takes by the Penguins was that Tyler Motte deliberately elbowed Jeff Petry in the mush in the 1st period. Sorry but Petry found a way to run into that elbow as Motte was trying to push the puck to a teammate set up behind the Penguins goal. You can see the stick flying out of his hands as he's making that passing kind of movement that brings his elbow slightly upwards. That stick flying out of his hands the result of Petry's defensive play which he led with his face.

Probably shouldve been called a penalty originally but it was clearly unintentional. The 3 hits Motte took away from the play could've been called as well, but I'm fine with him getting a "f*** you" goal instead

Chris Kreider gets so much disrespect from this fan base its unbelievable.

He's moving up the Rangers all time goal list and keeps scoring big goals for the team.

I've been open to the possibility of moving him in the past, but it's never been something I really wanted the team to do. The presence of Tarasenko & Kane seem to have freed Mika & Kreider up to play their true games. Mika is flying through the middle of the ice with more frequency, and Kreider has been much more physical. It's like they both know they no longer have to be expected to carry the offensive and defensive load.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
What if we had traded kreider instead of a 6M deal??? Unbelievable.

Literally every team would take that contract right now.
Yes, but we lost Brady because of it, right? Oh wait, we got a 1st FOR him. I'll take a Kreider, and a 1st, for Brady. Even though I liked him.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Your post is a joke! Did you see how many calls were NOT made that should’ve been?
There were many. Refs let the boys play. We only had 2, and didn't score. Not like the refs gave us hometown calls, they deserved them and actually got away with almost murdering motte after he almost decapitated what's his name.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
There were many. Refs let the boys play. We only had 2, and didn't score. Not like the refs gave us hometown calls, they deserved them and actually got away with almost murdering motte after he almost decapitated what's his name.
I think you you misunderstood that post. I agree with you. I think the Rangers, as an organization, gets jobbed by the league on a nightly basis. Much to the chagrin of a few posters on here.

Tom thinks it’s a conspiracy theory. I think it’s a concerted effort on the league’s part that was on full display last night for the world to see…contrary to Tom’s, duh, Rangers 2 Pens 0 power play, it’s a conspiracy, derp.

How many more goals do the rangers score if just five out of the fifteen calls were made that should’ve been? Not just that, it would also mean pit likely doesn’t score their second goal and then fatigue becomes a factor. I’ve just resigned myself to view the league through the same lens as professional wrestling, weighted slightly more to unknown outcomes VS preferred.

Last edited:
Reactions: NCRanger

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
If this is our game, we're gonna drag our nuts all over this league. Please let this be the real version of us
They're starting come together. They stay healthy and keep they're heads out of their collective asses and you could very well be right.
Chris Kreider gets so much disrespect from this fan base its unbelievable.

He's moving up the Rangers all time goal list and keeps scoring big goals for the team.
Guy is a Ranger through and through even if he eventually doesn't finish his career here. That said I was never in favor of moving him when his last contract expired.

I will always remember game 5 against the Caps in 2015. Time winding down - my wife says "How's it looking?" I respond with "Not good". Kreider pots one about 30 seconds later and we know how that series ended.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Good game. Solid Defense and all lines had good looks.

Kids have shown they can grind away on the cycle but they need to start looking for those dirty goals. Wears the other teams down and sometimes draws a penalty here or there but they need to start showing up on the scoreboard more no question.

Lets do it again Saturday and leave these clowns in the dust for good.
The Kids were their best players for like two weeks. The guys making the money were quiet and that can't happen. Even when the third line doesn't score they create chances. They will start getting back on the sheet.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think you you misunderstood that post. I agree with you. I think the Rangers, as an organization, gets jobbed by the league on a nightly basis. Much to the chagrin of a few posters on here.

Tom thinks it’s a conspiracy theory. I think it’s a concerted effort on the league’s part that was on full display last night for the world to see…contrary to Tom’s, duh, Rangers 2 Pens 0 power play, it’s a conspiracy, derp.

How many more goals do the rangers score if just five out of the fifteen calls were made that should’ve been? Not just that, it would also mean pit likely doesn’t score their second goal and then fatigue becomes a factor. I’ve just resigned myself to view the league through the same lens as professional wrestling, weighted slightly more to unknown outcomes VS preferred.
Thanks, but yeah agree with whatbyou justbsaid. One of the reasons why i dont bet on games anymore. Because when push comes to shove, the refs can really screw you over, even if you "think" you know what you are doing, THEY are in control of certain outcomes.

Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The "refs are against us" is a lazy take. Honestly thought the refs did a decent job of letting us watch a playoff style game last night. Penalties could have been called on either side, its hockey, that's how it goes, you can't call every thing because the game would never end.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
That guy would be hurt by now if he was here.

Re Chychrun, not sure why it never showed it as a reply

I never thought of the hip surgery idea, that could actually work but hip surgery is usually a really long process.
Well I think he actually needs it from what I’ve read all year, but of course I’m totally in the dark. Depending on what he needs, it could be like 3-4 month recovery. Longer to be game ready.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
After the battle, the cavemen were overjoyed with their victory. They celebrated in a grand feast, which featured lentils as the main dish, cooked to perfection by Mika Zibanejad. The entire tribe was present, including the previously-injured Vladimir Tarasenko who had now fully recovered.

The feast was accompanied by the rhythmic sounds of tribal war music, performed by none other than Mika himself, who was a skilled instrumentalist as well as a nutritionist.

The cavemen were proud of their accomplishment, and their leader, Gerard Gallant, led the celebrations with great enthusiasm. The cavemen sang and danced around the campfire, their faces painted with tribal markings.

As the night wore on, the cavemen continued to celebrate, retelling the tales of their victory against the mighty penguins. Trouba was hailed as the hero of the battle for his impressive knockouts, and Kane was lauded for his incredible recovery from malnourishment.

Igor Shesterkin, the last line of defense, was also honored for his bravery and quick reflexes during the battle. The cavemen chanted his name in unison, "Igor! Igor!"

The cavemen continued to feast and celebrate well into the night, their spirits lifted by their hard-earned victory. They were now the most feared and respected tribe in the land, and they knew that they could conquer any challenge that lay ahead.

Reactions: egelband

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Rangers took over that game physically. Pens might lead the league in hits, but for the most part NYR were much HEAVIER on the body than them. By the 3rd I started noting some Pens pulling up rather than get hit. A 7 game series against us would not be fun for them. Letang might actually die.
That being said Crosby is one of the greatest of all time. At 35 he’s just about as good as ever and has an iron will to win. He’s chaos out there and may be this good till 40. I f***in HATE it.

Reactions: Peltz and egelband

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
He's by far the best passing forward on the team. No matter how annoying he is to some, he's a true point creator.
He is a great passer & he racks up points, but he's also a turnover machine. Thus my point stands.

Kane is an equally good passer, if not better, but it's not worth a debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad