• Tarasenko

Votes: 44 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
We can play word games and throw around conspiracy theories... but if you have eyes to see...

The Pens and EDM are the winningest "non OG6 teams" with 5-6 cups each! Pens fans act like they're entitled to win every frigin year! Do you remember when Sid/Gino were the poster boys for the NHL? Marketing huh?
They called practically anything thing they could with those 2 on the ice. Their PP was literally a GA every time they were on the ice!

The POS fans of theirs boo Trouba, and their media cry foul play, but when they had "Cookie" and Larouque...
"its just hockey boyz"

It's all BS and you know it!

Betteman/NHL despise the NYR$$. They do nothing to advance the interests of the league.

Nearly every nationally televised game/playoff series is slanted/biased towards the opposing team... you can't make this up.
I’ll never forget in the 2008 playoffs (I think) we were playing Shittsburg and they called Tyutin for closing he’s hand on the puck for knocking a puck out of mid air and putting it down in front of him. I have never seen that called let alone in a playoff game!

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Had to watch on delay so Im late, but I wanted to echo that Tarasenko really stood out and set the tone from the opening shift. He was the player of the game imo, but nobody was a passenger in this one.

Idk why people thought the kid line was bad. They weren't, and it's a great mix in the bottom six to utilize the 4th line more if they're rolling. The kids will break through again and with any luck it'll start game 1 of round 1.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I’ll never forget in the 2008 playoffs (I think) we were playing Shittsburg and they called Tyutin for closing he’s hand on the puck for knocking a puck out of mid air and putting it down in front of him. I have never seen that called let alone in a playoff game!

Is that the call that gave them the PP at the end of regulation in G5 or was that something else? I remember it was bullshit.

I don't think they scored in the power play but it carried over into OT and they ended up winning early

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Plugging in Cuylle, a homegrown who will add some physicality, speed and has goal scoring hands, is not to be discounted because he's not a 90pts 1st line star.

Just like we discounted Vesey to start the year.... and the most overrated Ranger ever, Motte. These players serve a purpose and play a role.

Do you see the difference with having a strong 4th line? Also the types to score GWG in tight playoff games.
Don’t disagree with you, but bear with me for a sec lol

My response was a response to a response stating we should stop considering Cuyle as anything more than a 4th liner, to which the response was ‘don’t count on it’ which i responded by agreeing and elaborating on it.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Agreed. Grinder is a bit of a one dimensional description that I used. All I mean is, when he's in the offensive zone, he's able to create total chaos in so many ways. He's an absolute pest and you just can't get rid of him. I feel like I don't even understand half the things he does to keep generating offense for his line.

For some reason, even though he's been playing for nearly 2 decades, he's able to put on performances where teams still can't figure out how to neutralize him. I don't even fully understand why he's so good. He just makes magical things happen out there constantly and I hate him for it.

He just has these shifts of total dominance and knows exactly where to be positioned at all times to receive these perfect puck bounces.
It is f***in true.

deathb4disco

Oct 19, 2010
Flowery Branch GA
What about when they called the team out of the locker room to restart the shootout? never seen it b4 and haven't seen it since

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Di
Did some work on his house years ago. He had a bunch or buddies from Russia over. Great guy, feeding me beers and food during the entire project.
Did the quality of the house allow you to accurately predict how long he was planning on staying on the Rangers? Asking for a friend.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Is that the call that gave them the PP at the end of regulation in G5 or was that something else? I remember it was bullshit.

I don't think they scored in the power play but it carried over into OT and they ended up winning early
I don’t remember exactly when, but it was definitely third period. I think it was either game 1 or 2. I know it was in that shithole city.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Reactions: deathb4disco

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Nothing fancy about that play.

Neglected to move the puck to his right where he had 2 support players. Instead tried pushing it behind the net to a waiting Sidney Crosby.

Just bad decision making
Those are growing pains ....and that stuff will happen....in fact it even happens when you are great . We are a long ways from being elite in all positions .....I do like seeing Miller being agressive though with the hits and the rusing with the puck....I think that is getting better . Hopefully he become a long time meanSOB for us for 10 more seasons . He eventually could become a great rushing DMan .

Reactions: duhmetreE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Don’t disagree with you, but bear with me for a sec lol

My response was a response to a response stating we should stop considering Cuyle as anything more than a 4th liner, to which the response was ‘don’t count on it’ which i responded by agreeing and elaborating on it.
he's most likely a bottom6 player . He'd obviously start on the 4th line but he has hands/shot. To me that makes him potentially more than just a 4th liner.

I would say middle6 is possible as a compliment piece but it's more in that I appreciate how he plays and what he'd bring to the team. We need it.

Reactions: romba

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
yea sure but its more like an elite 3rd liner type player. hope I'm wrong. he gives me hope sometimes but then goes through long stretches of nothing right after.
I still believe he can become a top player in the league in a couple years. I know there's not many like me but I see a possible path

I'm more confident in Laffy, than any other forward, including Chytil. He will be the best of the bunch by a good margin IMO

Reactions: UnSandvich

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I still believe he can become a top player in the league in a couple years. I know there's not many like me but I see a possible path

I'm more confident in Laffy, than any other forward, including Chytil. He will be the best of the bunch by a good margin IMO
Agreed, he's coming along nicely imo, slower than most hoped but everything seems to be pointing to a bit of a breakout next year imo.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Talk about overrating our prospects. I guess because he scored a bunch of goals against kids in Juniors when was 19-20 years old and like 40 pounds heavier....

Sure he can make huge strides in the next year or two and turn into a middle sixer but 100% agree with you about not counting on that to happen. A 4th liner who can maybe slot up to the 3rd as needed, is great on the boards and cycle while also being able to pot a few from the crease area sounds good to me.
My comment was to your point that neither Kane or Tarasenko will be here next year. Cuylle will probably be here. One if the graybeards may well be here too.

should have kept the momentum and had a brisk practice today... just me though... the benefit of having a homestand.
Don’t wear the team out in March

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
They're supposed to call the most egregious penalties in the playoffs, or at the very least... high sticks to the face.

One game doesn't absolve the nightly disaster of this leagues officiating. It's never the same game 2x.
Yep. Seems like they want every match to go down to the wire.
In fact, it’s probably beneficial - or at least more beneficial than one would think - to not score the first goal. Officials will award PPs and the ensuing momentum could be a game changer.

Can we talk about Kreider’s hilarious little skip/hop over Dumolin?
This is why Binnington was so upset at Hartman. These guys are absolutely able to avoid contact when they want to. I agree Binnington overreacted but I also think there was purpose to the bump. And Binnington has had bad experience with getting hit ‘accidentally’.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
My comment was to your point that neither Kane or Tarasenko will be here next year. Cuylle will probably be here. One if the graybeards may well be here too.
That wasn’t my point, someone else said it. I was just commenting and agreeing with you not to expect too much from Cuyle. 4th liner, maybe 3rd if he develops nicely. Unless that wasn’t your point then it’s mine now:)

Reactions: egelband

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yep. Seems like they want every match to go down to the wire.
In fact, it’s probably beneficial - or at least more beneficial than one would think - to not score the first goal. Officials will award PPs and the ensuing momentum could be a game changer.

This is why Binnington was so upset at Hartman. These guys are absolutely able to avoid contact when they want to. I agree Binnington overreacted but I also think there was purpose to the bump. And Binnington has had bad experience with getting hit ‘accidentally’.
Binnnington also came sliding out of his crease after the goal for no good reason. I don’t know if there was purpose to it but I can understand why Hartman wouldn’t have expected him to come out like that

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Binnington needs his boney ass handed to him, I'm happy they didnt let Fleury fight him because he actually probably would have beaten flower and pumped his own tires. I wanna see Helleybucyk beat his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad