• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
On Tarasenko - He's bought into what Gallant wants him to do. Still isn't shooting quite enough for my liking but that will come with time, he'll get his opportunities with his current line.

Absolute supreme effort from him all over the ice last night. Should have more votes in the poll but those votes are always going to go to people who scored or the goalie if he had a good night.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
The biggest downside of the spend all cap space on Kane thing is we are one injury away from Harpur playing in the playoffs (Assuming Lindgren is back) otherwise we are obviously already there.

I said this when Kane coming was thought to be off the table. Really needed a Justin Braun to come as a #7 for depth reasons.

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Rangers took over that game physically. Pens might lead the league in hits, but for the most part NYR were much HEAVIER on the body than them. By the 3rd I started noting some Pens pulling up rather than get hit. A 7 game series against us would not be fun for them. Letang might actually die.
That being said Crosby is one of the greatest of all time. At 35 he’s just about as good as ever and has an iron will to win. He’s chaos out there and may be this good till 40. I f***in HATE it.
Gotta respect him. He’s still the best grinder in the game.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
On Tarasenko - He's bought into what Gallant wants him to do. Still isn't shooting quite enough for my liking but that will come with time, he'll get his opportunities with his current line.

Absolute supreme effort from him all over the ice last night. Should have more votes in the poll but those votes are always going to go to people who scored or the goalie if he had a good night.
I voted for Senko also

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Gotta respect him. He’s still the best grinder in the game.
I feel like calling him a grinder, even the best one, belittles his skillset. Grinder skillset is limited to primarily strength, balance, and puck control, good hand eye for tips and good back checkers, all of which Crosby excels at of course. Though they have limited IQ and vision, otherwise they wouldn't be called a grinder. Crosby one of the smartest most skilled players in the league who also is great in the trenches. Any time the puck touches his stick in the ozone he makes something happen, insane IQ and vision, excellent shot and still has wheels. Grinders, even the best ones, don't have anything resembling that.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
The biggest downside of the spend all cap space on Kane thing is we are one injury away from Harpur playing in the playoffs (Assuming Lindgren is back) otherwise we are obviously already there.

I said this when Kane coming was thought to be off the table. Really needed a Justin Braun to come as a #7 for depth reasons.
harpur is terrible. should not be playing over jones. whole team was playing like dog shit when jones was in the lineup early in the season, so gallant probably pins the turn around with harpur playing.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Game would have been a laugher if their goalie wasn't good. Pitt, aside from their top line, don't impress anyone. Doesn't mean they can't win in the playoffs. That top line is really really good though.
If Trocheck was just a TAD bit more skilled, then KTK would be dominant and balanced, but you can't win em all.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I feel like calling him a grinder, even the best one, belittles his skillset. Grinder skillset is limited to primarily strength, balance, and puck control, good hand eye for tips and good back checkers, all of which Crosby excels at of course. Though they have limited IQ and vision, otherwise they wouldn't be called a grinder. Crosby one of the smartest most skilled players in the league who also is great in the trenches. Any time the puck touches his stick in the ozone he makes something happen, insane IQ and vision, excellent shot and still has wheels. Grinders, even the best ones, don't have anything resembling that.
Agreed. Grinder is a bit of a one dimensional description that I used. All I mean is, when he's in the offensive zone, he's able to create total chaos in so many ways. He's an absolute pest and you just can't get rid of him. I feel like I don't even understand half the things he does to keep generating offense for his line.

For some reason, even though he's been playing for nearly 2 decades, he's able to put on performances where teams still can't figure out how to neutralize him. I don't even fully understand why he's so good. He just makes magical things happen out there constantly and I hate him for it.

He just has these shifts of total dominance and knows exactly where to be positioned at all times to receive these perfect puck bounces.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Game would have been a laugher if their goalie wasn't good. Pitt, aside from their top line, don't impress anyone. Doesn't mean they can't win in the playoffs. That top line is really really good though.
If Trocheck was just a TAD bit more skilled, then KTK would be dominant and balanced, but you can't win em all.
No complaints about Trochek from me.

Perfect 2c

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Don’t count on it
Talk about overrating our prospects. I guess because he scored a bunch of goals against kids in Juniors when was 19-20 years old and like 40 pounds heavier....

Sure he can make huge strides in the next year or two and turn into a middle sixer but 100% agree with you about not counting on that to happen. A 4th liner who can maybe slot up to the 3rd as needed, is great on the boards and cycle while also being able to pot a few from the crease area sounds good to me.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ

haha tbf tarasenko was not in the poll for a while

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
should have kept the momentum and had a brisk practice today... just me though... the benefit of having a homestand.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Agreed. Grinder is a bit of a one dimensional description that I used. All I mean is, when he's in the offensive zone, he's able to create total chaos in so many ways. He's an absolute pest and you just can't get rid of him. I feel like I don't even understand half the things he does to keep generating offense for his line.

For some reason, even though he's been playing for nearly 2 decades, he's able to put on performances where teams still can't figure out how to neutralize him. I don't even fully understand why he's so good. He just makes magical things happen out there constantly and I hate him for it.

He just has these shifts of total dominance and knows exactly where to be positioned at all times to receive these perfect puck bounces.
his hockey IQ is insane, better than someone like McDavid. I can't really think of anyone else in the modern NHL who has the hockey IQ of Crosby.
Pittsburgh will go exactly as far as he can drag them in the playoffs, which could be a 1st round upset against whoever they play, but overall that team just doesn't have the depth for a cup run (and that's not Crosby's fault at all).

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Laffy will take that mantle once Crosby is gone

• Haha
Reactions: leetch99

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Motte obviously isn't going to be much of a scoring threat, but sometimes a certain type of player is more valuable on a roster that is missing something.

He would get a little lost on a team like Ottawa, Seattle or Montreal, who have a lot of that forechecking prowess. But when you identify a specific need on a team full of skill in the top 9, it almost makes him a stand out player because he's leading the way in that regard.

While its nice to have a team of grinders who can all hit and defend, its the best if you can build a group that has a little of everything.

Each skillset will begin to compliment each others and serve as an example and we are seeing that with both Vesey and Motte on this team. They arent big time bangers they just play the game right and understand their limitations and how to maximize their traits.

Finding that isnt always easy for a player and its more valuable than fans understand.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Tank plays a very physical game and has a nasty streak too...which I absolutely love about him.I had no idea he was this much of a bull.I hope we manage to resign him.Can't wait to see him in the playoffs

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Isn't that what Gretzky was guilty of?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Talk about overrating our prospects. I guess because he scored a bunch of goals against kids in Juniors when was 19-20 years old and like 40 pounds heavier....

Sure he can make huge strides in the next year or two and turn into a middle sixer but 100% agree with you about not counting on that to happen. A 4th liner who can maybe slot up to the 3rd as needed, is great on the boards and cycle while also being able to pot a few from the crease area sounds good to me.
Plugging in Cuylle, a homegrown who will add some physicality, speed and has goal scoring hands, is not to be discounted because he's not a 90pts 1st line star.

Just like we discounted Vesey to start the year.... and the most overrated Ranger ever, Motte. These players serve a purpose and play a role.

Do you see the difference with having a strong 4th line? Also the types to score GWG in tight playoff games.

Reactions: romba

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
No complaints about Trochek from me.

Perfect 2c
Don't know what the stats say about Trochek's PO experience but I believe he is a BULL deep down inside, and the PO's is where we will see a much better Tro. Opposing teams are going to be focusing on.....well, you know who.......and Trochek will be putting in, quite a few more than we may think. He's going to be on a mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln