• Chytil

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Tarasenko

Votes: 44 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's moving up the Rangers all time goal list and keeps scoring big goals for the team.

BD4C6643-C327-488A-AD6F-C3086B34B5F4.gif

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
And before that, he had an absolutely idiotic offside where he deked across the blueline.

He needs to play more straight ahead because he doesn't have enough iq to know when to pull out the fancy stuff.
Nothing fancy about that play.

Neglected to move the puck to his right where he had 2 support players. Instead tried pushing it behind the net to a waiting Sidney Crosby.

Just bad decision making

Reactions: leetch99
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Nothing fancy about that play.

Neglected to move the puck to his right where he had 2 support players. Instead tried pushing it behind the net to a waiting Sidney Crosby.

Just bad decision making
I was talking about the previous offside. He deked sideways for no rhyme or reason instead of going straight.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
The "refs are against us" is a lazy take. Honestly thought the refs did a decent job of letting us watch a playoff style game last night. Penalties could have been called on either side, its hockey, that's how it goes, you can't call every thing because the game would never end.
They're supposed to call the most egregious penalties in the playoffs, or at the very least... high sticks to the face.

One game doesn't absolve the nightly disaster of this leagues officiating. It's never the same game 2x.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The kids will continue to get better. I would love for them to do more on the scoreboard, but they're not playing too badly. If the top 6 play like they can play, then they just need to continue having more good shifts than bad ones.

Think is if the kids don’t hold their own they’ll end up the 4th line come playoff time and gallant will lean more on what he now has a real checking line in 26 21 14. And rightfully so. Depending on the game if it’s tighter or we have a lead late those guys will play more. The kids will have to score or they won’t play nearly as much come playoff time.

By the way i read today that Kreider and Mika since the power plays we’re split up are now 5th and 6th in powerplay time on ice. That’s absolutely ridiculous and cannot continue.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yes, the PP units still need to be adjusted. Kreider and Mika need to go back to PP1 with Fox. I don't really care who the other 2 are on the top PP but those 3 have to be on the top unit no matter what.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Think is if the kids don’t hold their own they’ll end up the 4th line come playoff time and gallant will lean more on what he now has a real checking line in 26 21 14. And rightfully so. Depending on the game if it’s tighter or we have a lead late those guys will play more. The kids will have to score or they won’t play nearly as much come playoff time.

By the way i read today that Kreider and Mika since the power plays we’re split up are now 5th and 6th in powerplay time on ice. That’s absolutely ridiculous and cannot continue.

I honestly think the Goodrow line is more the 3rd line. They can match up against the opponents top lines to shut them down and can also chip in some goals .

Kids line is a concern and shouldn’t break up the the other lines that are working just to get them going. We are contending now not, rebuilding. If they end up the 4th line with limited mins come playoff, so be it. They need to step it up.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I think you you misunderstood that post. I agree with you. I think the Rangers, as an organization, gets jobbed by the league on a nightly basis. Much to the chagrin of a few posters on here.

Tom thinks it’s a conspiracy theory. I think it’s a concerted effort on the league’s part that was on full display last night for the world to see…contrary to Tom’s, duh, Rangers 2 Pens 0 power play, it’s a conspiracy, derp.

How many more goals do the rangers score if just five out of the fifteen calls were made that should’ve been? Not just that, it would also mean pit likely doesn’t score their second goal and then fatigue becomes a factor. I’ve just resigned myself to view the league through the same lens as professional wrestling, weighted slightly more to unknown outcomes VS preferred.
We can play word games and throw around conspiracy theories... but if you have eyes to see...

The Pens and EDM are the winningest "non OG6 teams" with 5-6 cups each! Pens fans act like they're entitled to win every frigin year! Do you remember when Sid/Gino were the poster boys for the NHL? Marketing huh?
They called practically anything thing they could with those 2 on the ice. Their PP was literally a GA every time they were on the ice!

The POS fans of theirs boo Trouba, and their media cry foul play, but when they had "Cookie" and Larouque...
"its just hockey boyz"

It's all BS and you know it!

Betteman/NHL despise the NYR$$. They do nothing to advance the interests of the league.

Nearly every nationally televised game/playoff series is slanted/biased towards the opposing team... you can't make this up.

Reactions: NCRanger

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Lafreniere hits more than Kreider but he’s obviously watched how Kreider goes to the net. I thought the Kid line had a pretty good night actually, especially Laf, but Chytil is snake bit as far as finishing. Kakko actually looked better tonight as well. I think their slump will end soon. I feel them coming on.

Kane‘s cap hit will be minimal because he will probably be LTIR for most of the year after hip surgery. I don’t think they will need to trade a Kid. Goodrow though is probably gone. Hopefully his value will be sky high after winning yet another cup.
Chytil is trying to shoot out of his scoring slump and it’s the best approach. He keeps with it and the goals will start coming soon again.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
What ive seen in the last few games is the fourth line setting the tone of playoff hockey for the rest of the group and top 6 following suit.

Its good to see everyone slowly buying into the brand of game that will be needed to win a championship.

The kid line needs to get going. They need a goal or two to snap themselves out of it.

With Lingren back in the fold and the D pairs re-solidified and Igor slowly returning to form the timing may be right.

Well see

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Problem with Laf on the PP is he’s terrible getting the puck on the boards on zone entries. He has no shiftiness, doesn’t know yet when he can head fake/ fake a pass to get the PKers off his ass and then hold the puck, and he just can’t maintain control along the side wall under any pressure.

CK was fully engaged, but he has to be careful with his hits because he’s so damn strong. Doing it from a standstill to Letang he still sent him into next week, had he had any speed the refs would have called him for boarding. It’s why he neutered himself years ago, he kept getting majors for “too much man”.

Reactions: The Gloaming

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not a complaint about tonight's game because the defense was much better, but every freaking game the opposing goalie is making huge saves and then we have one breakdown and it's a tie game/down a goal.
Noticed that, it blaring. That was the save that Shesty made last year. or, so it seems.
It's deflating. Time and time again, we was robbed, totally dominating and I am screaming "get that 2nd goal!" We couldn't, and just KNEW they would capitalize on their ONE chance.
What did we have in shots 1st period? 9 or 10? Bet 7 or 8 were high quality.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
What ive seen in the last few games is the fourth line setting the tone of playoff hockey for the rest of the group and top 6 following suit.

Its good to see everyone slowly buying into the brand of game that will be needed to win a championship.

The kid line needs to get going. They need a goal or two to snap themselves out of it.

With Lingren back in the fold and the D pairs re-solidified and Igor slowly returning to form the timing may be right.

Well see
I think the kids gets back to cycling and causing havoc similar too the 4th line soon or at the very least, when the stakes are raised in the playoffs

Reactions: Atax

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Well see
Bingo. On all accounts. Wish Vesey would have scored at least 1, he deserved it, and has been. Tyler has been awesome even though finally scoring his 1st with us, Goody seems to be the weakest link albeit seems to be working very well as a unit.
Funny, I said it VERY early in the season that Goodrow should be on the 4th line, and "IF" that were ever to become a constant then we will be in GREAT shape. Took getting Tank and Kane for that to happen, but here we are. Great.

I really hope he (Tarasenko) stays. Also, Kane, I don't see him leaving either, being that he always wanted to play here. I don't see him leaving after having a cup of coffee with us.
One can only hope this becomes the case. Not sure how the $$ will work (probably lose Goodrow, but that's okay, but what about the near future in re-signing the kids, etc.? Oh my God, help us.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Problems I see with the kidline...

If they want to produce off the rush, the puck needs to be on Laffy's stick crossing the blueline. Kakko is very poor coming through the neutral zone with the puck on his stick. Chytil moves too fast for his brain sometimes... He'd benefit dialing it back a notch or two.

If you want to get the puck deep and go to work, Chytil can fly into the zone with the puck.

Kakko should be the first one in with the hopes of gaining possession and starting the cycle.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Another good part of this game is that minutes were spread out very nicely. GG has to continue to do this. I know circumstances don't always dictate this but keeping all the forwards under 20 min and hopefully Fox/Trouba to close to low 20's as possible will bode well for the end of season/playoff stretch.
The highest forward ice time was Panarin at 18 minutes.
Anyone noticing how solid he's been? I mean, he's really elevated his game. A game that I thought was lost forever. He's actually making some very nice offensive plays. His all around game the last 10 games seems his BEST as a Ranger. What do you guys think?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Tarasenko is a much better all around player than I ever realized
Apparently we all lost sight of how he has strengthened himself. Seemed much lankier when he came to the NHL and was pretty much all offense. Through all these years of experience and learning to do these "important/necessary things" needed to win a Cup, it has really made him even that much better. Wonder who he credits this to. Obviously someone on the Blues.

Reactions: Fitzy
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Apparently we all lost sight of how he has strengthened himself. Seemed much lankier when he came to the NHL and was pretty much all offense. Through all these years of experience and learning to do these "important/necessary things" needed to win a Cup, it has really made him even that much better. Wonder who he credits this to. Obviously someone on the Blues.
The Blues were always a tough physical team with good forward depth and an overall team commitment to defense for as long as I've been watching hockey... plus they were playing in the Western Conference during the 2010s, which was a slightly more physical conference overall at the time.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Well see
Wait the line with the overrated Tyler Motte? Who would think a guy that can skate and who is constantly in the oppositions face would help for the makings of a decent 4th line (finally).

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Tarasenko is a much better all around player than I ever realized

For sure. Better defensively and, for a 30+ goal scorer, he certainly doesn't take any shit and has no trouble dispensing it.

He looks like a guy that's really energized and wants to win another Cup.

He's the least 'Russian style' Russian star winger I've ever seen. I guess Mogilny counts too.

Ovechkin?

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It's wonderful when you know that Pens fans are complaining about the lack of calls for them. Of all the teams, they complain about not getting a PP? It's remarkable how shortsighted they are, but I guess I shouldn't expect anything less.

This 4th line is exactly what Dorsett/Carcillo-Boyle-Moore were for the 13-14 team. They all do a little of everything, nothing exceptional, but they skate, play physical, and chip in big goals. We can talk about the top 6, the rentals, the kids, but I'm prioritizing Motte as a free agent. Offer him the Vesey deal. If the cap does end up going up, you've locked in your 4th line relatively cheap (even if Goodrow is on the pricey side, Motte and Vesey would help average out that cost).

Was fantastic here last season, left, didn't really do well in Ottawa and now is back and picked up right where he was last season. I hope he has that kind of mindset that this is the place where it is working and stays, even if it is for a little less than market value.

Kreider-Trocheck-Kane has been fantastic. The kids haven't scored, but the cycle and get their chances. The Panarin-Mika-Tarasenko line is the one that needs to turn it up, and I think it is a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia