• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So looks like I missed most of a good game. Most of what I saw looked good outside of a few Crosby shifts. I gave him shit for the second goal that I thought was stoppable but while maybe not last year's Igor, this current Igor is good enough if the rest of the team plays up to their potential.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
He's starting to put in a lot of best games recently. The defensive play he made in the third was fabulous.
Love how chatty he is on the bench. Productive, hard-working, great locker room guy and listens to his coach / is eager to learn. A winner in my book. Sign me up for another season if the price is good.

Tarasenko is a much better all around player than I ever realized
More Hossa than Ovechkin.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Grow up dude.

SOG is a meaningless stat. The entire line has been struggling putting up points for a while now. Kappo had a decent game tonight. Drew a penalty and had some good passes. Cuylle is not an nhl player at the moment, especially on this squad.
Fine.

You blow real hard into your "meaningless stat" bullhorn, and I'll sit my childish butt on the floor and watch our second overall pick fail to produce a single shot on goal for six games straight and has zero goals this month.

" But he made a couple nice passes". F outta here. Yawn.

And you TELLING me that Cuylle isn't an NHL player right now means less than zero to me.

Guy needs to plays his next game with a clothes pin attached to each nut.

ANY Urgency in his DNA?

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Tarasenko didn't just have a good game on the ice, he was a leader on the bench. Very impressed with him tonight.

In general, the team did a fantastic job managing the puck and the forwards had their best defensive game of the season. There wasn't a single lazy shift the entire night. They made the right decisions continuously. These games have been a rarity this year, so hopefully they can keep playing this way. And boy when they manage the puck better and play more N/S the team plays a much faster game.

Splitting Kane and Panarin was a great move. And seeing Tarasenko play more responsibly on the line with Zibby and Panarin is making a huge difference.

Also, I know Kakko didn't score tonight, but he seemed really engaged. In general, the kid line is starting to click again. Laffy and Kakko are both moving their legs and using their size.

Also, FWIW when the forwards come back, our defensemen, even the Ben Harpurs of the world, look pretty solid. In fact, all of the bigger D look almost elite when the forwards come back because they can focus on using their size around the net and along the walls.

Kreider also had his best game of the season. Loved his game.

There literally wasn't a single NYR player who had a bad game. It was the complete opposite of many games this season where even after a win it was hard to pick 3 good players for stars of the game.

Hope they can keep it up.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Tarasenko didn't just have a good game on the ice, he was a leader on the bench. Very impressed with him tonight.

In general, the team did a fantastic job managing the puck and the forwards had their best defensive game of the season. There wasn't a single lazy shift the entire night. They made the right decisions continuously. These games have been a rarity this year, so hopefully they can keep playing this way. And boy when they manage the puck better and play more N/S the team plays a much faster game.

Splitting Kane and Panarin was a great move. And seeing Tarasenko play more responsibly on the line with Zibby and Panarin is making a huge difference.

Also, I know Kakko didn't score tonight, but he seemed really engaged. In general, the kid line is starting to click again. Laffy and Kakko are both moving their legs and using their size.

Also, FWIW when the forwards come back, our defensemen, even the Ben Harpurs of the world, look pretty solid. In fact, all of the bigger D look almost elite when the forwards come back because they can focus on using their size around the net and along the walls.

Kreider also had his best game of the season. Loved his game.

There literally wasn't a single NYR player who had a bad game. It was the complete opposite of many games this season where even after a win it was hard to pick 3 good players for stars of the game.

Hope they can keep it up.
Harpur and Kakko had noticeably bad games imo

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Every line had a good game imo. Kids could have had a goal a few different times - they were making things happen. Top 6 looked excellent all over the ice. Fourth line has been a handful for opposing teams the last few games. Once Lindgren is back theyre in a spot to do some real damage imo.

Also, he shouldn’t really be playing this much but Mikkola was good tonight despite being thrown in the deep end a bit. A lot of quick decisive plays in both ends.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Every line had a good game imo. Kids could have had a goal a few different times - they were making things happen. Top 6 looked excellent all over the ice. Fourth line has been a handful for opposing teams the last few games. Once Lindgren is back theyre in a spot to do some real damage imo.

Also, he shouldn’t really be playing this much but Mikkola was good tonight despite being thrown in the deepend a bit. A lot of quick decisive plays in both ends.
agreed on Mikkola. He wasn't running around as much. He played within himself and I thought had a hell of a game. Having F3 and F2 come back makes a huge difference.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Neither of those two will be here so it’s a pretty easy argument to make

And can we knock it off with Cuylle as if he’s not anything more than a 4th liner lol
You don't know that for sure. Nobody does.

I think Cuylle will be an excellent, cheap 4th liner with a 3rd line upside. Guy seems to be improving each season and not leveling off. And this team needs a home grown pick with some sack.

Apparently, from some media blips, Drury refused to part with him in either the Tara or Kane trade. But that's just speculation I guess.

Reactions: egelband

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Neither of those two will be here so it’s a pretty easy argument to make

And can we knock it off with Cuylle as if he’s not anything more than a 4th liner lol

There’s a very real chance one of both come back and Cuylle has played very well in Hartford and has shown he’s physically ready for the NHL.

You don't know that for sure. Nobody does.

I think Cuylle will be an excellent, cheap 4th liner with a 3rd line upside. Guy seems to be improving each season and not leveling off. And this team needs a home grown pick with some sack.

Apparently, from some media blips, Drury refused to part with him in either the Tara or Kane trade. But that's just speculation I guess.

There’s a reason the Rangers only traded picks and no prospects. Drury has shown he will wait as long as he possibly can for an asset to become useful

Reactions: egelband

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
There’s definitely a path to keeping Vlad/Kane by trading some non-NMC contracts for picks and promoting Cuylle/Othmann/Jones/Robertson
If the NYR and TML go on deep runs, the cap will go up and we will have more options. If the opposite happens, we will be forced, along with many others, to be more austere.

Othmann may force his way up but I would hope he spends a good portion of next year in the minors. I am done rushing these kids to the bigs. It's done none of them any good. All of Jones, Robertson and Cuylle have benefitted greatly from being in HFD all year. Othmann's got some things to work on to round out his game and he's gotta get bigger to play his game in the pros. So, him spending a year in HFD is exactly what should happen. Cuylle's game will likely see him in a 4th line role to start his NHL career. He may end up having to replace Goody on the 4th next year depending on cap situation.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
There’s a very real chance one of both come back and Cuylle has played very well in Hartford and has shown he’s physically ready for the NHL.

There’s a reason the Rangers only traded picks and no prospects. Drury has shown he will wait as long as he possibly can for an asset to become useful
Can't wait for a bottom six that includes Cuylle and Sykora.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Enjoyed the game.

Where the f*** are our kids tho?
Kakko drew a nice penalty, Chytil got some shots. Laf made a good play or two.

But yea, less dominant lately. They had a 15 game stretch where they were excellent. But the cycle in the offensive zone wasn’t there for enough shifts.

They weren’t bad at all. Just not generating tons of chances like before. I don’t mind every line not scoring when they aren’t giving up chances and we are winning.

Not every line is going to be hot every game. Chytil just isn’t scoring like a maniac anymore. Dude was putting in everything at one point.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think we all need to accept Kreider for what he is, and tonight was a perfect example. His speed and size since he was drafted always had us wanting more but what he is, is pretty good, he's not a MacKinnon, he's an elite net front player with speed.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
That was Tarasenkos best game
Kreider-Tro open up a lot of room for Kane. I like that line more than I thought
Kids might not have scored but they had some great shifts
4th line is absolutely buzzing right now. Thats exactly what you need in todays NHL
I like our lines, once Kakko and Chytil get back to themselves we are gonna be hard to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad