Confirmed with Link: Flash to the Ducks for 2015 3rd & Heatley

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I knew he wouldn't bring back a 2nd, after what Bergy went for.

Decent trade and what you'd expect for a guy like Flash. Heatley will probably remain in the AHL and was involved to even out contracts.

Erick*

I don't get it. I don't even like Flash either, but I just don't get the direction right now. Trade a 2nd & a 3rd for a 43-year-old Jagr who's an absolute rental until proven otherwise. I liked the deal as a win-now move.

Now they trade Flash for Heatley and a 3rd. Does not help us out at all the rest of the way. You could say Flash was going to be a UFA, but the situation is the same with Jagr.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Heatley scored 11 or 12 goals just last year....that still can help our team. Why put him in the AHL?
He's slow. Think Kopecky slow, but two or three times worse.

I don't get it. I don't even like Flash either, but I just don't get the direction right now. Trade a 2nd & a 3rd for a 43-year-old Jagr who's an absolute rental until proven otherwise. I liked the deal as a win-now move.

Now they trade Flash for Heatley and a 3rd. Does not help us out at all the rest of the way. You could say Flash was going to be a UFA, but the situation is the same with Jagr.
With Pirri coming back, it's not a big loss. Someone would have been in the pressbox anyway and Wilson has earned a spot on the 4th line.

Panthers607

I don't understand, why are we selling off players who contribute?
Has to be another move coming I reckon.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Heatley is going to San Antonio...will be shocked if he ever puts on a Panthers jersey. We get a 3rd back we lost in Jagr trade. Fine with me.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Heatley scored 11 or 12 goals just last year....that still can help our team. Why put him in the AHL?

Heatley isn't an NHL player anymore. He just doesn't seem to have the legs for it anymore, and it keeps him from being mobile and from being strong on the boards.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Heatley is going to San Antonio...will be shocked if he ever puts on a Panthers jersey. We get a 3rd back we lost in Jagr trade. Fine with me.

Agreed, after thinking of it the important thing is that it opens up a spot for Brandon Pirri.

Next up should be Kopy...If anyone wants him :laugh: Wilson should stay in there.

And we dumped 3.5 million of salary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad