Confirmed with Link: Flash to the Ducks for 2015 3rd & Heatley

Erick*

A week ago:

"Please trade Flash, Kopecky, Upshall, etc!"

Today:

"WHAT WE TRADED FLASH?!"

Personally, I would've been fine if those guys lasted the year.
After trading picks for Jagr (picks that were better than the ones we're getting by the way), I was excited to see we were buying.

Trading Flash for a 3rd does not help us this year. Flash is not a difference maker at this point in his career, but he was actually still one of our better players. Over the past month or so, he had really turned it around. Of the upcoming UFA's, he was actually the one playing the best hockey.

Basically, we get Jagr & a 3rd for Flash, a 2nd, & a 3rd. If we include Bergenheim in this, we get Jagr & two 3rd for Flash, a 2nd & a 3rd. How did we get better this year? :help: And the Jagr move was clearly a short-term move whether Tallon believes it or not. He's not signed after this year so he was making a move to improve this year. But now he makes a move that does not improve us this year. There is no direction with these swaps right now.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
It kinda feels like Tallon doesn't know what he wants to do. Getting Jagr seemed like a buyers move. Trading flash for a pick seems like a sellers move. Keeping dumb and dumber in Upshall and Kopecky over Flash makes little sense.

Is anyone looking to trade for Upshall and Kopecky though?

Everyone wants Pirri and Trocheck in the lineup full time. Here you go. Plus Jagr.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
It kinda feels like Tallon doesn't know what he wants to do. Getting Jagr seemed like a buyers move. Trading flash for a pick seems like a sellers move. Keeping dumb and dumber in Upshall and Kopecky over Flash makes little sense.

Cause nobody wants those guys. Haha

-ghoste

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

1. No team wants Upshall or Kopy as easy as that.

2. mehh cant think of another reason.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Personally, I would've been fine if those guys lasted the year.
After trading picks for Jagr (picks that were better than the ones we're getting by the way), I was excited to see we were buying.

Trading Flash for a 3rd does not help us this year. Flash is not a difference maker at this point in his career, but he was actually still one of our better players. Over the past month or so, he had really turned it around. Of the upcoming UFA's, he was actually the one playing the best hockey.

Basically, we get Jagr & a 3rd for Flash, a 2nd, & a 3rd. If we include Bergenheim in this, we get Jagr & two 3rd for Flash, a 2nd & a 3rd. How did we get better this year? :help: And the Jagr move was clearly a short-term move whether Tallon believes it or not. He's not signed after this year so he was making a move to improve this year. But now he makes a move that does not improve us this year. There is no direction with these swaps right now.

I disagree. Pirri and Trocheck now have full time spots in the lineup. They are both better than Flash at this point.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Bergenheim, Fleischmann, a 2nd, a 7th for Jagr, Heatley and a 3rd

Did I miss anything?

Yeah Florida also traded a 3rd for Jagr.

Upshall and Kopy are unmovable.

Erick*

Is anyone looking to trade for Upshall and Kopecky though?

Everyone wants Pirri and Trocheck in the lineup full time. Here you go. Plus Jagr.

Why not just let go of Kopecky who doesn't even look like an NHL player anymore? Just let him go for nothing if need be.

Could've had Jagr/Pirri/Trocheck & Flash all in the same lineup. Flash was playing pretty well over the past month or so and clearly has more scoring touch than Upshall and Kopecky who both kinda suck.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014

i don't think so. we have plenty of young guys who's at the same level as flash and he needs to free up roster spots.
kopecky will be gone also but i think he's gonna keep upshall til the end of the season. we can't give up all out grinders/energy guys

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
As others already pointed out above, there's a bigger market for Flash who can play even on the top6 if needed, than 4th line fodder like Upshall/Kopecky.

Also consider now that Pirri is back, Flash would have been bumped to the 4th line. I'd rather have Upshall playing those minutes and get a pick for trading Flash. The depth effect we'd get from having Flash on the 4th line is minimal.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
He's a deer in front of headlights right now.

tx7S22K.jpg

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
As others already pointed out above, there's a bigger market for Flash who can play even on the top6 if needed, than 4th line fodder like Upshall/Kopecky.

Also consider now that Pirri is back, Flash would have been bumped to the 4th line. I'd rather have Upshall playing those minutes and get a pick for trading Flash. The depth effect we'd get from having Flash on the 4th line is minimal.

+ 1.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

Also consider now that Pirri is back, Flash would have been bumped to the 4th line. I'd rather have Upshall playing those minutes and get a pick for trading Flash.

Good point. Flash on 4th line would be useless, and people would be calling for Gallant's head if he put Tro or Pirri there either.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
if he plays any games for us, tallon should be fired. He's not an nhl player anymore. he is slow and terrible. He's slower than Kopecky.

Trading Flash doesn't make sense. Get rid of upshall or kopecky first. We sent off quality depth for nothing.

Somebody actually has to want them first.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Where's that 2nd some of you were so sure we'd get? We only got a 3rd if we took Heatley back

Please people. Hold your horses. This is not the Heatley from 10 years ago. Hopefully he never sees Panthers

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
i don't think so. we have plenty of young guys who's at the same level as flash and he needs to free up roster spots.
kopecky will be gone also but i think he's gonna keep upshall til the end of the season. we can't give up all out grinders/energy guys

We don't really have plenty of young guys who are the same level as Flash. Flash was very good defensively. He lead the team in +/-. People will get hurt and he's quality depth.

Erick*

I disagree. Pirri and Trocheck now have full time spots in the lineup. They are both better than Flash at this point.

They would've had full-time spots in the lineup regardless. Could've let go of Kopecky/Upshall/other bums for nothing, and it wouldn't have made a difference. Fleischmann was playing his best hockey of the season. The timing of the trade is weird. A 3rd round pick does nothing for us at this point. It seems like the move was made to replace the 3rd we gave away for Jagr, which is dumb. Heatley is an irrelevant piece obviously.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Some guy's are giving Flash way too much credit and severely over valuing him. He's never worth anything more than a 3rd and a minor leaguer. And the only reason we got Heater is because of the 1mil to help Anaheim.

Then again I also feel Tallon is up to something come Mondays deadline.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Some guy's are giving Flash way too much credit and severely over valuing him. He's never worth anything more than a 3rd and a minor leaguer. And the only reason we got Heater is because of the 1mil to help Anaheim.

Then again I also feel Tallon is up to something come Mondays deadline.

You're right on.

Erick*

Somebody actually has to want them first.

No, not really. If nobody wants them, just let them go and replace them on the 4th line. Kopecky, in particular, does nothing for this team. Flash, at least, is still an NHL player capable of helping us get to the playoffs this year.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Flash will score more points in the remaining 20+ games than Jagr and Heatley combined

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad