Confirmed with Link: Flash to the Ducks for 2015 3rd & Heatley

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
maybe he's actually really trying to he lp SA too? heatley is still a really good guy to keep around SA i think

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I think that all of the moves were simply to open roster spots and get some picks in return. Flash was not getting us a 2nd round pick based upon his body of work in the last 3 years, he has a 4.5 cap hit, and he is a UFA. My first thought on giving up a second on Jagr was overpayment, but watching him with Hubey yesterday and the smile on Jagr's face at the presser makes me think this is a good move, not great, but good.

The Bergy trade annoyed me because I really like him for this team, but he wanted out so you get what you can for him when the league GMs knew we were jammed based upon what GG and the agent said publicly.

In the end we opened up spots for the kids when we moved mediocre at best UFAs and we got something for them at least.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Hey, Ducks fan coming in peace. I hope you guys will make the playoffs, always has had a sweet spot for you guys. I think Jagr move was big part to get some veteran/legend leadership for your young guys - it can go a long way.

Anyway, i came here to ask on your report on Flash. You have seen him way more than i have - what can you say about him?

This is a good article on him:

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/02/flash-a-ah-case-tomas-fleischmann-florida-panthers/

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Bring him up if he's healthy. We need scoring and we have nothing to lose at the moment as we're not in a playoff spot. Maybe he can produce on the powerplay by some miracle.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Bring him up if he's healthy. We need scoring and we have nothing to lose at the moment as we're not in a playoff spot. Maybe he can produce on the powerplay by some miracle.

No way! Heatley is a guy who Shoudnt be on an NHL team anymore!

mbitonti

Sep 30, 2013

I agree, why not stick him with Mac and Upshall on the fourth line for a few games and try it out? He can't be worse than Kopy or Thornton

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Heatley is done as an NHL player, no point in giving him a chance. He had his chance with a western powerhouse and his numbers in the AHL are awful for a supposed scoring winger.

Panthers607

Heatley is done as an NHL player, no point in giving him a chance. He had his chance with a western powerhouse and his numbers in the AHL are awful for a supposed scoring winger.

Agree. I'd be disgusted to see him in red even once. He's done.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
He has to produce in the A first. Then beat out Rocco, Wilson, Brickley etc etc.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Dany Heatley is 34, a 4 time all star, twice a 50g scorer, twice more damn close to it. He wasn't a one hit wonder.

Sometimes, all someone needs is to get their mojo back. I think given a lead role here, with Jaromir Jagr, he could find it again.

#FREEHEATLEY

Last edited:

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
Dany Heatley is 34, a 4 time all star, twice a 50g scorer, twice more damn close to it. He wasn't a one hit wonder.

Sometimes, all someone needs is to get their mojo back. I think given a lead role here, with Jaromir Jagr, he could find it again.

#FREEHEATLEY

Nah, the dude is done. Minny tried it, Anaheim tried it. He just doesn't have it anymore.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

#FREEHEATLEY
Minnesota didn't play him on the 4th line for jokes and it wasn't because they had players with better career records to play over him.

He's fallen that far. We went through this former star thing already with Kovalev, it won't work. When they're done, they're done. They don't just magically regain their former glory days.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Anyine wanting Heatley with the panthers needs to picture the drop off In jovo... now times that by 2 and that's heatley... that's how bad he's gotten... he can barely play ahl at this point and belongs nowhere near an nhl team

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

Well a groin injury certainly didn't help him in that situation. That's why I said "if he's healthy" bring him up. We got nothing to lose and if by some miracle he has a hot stick for a few games could make a difference. Look at the past few weeks, we can't buy a goal most of the time. We have two shooters in the lineup. Outside of Pirri and Bjugstad, no one on this team has a threatening shot. We have 20 games left to score some goals and win or this year was another waste of time.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Well a groin injury certainly didn't help him in that situation.

When he signed in Minny I remember him telling reporters how he was in better shape than in years and how he had lost weight to be faster etc... and he was just awful, barely a bottom six guy. Couldn't skate or score.

This guy is done. Like Jovo last year but even more so.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Minnesota didn't play him on the 4th line for jokes and it wasn't because they had players with better career records to play over him.

He's fallen that far. We went through this former star thing already with Kovalev, it won't work. When they're done, they're done. They don't just magically regain their former glory days.

Don't get me started on the dip **** coaching with the 40 year old Kovy with a bad knee.

It is not a similar situation. Don't take shots at 27 without my being able to call you various names of the not nice variety.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Scott Gomez has in Jersey, at 35. You just never know. at least he has playoff experience.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach

I wonder though how much of that is due to his groing injury and not having healed completely though... Not saying he will return to his 50-goal form but he has been putrid this year and I can only guess it may be due to that lingering groing injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad