Confirmed with Link: Flash to the Ducks for 2015 3rd & Heatley

Erick*

He's slow. Think Kopecky slow, but two or three times worse.

With Pirri coming back, it's not a big loss. Someone would have been in the pressbox anyway and Wilson has earned a spot on the 4th line.

They could've traded Kopecky for a bag of pucks then. Would've made more sense. Flash was still contributing at least.

It wouldn't surprise me if RainingRats was right the other day. If, hypothetically speaking, this team has a bad weekend, it wouldn't surprise me now if Jagr got traded again before Monday.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Flash is playing well. We're a better team with him in the lineup. Heatley isn't even an NHL player anymore. I guess this is to free up a roster spot but it seems like our team is worse today without Flash. We should keep quality depth. People get hurt.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't understand, why are we selling off players who contribute?
Has to be another move coming I reckon.
Pirri is returning to the line-up, he essentially replaces Flash. Wilson has earned a spot on the 4th line, so it makes no sense to bump Flash to the 4th line just because Pirri is coming back.

Agreed, after thinking of it the important thing is that it opens up a spot for Brandon Pirri.

Next up should be Kopy...If anyone wants him :laugh: Wilson should stay in there.

And we dumped 3.5 million of salary
Agreed, I wouldn't be that surprised if he ended up on waivers if Tallon can't find anyone to take him.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
heatley will most likely not play a single game for us. we got a 3rd + a ahl forward with tons of experience. cool

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Heatley had his best last chance with Getzlaf and Perry. He's done. I don't get this. A late 3rd was the best we could do?

Not sure why peeps are surprised that Bergy and Flash 'only' fetched 3rd round picks. I like these guys but realistically, they are only having average years. Not to mention they're UFA, etc.

If it was the Flash from 2011-12 then yeah sure, he gets us a 2nd rounder.

-ghoste

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Flash has been playing solid recently and would help the team down the stretch but I understand he was expendable with Jagr, Pirri, and Wilson in the lineup.
Getting a 3rd is alright although it's going to be a late one.
I guess we had to take Heatley to free up money and a contract for the Ducks. He ain't crackin' the Panthers roster anytime soon:
Heatley, 34, was held pointless in six games with the Ducks this season and has scored two goals and five assists in 25 games with the American Hockey League's Norfolk Admirals.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
hahaha so i searched dany heatley on youtube, and one of the first videos was one in the picture. look at the upload date of the video and then.. LOOK AT THE UPLOADER'S USERNAME!!!!
kyTep0N.png

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Best of luck to Flash. Always liked him. At least he'll be playing in the playoffs for sure.

Pirri at least has a spot in the lineup.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Do not understand Tallon right now.

The Jagr trade shows we are going for it but trading Flash for a 3rd rounder? Is that even worth it? And its Anaheim so its a late 3rd rounder.

I do not get it.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Florida trades Flash = :dunno:

in exchange for a 2015 3rd pick = :nod:

annnnd former "effing 50 goal all star and boat loads of character" Dany Heatley = :(

As Soupy said, he was to balance the $ but I don't think he will be playing too many games as a Panther. Maybe 2-3 to see if he's still somewhat sane and functional.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Flash has been playing solid recently and would help the team down the stretch but I understand he was expendable with Jagr, Pirri, and Wilson in the lineup.
Getting a 3rd is alright although it's going to be a late one.
I guess we had to take Heatley to free up money and a contract for the Ducks. He ain't crackin' the Panthers roster anytime soon:

Apparently he was already assigned to SA - Dont know if there is any need though since he was in the AHL before

Erick*

Do not understand Tallon right now.

The Jagr trade shows we are going for it but trading Flash for a 3rd rounder? Is that even worth it? And its Anaheim so its a late 3rd rounder.

I do not get it.

This. What's the point?

It's looking like the Jagr move was a PR move.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Florida trades Flash = :)

in exchange for a 2015 3rd pick = :nod:

annnnd former "effing 50 goal all star and boat loads of character" Dany Heatley = :(

As Soupy said, he was to balance the $ but I don't think he will be playing too many games as a Panther. Maybe 2-3 to see if he's still somewhat sane and functional.
if he plays any games for us, tallon should be fired. He's not an nhl player anymore. he is slow and terrible. He's slower than Kopecky.

Trading Flash doesn't make sense. Get rid of upshall or kopecky first. We sent off quality depth for nothing.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014

i don't think so. straight to the ahl to help our young guys out there. he's mediocre, even by ahl-standards by now.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
if he plays any games for us, tallon should be fired. He's not an nhl player anymore. he is slow and terrible. He's slower than Kopecky.

Trading Flash doesn't make sense. Get rid of upshall or kopecky first. We sent off quality depth for nothing.

It's been confirmed that Heatley is going to San Antonio. Pirri is back in the lineup

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
It kinda feels like Tallon doesn't know what he wants to do. Getting Jagr seemed like a buyers move. Trading flash for a pick seems like a sellers move. Keeping dumb and dumber in Upshall and Kopecky over Flash makes little sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad