Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What a **** game lmao

Burn this tape, just move onto the next one
I disagree. I think if we play this game over 20 times the same way, we win almost all of them. Like I said before, I can't remember a game where we so consistently created and wasted quality chances.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Goalies lost the game for the Flames, well at least the Sharks won the goalie battle....cant win them all

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Sure didn't look/feel like a 5-2 game. Flames were the better team, sucks that a minute and a half stretch or so of just bad goaltending pretty much did them in. Just one of those games where the puck just did not want to bounce the Flames way whatsoever. Not worried. Bounce back next game.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Honestly just wasn't our night, a real **** 1:25 giving up 3 goals is s***y but we had no puck luck and Jones literally stood on his head.
Let's hope we can get back in the win column Saturday.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
how dare you fight over the top stupidity with logic!

Yeah, I really just can't help it right now. 3 goals on 24 shots, taking a penalty in the final 10 minutes because of his puckhandling, and that f***ing flippity flop again. I'm sure it was god's fault though and he played fine. :laugh: Let's see if he comes back and replies to this.

Knew it when he got send in it was over. He shouldn't have gone in that quickly and he did about as well as you'd expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: No Draft

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Jones made some nice saves, but even more than that, we just missed chances. Posts and defencemen were our primary targets tonight.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, I really just can't help it right now. 3 goals on 24 shots, taking a penalty in the final 10 minutes because of his puckhandling, and that ****ing flippity flop again. I'm sure it was god's fault though and he played fine. :laugh:

Knew it when he got send in it was over. He shouldn't have gone in that quickly and he did about as well as you'd expect.

f*** the puck handling skill

It's a nightmare instead of an advantage

Reactions: super6646

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Jones made some nice saves, but even more than that, we just missed chances. Posts and defencemen were our primary targets tonight.
Yup. How many times have we had a wide open net but we either muffed up the shot or chose to hit the D?

It just didn't feel like going in tonight.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yup. How many times have we had a wide open net but we either muffed up the shot or chose to hit the D?

It just didn't feel like going in tonight.
We had that one play where the puck was behind Jones sitting in the crease, and Tkachuk and Monahan both right there, and we didn't score.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Hamonic shouldn't have played. He looked off from the beginning, and now he could be out long term. Don't feel comfortable at all giving him an extension over Brodie as he ages. He's a warrior, but the injuries are piling up. Prout was also awful despite what the eye test says, and andersson carried the play big time.

Monahan and Tkachuk have to wake up. Lindy and Gaudreau were just unlucky, but they've done f*** all as of late, especially tkachuk. He hasn't looked well at all and shouldn't be on his way to a 9 million dollar extension. I can't remember the last time he produced at even strength tbh. I'd bridge him and ask him to prove it, because I doubt his production from early in the year was sustainable.

And please peters, don't give Rittich the yank that quickly because of a few breakdowns. Call a timeout and calm things down. We were in it, and then fell apart afterwards because smith isn't an nhl caliber goalie. He did the bare minimum and it wasn't enough. If anyone on this board believes otherwise, that's great. Oh well, hopefully lesson learned.

Last edited:
Reactions: joescores

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I feel like everytime we scratch a good player playing well for size or grit we lose or make it way dicier than it needs to be.

I keep coming back to this idea. Call it the butterfly effect or call it "cannibalizing your team's offensive skill" but I don't think you win many games when there is too much pregame focus on the extracirriculars. I don't blame Prout but I feel like these kind of games you win with the guys that got you there. Our record with Kylington is great and he had points in four of the last eight games and might have been our best player against the Hurricanes.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I keep coming back to this idea. Call it the butterfly effect or call it "cannibalizing your team's offensive skill" but I don't think you win many games when there is too much pregame focus on the extracirriculars. I don't blame Prout but I feel like these kind of games you win with the guys that got you there. Our record with Kylington is great and he had points in four of the last eight games and might have been our best player against the Hurricanes.

People here know better lol. I've said time and time again and yet still we need toughness? Guess what, it did f*** all when Monahan got cross checked and hamonic got his ass handed at the end. Play with skill and speed, and we win 90% of the time. When we played Edmonton with Peluso, it did nothing. When we had skill, we won handily.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
What's with all the super arrogant Sharks fans all of a sudden. Looking like Oilers fans when they have any success. Don't want that. Still mad about the Bennett hit I guess, but geez.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What's with all the super arrogant Sharks fans all of a sudden. Looking like Oilers fans when they have any success. Don't want that. Still mad about the Bennett hit I guess, but geez.
It's not really all of a sudden. You should've seen the shit after the last game against them. Even when they were losing they were arrogant.

Reactions: JurassicTunga

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Someone said it before, but this season might be one of their last kicks at the can with their aging core. Let them have it. They scare no one in the postseason

Reactions: JurassicTunga

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Going cupless for your entire existence has that effect on people. I actually don't really mind the Sharks, love me some Burns and Thornton, but their fans are going to make them getting their teeth kicked in by Vegas a little extra sweet.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
What an idiotic decision to stick that hole in net in the first. Allow your A goalie to recover Peters. Your persisting love for that joke is truly suspicious...

Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
What an idiotic decision to stick that hole in net in the first. Allow your A goalie to recover Peters. Your persisting love for that joke is truly suspicious...

He's utter garbage. Don't know how this guy has people defending him, he flopped like a braindead fish on that final goal. Didn't like the rebound on the 4th one either. But I guess that's stupid talk for using facts...

Reactions: No Draft

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
He's utter garbage. Don't know how this guy has people defending him, he flopped like a braindead fish on that final goal. Didn't like the rebound on the 4th one either. But I guess that's stupid talk for using facts...
Don't worry about people's opinion. I am not liked in here cause I say what I see and actually have been presenting my honest opinion the whole season. Notable mention goes to the Hole and that 6 mil clown. Good to see I am not alone with a good pair of eyes. Cheers. Off to bed now- 05:20 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad