GDT: Flams (34-14-5) vs Shorks (31-16-7) - Feb 7 | 7PM MST | SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
I was at the game last night. Those were 2 brutal goals by Rittich. The Flames didn't help him or Smith out either during stretches when they seemed flat. Overall the Flames did play well. They had 4 really good chances to score on Jones. Jones stood on his head throughout the game and he got some lucky bounces too.
The Flames will bounce back against Vancouver on Saturday.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hamonic practicing today... what a ****ing warrior.

Jesus. Somebody get this guy some potent health cure and a spa day. He looked hurt last game, almost like he was doped up with painkillers or something. Would much rather shelf him for a week or two for the final push rather than risk a reinjury or whatever. Bring up Valimaki or something. Or raise Stone from the dead to be our bottom pairing Frankenstein.

Or just play Kylington...

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I saw Sam Bennett lay 1 decent hit last night, Tkachuk was very quiet, Neal in classic Neal form did nothing...These 3 need to show up for games like this and bury guys like Kane every chance they get. I love this team this year, I haven't been this excited for the flames since I was 5. However, we need to play harder and I hope we bring in another **** disturber somehow. You shouldn't lose games like this without taking a pound of flesh.

Ironically the Flames need Evander Kane. I was beating this drum so bad last year and was blasted for it. The guy can flat out fly, he bangs, he instigates and he’s can score. Well that’ll never happen now, instead we ended up with Neal.

If the Flames want to get the next best thing, they’ll get Simmonds.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Ironically the Flames need Evander Kane. I was beating this drum so bad last year and was blasted for it. The guy can flat out fly, he bangs, he instigates and he’s can score. Well that’ll never happen now, instead we ended up with Neal.

If the Flames want to get the next best thing, they’ll get Simmonds.

Evander Kane is much better than Neal at this point in their careers but he signed with SJS before hitting free agency so it wasnt really an option.

I guess they could have traded for him but no guarantee he signs here. I remember him saying that SJ let him be himself more than any other team and that Califronia is the least racist place he has played since Atlanta (in more polite terms). Anyways I agree he is a good player but no guarentee that works out for the Flames

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Evander Kane is much better than Neal at this point in their careers but he signed with SJS before hitting free agency so it wasnt really an option.

I guess they could have traded for him but no guarantee he signs here. I remember him saying that SJ let him be himself more than any other team and that Califronia is the least racist place he has played since Atlanta (in more polite terms). Anyways I agree he is a good player but no guarentee that works out for the Flames

I agree that SJ is a unique place and actually almost a perfect fit for Kane. But Calgary’s all time franchise leader was a coloured player and he’s probably the most beloved athlete in the history of this city.

Kane makes 1.25 more than Neal, that would have been an amazing trade for the Flames had we acquired him and locked him up. There’s no guarantees, but it’s hard to imagine seeing why he wouldn’t have signed here long term. It’s to late now obviously, but if I had to think of one player that Calgary could use more than anyone in the league it would likely be Kane, or perhaps Tom Wilson. Although looking back now, Kane probably would have cost us Kylington.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I wanted them to trade for him, but they didn't have a first rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad