Series Talk: ECQF: Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (FLA leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Lightning in 4

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Lightning in 5

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Lightning in 6

Votes: 71 10.7%
  • Lightning in 7

Votes: 133 20.1%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 27 4.1%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 89 13.4%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 204 30.8%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 122 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Tampa will go by the way of Chicago, LA, Pitt as a multiple cup winner then zero playoff round wins since their last cup. Out of the teams that I mentioned, since their respective cup runs, there has only been one playoff round win, that was Pitt. Tampa won’t be the exception.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Tampa will go by the way of Chicago, LA, Pitt as a multiple cup winner then zero playoff round wins since their last cup. Out of the teams that I mentioned, since their respective cup runs, there has only been one playoff round win, that was Pitt. Tampa won’t be the exception.
Tbf tampa made the finals after their b2b cups

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I mean we could get a Bedard in the later rounds. Never said it had to be a first overall pick.

Too late, your fate is sealed.
Cool. Talk to your scouts. Jeannot kind of crippled them a bit, but, it could happen.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Cool. Talk to your scouts. Jeannot kind of crippled them a bit, but, it could happen.
I don't think you're prepared for whats coming.

E4LuatX.png

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
Florida looks great, there's no denying it. At this point it's hard to see them not winning the Atlantic, and they should be the favorites to come out of the East.

As for the Lightning, well, that team looks done, and a good part of the blame should lie with the top forwards (though granted, that team relies too much on them). Kucherov has been putrid, Point not much better. Stamkos is trying hard, but he's not the player he once was. Hagel has been bad too but he's paid so little compared to his general performance that it's hard to rag on him too much.

But part of that is just normal post-Cup cap depletion. No shame in it; it's inevitable. The more interesting thing is to watch what happens this off-season. That team desperately needs a top-4 Dman, but I'm not sure how they can get one without letting Stamkos go, and I think they still need Stamkos to some extent. Curious to see how it unfolds.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
When do we get a Bedard?
Gavin McKenna is the next closest thing. If only Tampa didn't mortgage their picks.

I'm gonna die of laughter if Nashville wins the lottery because of that Tanner Jeannot trade and they end up with McKenna. That would be the most hilarious thing in the history of the sport.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Gavin McKenna is the next closest thing. If only Tampa didn't mortgage their picks.

I'm gonna die of laughter if Nashville wins the lottery because of that Tanner Jeannot trade and they end up with McKenna. That would be the most hilarious thing in the history of the sport.
Whatever floats your boat.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
End of an era for TB. Pretty shocked at how lopsided this series has been, TB looked like a scary team the last couple of months. Florida is a wagon though, don't see anyone beating them in the East.

Reactions: MaWa and Laus723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad