GDT: Flams (34-14-5) vs Shorks (31-16-7) - Feb 7 | 7PM MST | SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, I really just can't help it right now. 3 goals on 24 shots, taking a penalty in the final 10 minutes because of his puckhandling, and that ****ing flippity flop again. I'm sure it was god's fault though and he played fine. :laugh: Let's see if he comes back and replies to this.

Knew it when he got send in it was over. He shouldn't have gone in that quickly and he did about as well as you'd expect.
Look at this.... None of the goals against Smith were really on him, yet here you are shitting all over him like it's his fault... yet nothing about Rittich who was at fault on both goals he was in for.

Perhaps if you picked your spots more carefully, people would actually take you seriously. But, no, you complain about literally everything he does.

You really need to get over this obsession you have for putting down Smith, frankly it's unhealthy.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Look at this.... None of the goals against Smith were really on him, yet here you are ****ting all over him like it's his fault... yet nothing about Rittich who was at fault on both goals he was in for.

Perhaps if you picked your spots more carefully, people would actually take you seriously. But, no, you complain about literally everything he does.

You really need to get over this obsession you have for putting down Smith, frankly it's unhealthy.

Did you watch the final goal? He flopped to one side and left half the net exposed. There was no chance he would get across to save that because of his positioning. Your right, I cannot stand watching him anymore because he's a technical mess that consistently does a poor job regardless of the circumstances. If you think goals 4 and 5 were not his fault, I don't what so say.

And what the hell is with you constantly downplaying Rittich? You go on and on about being worried about his regression and how we need smith to get on track, even though he's been a mile ahead and won 10 straight coming into tonight! Yeah, Rittich f***ed up once, maybe don't pull him because the team had a few breakdowns and we're overall playing well. But the point is that I was right about this one, while you believe this broken mess of a player is still salvageable. I would like to see what the result is at the end of the year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Did you watch the final goal? He flopped to one side and left half the net exposed. There was no chance he would get across to save that because of his positioning. Seriously, I cannot stand watching him anymore because he's a technical mess that consistently does a poor job regardless of the circumstances. If you think goals 4 and 5 were not his fault, I don't what so say.

And what the hell is with you constantly downplaying Rittich? You go on and on about being worried about his regression and how we need smith to get on track, even though he's been a mile ahead and won 10 straight coming into tonight! Yeah, Rittich ****ed up once, maybe don't pull him because the team had a few breakdowns and we're going strong. But the point is that I was right about this one, while you believe this broken mess is still salvageable. I would like to see what the result is at the end of the year.
Where did I downplay Rittich?

He let in a soft goal on the first one and gave the puck away on the seconds . Those are called FACTS. The fact you are absolving him of any wrongdoing on one of the goals and blaming Smith for the loss is exactly what myself and others are pointing out.

I have no problem with Rittich whatsoever. Am I concerned that's he is allowing close to 3 goals per game since Christmas? Yes, as should everyone else. But I'm not sitting here picking apart every f***ing play just to insult him like you do with Smith. Rittich is our starter and he's earned it, but if you are goping to pick apart Smith's game, you should at least have the integrity to do the same with Rittich.

You bitch and whine about Smith handling the puck, but Rittich has cost us more goals handling the puck than Smith has. You bitch and whine about Smith "flopping" literally something the guy has done for a decade and a half in the NHL, but not a f***ing peep when Rittich is caught out of position.

You claim I constantly downplay Rittich, but I don't. I call you out on your double standard. Unfortunately your blind love for Rittich is part of the problem so he has to be brought up when calling you out on your bullshit.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Where did I downplay Rittich?

He let in a soft goal on the first one and gave the puck away on the seconds . Those are called FACTS. The fact you are absolving him of any wrongdoing on one of the goals and blaming Smith for the loss is exactly what myself and others are pointing out.

I have no problem with Rittich whatsoever. Am I concerned that's he is allowing close to 3 goals per game since Christmas? Yes, as should everyone else. But I'm not sitting here picking apart every ****ing play just to insult him like you do with Smith. Rittich is our starter and he's earned it, but if you are goping to pick apart Smith's game, you should at least have the integrity to do the same with Rittich.

You ***** and whine about Smith handling the puck, but Rittich has cost us more goals handling the puck than Smith has. You ***** and whine about Smith "flopping" literally something the guy has done for a decade and a half in the NHL, but not a ****ing peep when Rittich is caught out of position.

You claim I constantly downplay Rittich, but I don't. I call you out on your double standard. Unfortunately your blind love for Rittich is part of the problem so he has to be brought up when calling you out on your bull****.

No, I understand Rittich has fallen to earth and needs more support because he shouldn't be expected to shoulder this much responsibility. He was bad tonight, but who do you think is teaching him to overhandle the puck? Hmmm.... and who almost allowed a goal only to be bailed out by the post? Hmmmm...

Face it, your love buddy smith has been shit this year and isn't the solution. Look at his gsaa, he's almost dead last. Fact! I don't care about someone who throws his team under the bus because he's washed up. I'm tired of his character and will not miss him one bit considering the majority of tenure here has been terrible at this point. He's a f***ing asshat on the ice, and his performance hasn't matched his ego. Virtually any decent backup will do, and if your so worried about the "chemistry", he can be the f***ing cheerleader in the pressbox

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No, I understand Rittich has fallen to earth and needs more support because he shouldn't be expected to shoulder this much responsibility. He was bad tonight, but who do you think is teaching him to overhandle the puck? Hmmm.... and who almost allowed a goal only to be bailed out by the post? Hmmmm...

Face it, your love buddy smith has been **** this year and isn't the solution. Look at his gsaa, he's almost dead last. Fact! I don't care about someone who throws his team under the bus because he's washed up. I'm tired of his character and will not miss him one bit considering the majority of tenure here has been terrible at this point. He's a ****ing asshat on the ice, and his performance hasn't matched his ego. Virtually any decent backup will do, and if your so worried about the "chemistry", he can be the ****ing cheerleader in the pressbox
You clearly don't know a f***ing thing about his character. When did he ever throw his team under the bus? And I mean legitimately, not your obsessed narrative. You ignore the fact that he is happy for, supporting and mentoring Rittich after losing his job to him; how the f*** can you say that is not good character? Frankly, the fact you are shitting on his character, just tells me you are completely unreasonable, your bias is ridiculously overblown and your blind hatred will stop you from ever being taken seriously.

Kris Versteeg was a Flame, a man I know personally and hate with a passion and you treat Smith 100x worse than I did Versteeg during his time here, think about that for a minutes.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You clearly don't know a ****ing thing about his character. When did he ever throw his team under the bus? And I mean legitimately, not your obsessed narrative. You ignore the fact that he is happy for, supporting and mentoring Rittich after losing his job to him; how the **** can you say that is not good character? Frankly, the fact you are ****ting on his character, just tells me you are completely unreasonable, your bias is ridiculously overblown and your blind hatred will stop you from ever being taken seriously.

Kris Versteeg was a Flame, a man I know personally and hate with a passion and you treat Smith 100x worse than I did Versteeg during his time here, think about that for a minutes.

Watch his post gamers, he doesn't take responsibility for his performance ever and deflects on the team. I don't respect his on-ice character, and his crappy performance means it's not excusable in my eyes. He can be whatever as a mentor, and yeah, I think he's a great guy off the ice, but I can't stand him anymore on the ice. He's not good enough, and I'm sure every person on this board knows it at this point.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Smith's a beauty, love him. he's a warrior. always battles his hardest no matter what.
What is his battle field? Because it clearly isn't the net area. Unless you are fishing and I clearly didn't get your sarcasm.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Two very bad goals that don't happen 99% of the time sunk us.. That and Jones was playing lights out. It's not like San Jose dictated the play, so there's something good to take away from it.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Jones picks this game to not be horrible. He was phenomenal.
Kane is good vs Cgy every time.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I disagree. I think if we play this game over 20 times the same way, we win almost all of them. Like I said before, I can't remember a game where we so consistently created and wasted quality chances.

Play that exact game 100 times and the Flames win 90% of them

Morning guys. You're absolutely right. I was pretty annoyed with the game in general last night, specifically the result, but you're right. The Flames controlled things for about 95% of that game. Just so happens that the other 5% resulted in three goals, two of which are exceedingly rare on a goalie that doesn't typically give those up. All things considered, you can't fault the effort. If they bring that vs Vancouver, they'll wipe the floor with the Canucks.

On another note, color me shocked that the GDT continues to spend the entire night shitting on Smith, the f***ing backup goaltender. Wasn't his fault they lost, unless he's to blame for the skaters' lack of finish around the net. But don't let logic get in the way of a good screaming match.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Smith let in his usual softy, but this game was on Rittich unfortunately. The flames were the better team, Jones stood on his head.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
What is his battle field? Because it clearly isn't the net area. Unless you are fishing and I clearly didn't get your sarcasm.

He's fishing. At the end of the day, smith will get his share of crap if the flames slump or he costs us an important game from everyone here.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I saw Sam Bennett lay 1 decent hit last night, Tkachuk was very quiet, Neal in classic Neal form did nothing...These 3 need to show up for games like this and bury guys like Kane every chance they get. I love this team this year, I haven't been this excited for the flames since I was 5. However, we need to play harder and I hope we bring in another shit disturber somehow. You shouldn't lose games like this without taking a pound of flesh.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I saw Sam Bennett lay 1 decent hit last night, Tkachuk was very quiet, Neal in classic Neal form did nothing...These 3 need to show up for games like this and bury guys like Kane every chance they get. I love this team this year, I haven't been this excited for the flames since I was 5. However, we need to play harder and I hope we bring in another **** disturber somehow. You shouldn't lose games like this without taking a pound of flesh.
In fairness, Neal was a big reason why that goal from Brodie happened. Picked up the assist but more importantly provided the screen in front of Jones. He's been going to the net a lot more the last few games and it's starting to pay off.

I agree though that Bennett was useless and Tkachuk was awful. Both of them just hovering around the perimeter every shift. They need to be better.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I'm complaining about the lack of grit, Neal can play hard, I've seen him do it for years. Anyway, if this is our "playoff mentality" hopefully Peters can knock some sense into our roster. I see a very gifted possession team with one of the best offenses in the league. Now they need to add another dimension to their game.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I saw Sam Bennett lay 1 decent hit last night, Tkachuk was very quiet, Neal in classic Neal form did nothing...These 3 need to show up for games like this and bury guys like Kane every chance they get. I love this team this year, I haven't been this excited for the flames since I was 5. However, we need to play harder and I hope we bring in another **** disturber somehow. You shouldn't lose games like this without taking a pound of flesh.

Don't know... Neal is playing decent despite the bad stats
Tkachuk is in a slump
Bennett is playing like a bust some claim him to be...very disappointed in him lately...but what do I know, okg says he would contend for the Hart if he plays center LMAO

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm starting to worry Bennett will not have the breakout season I claimed he would.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'm starting to worry Bennett will not have the breakout season I claimed he would.
He's still only 22 so he's far from toast but I get the feeling that Bennett is what he is at this point. Of course it's not out of the question that he ends up being a (very) late bloomer like Backlund was. But I wouldn't be surprised if what we see is what we get from Bennett.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
He's still only 22 so he's far from toast but I get the feeling that Bennett is what he is at this point. Of course it's not out of the question that he ends up being a (very) late bloomer like Backlund was. But I wouldn't be surprised if what we see is what we get from Bennett.

I dreamed he'd be sniping like Kucherov by this point. Looks like I was WAY off

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Maybe where all you've talked about is acquiring a starter like Quick during like a ten game point streak from Rittich.

On all of HF I don't think there's even an Oilers or Jets fan who is more full of it.
all I've talked about.... yeah ok

Don't you have have some photo of Bennett to staple to your ceiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad