Post-Game Talk: Flames win first BoA 4-3! Czechmate, Oilers.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
**** yah!!!!!!!! Funny how much faster and better the oilers are supposed to be than us, yet how many times did they take a penalty trying to keep up or hold us back?? Great game, Hudler and Cervenka are going to add a whole new dimension to this team.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Nice win guys. Enjoyed the game, looking forward to following the rest of the season.

Will be interesting to see how the czechs fair against a bigger slower tempo western conference team.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Super proud of Bouwmeester. That's the best game I've seen him play as a Flame. Thank god he isn't playing with Butler and seems to have chemistry with Giordano.

I though every single forward was great tonight (except Comeau - he sucks). Cammelleri bounced back today. Iginla was incredible, Hudler and Cervenka got better as the game went on (Hudler was awesome on the Stempniak goal), and I thought guys like Stajan and Jones played well. Even Baertschi created some offense with his limited ice time. Having said that, it's clear to me there isn't any room for Baertschi in the top 9 and he should be in the AHL dominating.

Empros*

Bouwmeester was ridiculously good this game, good to see a local guy show up for the BOA.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hudler was very solid for having his first game of the season. Nice to have another skilled guy other than Tangs on the team. Cervenka got stronger as the game went on, to me its obvious he didn't have his legs and he looked tentative especially in the first which is to be expected. However, he got stronger as the game went on and he demonstrated good patience in that latter stages of game and we got a glimpse of his skill. I think he is going to be a great addition to this team and I expect him to start producing very soon.

Bouwmeester was a beast, Smith looked really good. Gio had his best game this season and Brodie was solid again.

I want Sven to stay in the top 9 somehow. I am getting more and more optimistic about the team Feaster has built, great to get a win and hopefully we can continue to build off this game.

I can't say enough about how good Jbo looked.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Cheers_we_win.jpg

So glad we don't have to spend the next 5 days talking about being winless.

Also, WTF with the 5 day layoff, then a month of games every other day?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I would like to see Butler replace Smith, not that Smith has been bad but Butler is a better defensive D man and I like the idea of using him on the pk.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I would like to see Butler replace Smith, not that Smith has been bad but Butler is a better defensive D man and I like the idea of using him on the pk.

Butler is unbelievably soft and Smith looked good tonight on multiple occasions (great pokecheck on Hall in the third, great moves to get in the zone in the first). The defense has played well without Butler the past two games so let's stick with it.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Butler is unbelievably soft and Smith looked good tonight on multiple occasions (great pokecheck on Hall in the third, great moves to get in the zone in the first). The defense has played well without Butler the past two games so let's stick with it.

I disagree Smith played what 10 minutes Butler would easily out play him in the same position he is not softer then Smith.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
After seeing Butler regularly screw the pooch on defense, I'm hesitant to get him back in the lineup.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
After seeing Butler regularly screw the pooch on defense, I'm hesitant to get him back in the lineup.

There is a huge difference between playing 20+ minutes against top lines and 10-12 against 3rd lines like Smith. We have never played Butler in the same role but our PK needs another defensemen right now we have Jbo,Gio,Sarich and Widemen,Smith,Brodie aren't great at pk Butler is rather good at it.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Congrats to Hartley on his first win as Flames head coach. Nothing like a win over the Oilers to make a good night great.

Best game I've seen Bouwmeester play as a Flame.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Hopefully this game boosts Bouwmeester's confidence and we see him take off from here. Looked amazing!

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I like that Hudler/Stajan/Cervenka line. Great chances from them tonight.
I'd still like Bärtschi to be in the top 9, but its hard to figure out who you would move, unless of course Bob chooses to play the 4th line more in which case I would very much rather see a certain Horak along with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad