Post-Game Talk: Flames win first BoA 4-3! Czechmate, Oilers.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
:edmonton (2-1-0) are visiting the Saddledome to play the :flames (0-2-1)

I can't believe it's not
Brent+Sutter.jpg

No disrespect to Nail, but that's how you slide.

When? 8:00PM
Where? Hockey Night in Canada on CBC and The Fan 960
Live Streams: www.atdhe.eu

hudlerlaugh.jpg

The projected lines for your Calgary Flames

8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg

Curtis Glencross - Alex Tanguay - Jarome Iginla
8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg

Mike Cammalleri - Mikael Backlund - Lee Stempniak
8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg

Jiri Hudler - Matt Stajan - Roman Cervenka
8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg

Sven Baertschi - Blair Jones - Blake Comeau

8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg

Mark Giordano - Jay Bouwmeester
8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg

Derek Smith - Dennis Wideman
8470201.jpg
8470201.jpg

TJ Brodie - Cory Sarich

8462147.jpg

Miikka Kiprusoff

Flames Season Leaders
Curtis Glencross, Alex Tanguay and Lee Stempniak are all tied in goals, with two each
Curtis Glencross, Jarome Iginla, Dennis Wideman are all tied with two assists
Curtis Glencross leads the team in points with four points

Injured or on Leave
The Anton (Shoulder)

Game Time Decisions for The Flames
- Tim Jackman, Steve Begin are scratches for tonights game
- Chris Butler loooks like he'll be sitting in the Press box again tonight

The projected lineup for the Edmonton Oilers

Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Nail Yakupov - Sam Gagner - Ales Hemsky
Ryan Smyth - Shawn Horcoff - Magnus Pajaarvi
Temmu Hartikainen - Eric Belanger - Lennart Petrell

Ladislav Smid - Jeff Petry
Nick Schultz - Justin Schultz
Ryan Whitney - Marc Fistric

Devin Dubnyk

Players to watch (courtesy of the Flames website):

Nail Yakupov (This season: GOALS: 2 | ASST: 0 | PTS: 2)
With two goals in three games to start his National Hockey League career, Yakupov has captured imaginations with his infectious smile and creative goal celebrations. The former first overall pick from last year’s draft is an early Calder Trophy candidate and has been a threat to score from all over the ice in this young season.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (This season: GOALS: 0 | ASST: 2 | PTS: 2)
Another former first overall selection, Nugent-Hopkins will be key in Edmonton’s success this year, anchoring the top line with wingers Eberle and Hall. After leading all rookies in points-per-game last season and earning a Calder Trophy nomination, Nugent-Hopkins will be heavily checked by opposing forwards this season.

Justin Schultz (This Season: GOALS: 1 | ASST: 2 | PTS: 3)
Perhaps overshadowed by Yakupov, the 22-year-old Schultz has been equally as good with three points in three games to start his rookie season. Signed as an unrestricted free agent in the summer after being courted by a plethora of clubs, the once Anaheim Ducks draft pick has settled quickly in Edmonton after a standout start with the Oklahoma City Barons – where he continues to lead all defencemen in scoring.

Goaltenders Matchup:
Miikka Kiprusoff (This Season: 0-2-1, 3.59 GAA, ..876 SV%)
Devin Dubnyk (This Season: 2-1-0, 3.70 GAA, .883 SV%)

More Information Before The Game Today:
- The Flames were 4-2-0 against the Oilers last season
- The Flames are looking for their first win of the season (Captain Obvious moment)
- Calgary has a PP% of 36.4%, compared to the Oilers 83.3% on the PK
- The Oilers PP% is 22.2% compared to the Flames PK% of 75%
- I have no idea what the actual lines look like today, but when they get posted I'll update the GDT.

And finally...

GO :flames GO

Last edited:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Great GDT!!! THanks for making it!

4 - 2 Flames!

Expecting a huge game from Tanguay/Iginla!

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
O god... Reading the Oiler fans on their GDT is painful... Wishing one of Glencross, Hudler, or Cervenka year long injuries tonight.. "Feaster is so fat" jokes... Pretty disgusting when the bottom of the food chain is so arrogant/cocky...

I'm sorry but they're one of only two teams to ever draft 1st overall 3 times in a row in NHL history! Proud? That's something to be ashamed of... Pathetic homers up in deadmonton.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
O god... Reading the Oiler fans on their GDT is painful... Wishing one of Glencross, Hudler, or Cervenka year long injuries tonight.. "Feaster is so fat" jokes... Pretty disgusting when the bottom of the food chain is so arrogant/cocky...

I'm sorry but they're one of only two teams to ever draft 1st overall 3 times in a row in NHL history! Proud? That's something to be ashamed of... Pathetic homers up in deadmonton.

For a team that has done nothing but lose for 3 straight years I think they may be the most cocky fan base in nhl, the fact that they are wishing injuries on players shows how little respect they have, hopefully we light them up.

Last edited:

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton

Yes sorry about that...no one should ever wish harm on others. I am hoping for an old style game between us back and forth tons of chances and hard hitting.

Obviously I hope for an oilers win but just as important is both teams play great hockey that everyone can enjoy. I hope you do not sit Baertshi, I really want to see him play. Peace

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Yes sorry about that...no one should ever wish harm on others. I am hoping for an old style game between us back and forth tons of chances and hard hitting.

Obviously I hope for an oilers win but just as important is both teams play great hockey that everyone can enjoy. I hope you do not sit Baertshi, I really want to see him play. Peace

Looks like Baertschi will be playing tonight

Vicki Hall ‏@vickihallch
Looks like Sven Baertschi playing tonite, albeit on the fourth line...#Flames

Don't think he'll stay on the 4th line throughout the game though.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Looks like Baertschi will be playing tonight

Vicki Hall ‏@vickihallch
Looks like Sven Baertschi playing tonite, albeit on the fourth line...#Flames

Don't think he'll stay on the 4th line throughout the game though.

I hope your right, hopefully with a couple of good shifts he gets reunited with backlund

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011

Me too. Hopefully lots of hits, scrums, a few fights, lots of goals!

Enjoy the game.

Towmater14

Sep 17, 2005
OIL COUNTRY

Sorry about what? Want to get Calgary's perspective of Edmonton just go to CP. Place is calling to injure Hall and Yakupov with year ending injuries as well as insulting our fan base as a whole. It is rediculous and they should be embarrassed. Talk about a jealous fan base. Oh let me guess??? 30-30-29 and we are building something special. It gets old
Sorry, I am ranting about a lot that has been said on a different forum, but I see it here as well. You guys are the LAST team who should be complaint about what other fan bases are saying. Despite what you might think, Calgary is rarely mentioned in ANY of our discussions because you're not that interesting. The same can not be said in reverse for you guys.

I'm hoping for a good game here and good luck, but those who live in glass houses........

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Sorry about what? Want to get Calgary's perspective of Edmonton just go to CP. Place is calling to injure Hall and Yakupov with year ending injuries as well as insulting our fan base as a whole. It is rediculous and they should be embarrassed. Talk about a jealous fan base. Oh let me guess??? 30-30-29 and we are building something special. It gets old
Sorry, I am ranting about a lot that has been said on a different forum, but I see it here as well. You guys are the LAST team who should be complaint about what other fan bases are saying. Despite what you might think, Calgary is rarely mentioned in ANY of our discussions because you're not that interesting. The same can not be said in reverse for you guys.

I'm hoping for a good game here and good luck, but those who live in glass houses........

GTFO-FAIL.jpg

TheJudge

Mar 11, 2007
Anyone else see this Cervenka highlight video?

He does the exact same move on every breakaway / shootout / penalty shot..

In any case, excited to see what he and Hudler can bring to the table.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
If you look at the Oilers lineup we don't need Begin or Jackman in.

I don't mind Baertschi on the 4th for this game as I'm sure Hartley will juggle guys a bit.

To me if Hartley is going with an uptempo team then nothing wrong with a 4th line of Jones, Comeau and Baertschi.

That says how much our depth has changed. If (huge IF) this team can get it together we can be a top 10 team in offence.

Right now it's a matter of finding the right lines for Hartley.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I think either Sarich or Giordano are gonna welcome Yakupov into the league tonight in a big way. Those kids are gonna have to keep their heads up tonight.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
If you look at the Oilers lineup we don't need Begin or Jackman in.

I don't mind Baertschi on the 4th for this game as I'm sure Hartley will juggle guys a bit.

To me if Hartley is going with an uptempo team then nothing wrong with a 4th line of Jones, Comeau and Baertschi.

That says how much our depth has changed. If (huge IF) this team can get it together we can be a top 10 team in offence.

Right now it's a matter of finding the right lines for Hartley.

I would argue that Horak is a better candidate than Jones if we're going for 4 scoring lines

hockeycore

Jul 3, 2009
If this one isn't a "must win" I don't know what is.

Going 0-3-1 to start the season would be rolling towards disaster.

It would be rolling towards a high 1st round draft pick, which I feel we could really use, and personally I think it's more excusable to be a bottom feeder in a 48 game season and draft high, than an 82 game season.(Not saying it's completely excusable.)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: