Proposal: Flames Sell-off

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You mean like when Adam Fox was part of the trade that brought in Lindholm and Hanifin?

Because there were genuine questions about him signing here. Dube is an RFA and under control for 6 more years, so the circumstances are totally different. Look, no player is ever "un-movable", but for the circumstances of this proposal, it wouldn't make any sense.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Because there were genuine questions about him signing here. Dube is an RFA and under control for 6 more years, so the circumstances are totally different. Look, no player is ever "un-movable", but for the circumstances of this proposal, it wouldn't make any sense.

So you wouldn't consider something like Valimaki + Dube for Nylander?

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
If Monahan can be had for 2 1sts and a C prospect I would trade NJ’s 2019, 2020 1sts and McLeod for him without any hesitation.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
We aren’t trading Dube. He is going to be a stud two way player. We have enough offensive skilled players. We need more Dillon Dube types. Not less.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Biggest problem i see with the flames is the fact that they keep making changes. Leave the group together for a couple years..,

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
We aren’t trading Dube. He is going to be a stud two way player. We have enough offensive skilled players. We need more Dillon Dube types. Not less.

I dunno man. I have watched him play. The luster has worn off.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I dunno man. I have watched him play. The luster has worn off.

Well you clearly aren’t watching close enough. The chances will start to go in as he gets comfortable and he’s already a huge boost to our team defensively. He will be our best two way player within two years and if we trade him it will be a massive mistake. You can quote me on that.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Well you clearly aren’t watching close enough. The chances will start to go in as he gets comfortable and he’s already a huge boost to our team defensively. He will be our best two way player within two years and if we trade him it will be a massive mistake. You can quote me on that.

He's a good fourth liner getting top 9 minutes.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Now yes, big... big... big overreaction, I know. But this is Hfboards, so of course somebody is gonna make a thread like this. But if the Flames look like crap by the deadline, I'd assume we'd be looking to sell in order to get draft picks. Now in this proposal, we are going scorched Earth here; Flames management doesn't believe in this core anymore and almost everything is up for grabs (this likely wouldn't be the case in reality, and we'd probably be looking to move veteran depth players, but for this proposal that is not the case)

Now in this case, the un-movable pieces are:

Forwards: One of Monahan or Lindholm (I haven't decided, but personally leaning towards Lindholm given his contract and that he is a righty center), Tkachuk, Dube

Defense: Hanifin, Valimaki, Andersson

Goalies: Parsons, Rittich

Just about everything else would be up for grabs. I'd assume somebody would offer up a kings ransom for 3 years and a playoff run with Gaudreau with his contract, but value from that point diminishes a lot.

Montreal Receives:

Brodie
Gaudreau
Monahan

Calgary Receives:

2019 1st
Columbus' 2019 2nd
Calgary 2019 4th
2020 1st
Winnipeg's 2020 4th

(two 1sts, a 2nd and two 4ths)
+

Nick Suzuki (1st)
Joel Armia
Cayden Primeau (our top goaltending prospect but with Price signed for 1000 years we don't need him)
Jeff Petry (could be flipped for more assets --- likely a 1st +)
Alzner (Cap reasons, if Calgary is rebuilding he can be a decent bottom pairing guy)

Habs could add one other small piece to that deal if needed, but not sure what

Gaudreau/Monahan/Gallagher
Drouin/Domi/Lehkonen
Tatar/Danault/Byron
Hudon/Kotkaniemi/Scherbak

Brodie/Weber
Mete/Juulsen
Reilly/Benn
Ouellet

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Montreal Receives:

Brodie
Gaudreau
Monahan

Calgary Receives:

2019 1st
Columbus' 2019 2nd
Calgary 2019 4th
2020 1st
Winnipeg's 2020 4th

(two 1sts, a 2nd and two 4ths)
+

Nick Suzuki (1st)
Joel Armia
Cayden Primeau (our top goaltending prospect but with Price signed for 1000 years we don't need him)
Jeff Petry (could be flipped for more assets --- likely a 1st +)
Alzner (Cap reasons, if Calgary is rebuilding he can be a decent bottom pairing guy)

Habs could add one other small piece to that deal if needed, but not sure what

Gaudreau/Monahan/Gallagher
Drouin/Domi/Lehkonen
Tatar/Danault/Byron
Hudon/Kotkaniemi/Scherbak

Brodie/Weber
Mete/Juulsen
Reilly/Benn
Ouellet

No, that is just terrible. First off, Calgary isn't gonna sell the kitchen sink to one team. Secondly, that's a whole lot of meh, and we could probably get more futures selling them off individually.

How about:

Monahan, Kylington, Gillies, for:

2019 and 2020 top 5 protected 1st
2019 2nd rounder
Cayden Primeau
Nick Suzuki

Gillies is just a throw-in, his best case scenario is backup for Carey Price. Kylington will probably be a bottom pairing d-man with 40-50 point upside and a good PP QB (he's trapped behind our other prospects though). Monahan gives you a legit #1 center.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Valimaki is a lefty, they don't need lefties. Anyway, of course I wouldn't want Nylander at 8 million, that is ridiculous. But in a vacuum, that trade is absolutely a Flames win.
Ok, then Andersson instead of Valimaki.

The point is that there are good options for trades where packaging a guy like Dube could return a solid young player. He's not good enough on his own to be untouchable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad