Proposal: Flames Sell-off

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Now yes, big... big... big overreaction, I know. But this is Hfboards, so of course somebody is gonna make a thread like this. But if the Flames look like crap by the deadline, I'd assume we'd be looking to sell in order to get draft picks. Now in this proposal, we are going scorched Earth here; Flames management doesn't believe in this core anymore and almost everything is up for grabs (this likely wouldn't be the case in reality, and we'd probably be looking to move veteran depth players, but for this proposal that is not the case)

Now in this case, the un-movable pieces are:

Forwards: One of Monahan or Lindholm (I haven't decided, but personally leaning towards Lindholm given his contract and that he is a righty center), Tkachuk, Dube

Defense: Hanifin, Valimaki, Andersson

Goalies: Parsons, Rittich

Just about everything else would be up for grabs. I'd assume somebody would offer up a kings ransom for 3 years and a playoff run with Gaudreau with his contract, but value from that point diminishes a lot.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Whats the cost for Hamonic and Bennett?

Probably a first and B prospect for Hamonic (I get we paid a lot for him, but that doesn't matter in this case). I know I didn't add Bennett to the untouchables, but I probably should for this scenario. He'd likely get a lot more ice time and is still relatively young. But for Bennett, he's probably worth a late 1st in a vacuum right now, or maybe an earlier second and another late round pick.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
No Gaudreau in the untouchables? Neal also should be there by default, it’d be FA suicide to move him.

Reactions: Unsustainable

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Probably a first and B prospect for Hamonic (I get we paid a lot for him, but that doesn't matter in this case). I know I didn't add Bennett to the untouchables, but I probably should for this scenario. He'd likely get a lot more ice time and is still relatively young. But for Bennett, he's probably worth a late 1st in a vacuum right now, or maybe an earlier second and another late round pick.

I would assume Hamonic would be of interest to Leafs. We had interest in him before ya'll acquired him.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Now yes, big... big... big overreaction, I know. But this is Hfboards, so of course somebody is gonna make a thread like this. But if the Flames look like crap by the deadline, I'd assume we'd be looking to sell in order to get draft picks. Now in this proposal, we are going scorched Earth here; Flames management doesn't believe in this core anymore and almost everything is up for grabs (this likely wouldn't be the case in reality, and we'd probably be looking to move veteran depth players, but for this proposal that is not the case)

Now in this case, the un-movable pieces are:

Forwards: One of Monahan or Lindholm (I haven't decided, but personally leaning towards Lindholm given his contract and that he is a righty center), Tkachuk, Dube

Defense: Hanifin, Valimaki, Andersson

Goalies: Parsons, Rittich

Just about everything else would be up for grabs. I'd assume somebody would offer up a kings ransom for 3 years and a playoff run with Gaudreau with his contract, but value from that point diminishes a lot.

Lindholm should be the untouchable, not Monahan.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Counter, 2020 1st (top 3 lottery protected) & Nyquist + 2019 2nd.

Detroits first is very tempting, especially as I don't expect you guys to be competitive for at least a few years. Nyquist would be a rental as he's a ufa after this season, so I'm not sure about that (even if he's a solid top 6 winger). Is there anybody else in your system that you'd be willing to give? Otherwise, I'd rather just have a 2020 2nd. Also, I'd change the condition on the 1st to either 2020 or 2021 with the option going to Detroit, but without it being top 3 protected. Otherwise, you got yourself an hfboards deal.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hanifin isn't movable. Monahan would probably be something like 2 firsts and a good center prospect with top 6 upside, or a first and a surefire bluechip.

Strictly out of curiosity... whats the add to Nolan Patrick to get Monahan? I assume hes the starting point, and then the answer is a not enough/too much from either respective side, but wanted to inquire.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Strictly out of curiosity... whats the add to Nolan Patrick to get Monahan? I assume hes the starting point, and then the answer is a not enough/too much from either respective side, but wanted to inquire.

Guess the flyers are in panic mode too. Idk to be honest, I don't know the roster that well, so you tell me, and we can get the ball rolling. I'd keep Patrick as he's young and has lots of time to grow. I'd be more interested to see what you would offer for Gaudreau since he's local talent.

Also, I'd be curious to know what you guys would want for hart (though I doubt he's movable).

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You must have Sam confused with Beau.

Brown has a higher career pt/game despite playing basically 4th line minutes, up to 3rd line this year. I don't think it's a ridiculous offer, outside of draft pedigree or LW/RW preference, I don't see the difference.

Reactions: Homesick

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Brown has a higher career pt/game despite playing basically 4th line minutes, up to 3rd line this year. I don't think it's a ridiculous offer, outside of draft pedigree or LW/RW preference, I don't see the difference.

It’s an awful suggestion and the Flames would never touch that. If you do not know that Sam has far higher potential, then I can’t take your post seriously.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It’s an awful suggestion and the Flames would never touch that. If you do not know that Sam has far higher potential, then I can’t take your post seriously.

Been hearing about his potential for years, he isn't going to magically become a 2nd line guy. I would just have an interest in him for our bottom 6.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Been hearing about his potential for years, he isn't going to magically become a 2nd line guy. I would just have an interest in him for our bottom 6.

Your value is off base, by a lot. The Flames see him as a top 6 winger so he won’t be moved for anything less.

Literally the only deal that I could see that would make sense is Bennett and Hamonic for Nylander. Brown wouldn’t even make our top 12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->