Proposal: Flames Sell-off

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Your value is off base, by a lot. The Flames see him as a top 6 winger so he won’t be moved for anything less.

Literally the only deal that I could see that would make sense is Bennett and Hamonic for Nylander. Brown wouldn’t even make our top 12.

Lets move on from Bennett.

What realistically would you be looking for Hamonic from the Leafs perspective? Just trying to gage value

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Can someone explain to me why Gaudreau isn't untouchable?
Because after this season he would have 3 years left on his contract and if we were planning to rebuild the team there's zero reason for him to re-sign with us if we aren't contending.

Also Super I don't really see Hanifin as untouchable and with how he's played this season I don't think he should be.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Because after this season he would have 3 years left on his contract and if we were planning to rebuild the team there's zero reason for him to re-sign with us if we aren't contending.

Also Super I don't really see Hanifin as untouchable and with how he's played this season I don't think he should be.

Well I do. He's 21 and could be a cornerstone of the defense, and why trade young assets if you are rebuilding? Even if he never reaches his potential, he will see be a solid, young #3.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leafs: Hamonic
Flames: 1st + prospect that isn't the swedish trio of Liljegren/Sandin/Grundstrom

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Your value is off base, by a lot. The Flames see him as a top 6 winger so he won’t be moved for anything less.

Literally the only deal that I could see that would make sense is Bennett and Hamonic for Nylander. Brown wouldn’t even make our top 12.

not even close to getting Nylander. swap Hamonic and Hanifin and its a maybe

brown woudnt make your top 12, yet he is on the 3rd line of the highest scoring team in the league?
something doesnt add up. 36g/74pts in 184 games. Bennett has played 67 extra games and only has 8g/18pts more. Brown would be tied for 6th on your team in scoring (and thats with 0 PP time) which makes your comment just seem ridiculous. he is better than bennett,ryan,dube,hathaway,czarnik etc

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
not even close to getting Nylander. swap Hamonic and Hanifin and its a maybe

brown woudnt make your top 12, yet he is on the 3rd line of the highest scoring team in the league?
something doesnt add up. 36g/74pts in 184 games. Bennett has played 67 extra games and only has 8g/18pts more. Brown would be tied for 6th on your team in scoring (and thats with 0 PP time) which makes your comment just seem ridiculous. he is better than bennett,ryan,dube,hathaway,czarnik etc

I wouldn’t deal Hanifin for Nylander straight up.

Also you just aren’t familiar with our team. On the RW we have Lindholm, Neal, Frolik, so he for sure isn’t cracking our top 9. So why would we move Bennett who’s playing top 6 minutes for a guy who would be battling Czarnik, Ryan and Hathaway for 4th line minutes. The suggestion was awful.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Solid thread.... 5-5 record. A couple of points out of division lead.

The bigger problem is goaltending and not a fire sale into a rebuild.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Guess the flyers are in panic mode too. Idk to be honest, I don't know the roster that well, so you tell me, and we can get the ball rolling. I'd keep Patrick as he's young and has lots of time to grow. I'd be more interested to see what you would offer for Gaudreau since he's local talent.

Also, I'd be curious to know what you guys would want for hart (though I doubt he's movable).

Not really in panic mode, and I'm more than content to keep Patrick, was more just a thought exercise thing. Even with Monahan we aren't contenders so it's kind of pointless.

As for Hart - he's probably untouchable. If we even had a competent goalie right now, we could maybe have that discussion, but we don't. The only way I'd see him moved is for a young, more proven goalie. Like if Gibson had held out in Anaheim or something like that. Even then, Hextall is incredibly high on the kid, I'm not sure he'd have even done that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ottawa 1st, Kerfoot & COL 1st (2019 or 2020, dealers choice) for Gaudreau? Dunno what kinda sweeteners to add; maybe Timmins or a 2nd + 3rd?

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
No Gaudreau in the untouchables? Neal also should be there by default, it’d be FA suicide to move him.
IMO, most older UFAs' sign for the contract, not the destination.

I'm sure he would be OK if the destination was favorable.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

I agree his offer was a lowball. But litearally, your offer makes no sense.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
That sucks, because it’d cost you Draisaitl+ to get him.

Never happen.

I would offer the Oilers 1st 2nd and third this year and a first the next. Have to take Sekera though to even out the contracts.

That is a good rebuilding start.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Forwards: One of Monahan or Lindholm (I haven't decided, but personally leaning towards Lindholm given his contract and that he is a righty center), Tkachuk, Dube

Well, we could certainly use Lindy back if you guys are done with him. Our PP and PK have been crap.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd love for the Penguins to buy low on Bennett, the problem is that he likely won't have "buy low" value for a while. I'd suggest Sprong+ for Bennett as a base, but with the Flames getting Lindholm and Neal in the last 4 months, that probably wouldn't work for the Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad