Proposal: Flames Sell-off

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Matthew Tkachuk for William Nylander

Tkachuk - Matthews - Kapanen

Gaudreau - Monahan - Nylander

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
lol we lose a couple games and people want to trade and fire everyone. When we win a couple games in a row than people start planning where they are gonna stand during the cup parade

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Would be nice if they were sellers, the problem is that Treliving is under fire, and he needs to win now. He burned his last safe out on Peters, who had the selljob of the year talking about his fancy computer algorythms to coaching and how he he has a legoman haircut. Treliving is without a doubt in self preservation mode and this team is going to sell even more of their future for a chance at breaking into the playoffs. Watch Dube or Andersson get moved for some over the hill vet.

The best thing about this entire situation is with the Flames playing meh to even sucky, the new Saddledome doesn't get steam which helps taxpayers in Calgary who want no part of that nonsense.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Oh no. He's in his prime? :huh:

Like you said in his prime, therefore as Dube improves his all around game in the nhl, Backlund's will be getting older, leaving his prime as Dube steos up, right? That's how you build a competitive team, you don't let your players be to relied on

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario

As an Edmonton fan Tkachuk is one of the most annoying players to play against. He changes games through being a douche and also being a great 2 way player. Calgary is going to want a hefty + on that.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

The Flames giving up the younger, better, and better contract status player makes sense in a rebuild? Or at all?

Tkachuk has been PPG for the last 50 games or so and brings crazy intangibles and physical play. The only player you have that starts that conversation is someone you're not willing to move.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The Flames giving up the younger, better, and better contract status player makes sense in a rebuild? Or at all?

Tkachuk has been PPG for the last 50 games or so and brings crazy intangibles and physical play. The only player you have that starts that conversation is someone you're not willing to move.

I would probably be willing to do it for Marner as well, but I doubt Leafs fans are on board with that. Matthews would be a ridiculous ask lol.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I would probably be willing to do it for Marner as well, but I doubt Leafs fans are on board with that. Matthews would be a ridiculous ask lol.
Maybe Marner.

I wasn't saying that Matthews was a fair trade. That's realistically the only trade that either helps a potential rebuild or makes them better though. I agree it's a pretty outrageous ask right now. If Tkachuk keeps up his current play for a whole season, it becomes more realistic

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Flames should trade Gaudreau. The team has good parts but trading Gaudreau would give a culture shock/change.

IMO the offence Gaudreau provides < Getting a team identity

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Flames should trade Gaudreau. The team has good parts but trading Gaudreau would give a culture shock/change.

IMO the offence Gaudreau provides < Getting a team identity
There's no way the team is better after trading Gaudreau. The only reason to do that would be to start the rebuild again.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
man leafs fans are so good at trading 4th liners for better players

Connor Brown currently has more points then Sam Bennett and has basically every year?

It's literally the fact he's a 4th overall pick that has people holding on, that's it.

Tkachuk is more valuable than Marner so we wouldn’t be trading him for Nylander.

I can see you're taking advantage of the new laws.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyrophorus

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
No, that is just terrible. First off, Calgary isn't gonna sell the kitchen sink to one team. Secondly, that's a whole lot of meh, and we could probably get more futures selling them off individually.

How about:

Monahan, Kylington, Gillies, for:

2019 and 2020 top 5 protected 1st
2019 2nd rounder
Cayden Primeau
Nick Suzuki

Gillies is just a throw-in, his best case scenario is backup for Carey Price. Kylington will probably be a bottom pairing d-man with 40-50 point upside and a good PP QB (he's trapped behind our other prospects though). Monahan gives you a legit #1 center.

No thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad