GDT: Flames season opener! San Jose Sharks @ Calgary Flames, 4:00PM on SNET-W and Fan 960

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
****.. Second period and hitting posts killed us..

Noticed: Stoner is umm.. Different
Alert: Stoner on ignore list :laugh: :sarcasm:

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Flames need to put their desires for a #1C on the back burner and get a new Robyn Regerh. IMO they should try for a shutdown D in the 1st round this year.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Backlund was the best forward and I thought Jbo was the best defensemen. Hopefully Widemen just wasn't use to the system or else we might be screwed.

White Out 403*

Chin up Flames fans. Hartley can't get it turned around in one game, but I do think you're boys are on the path to recovery from boring defensive hockey.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Flames need to put their desires for a #1C on the back burner and get a new Robyn Regerh. IMO they should try for a shutdown D in the 1st round this year.

I don't think a shutdown defensemen would help all that much, not when most of the defense was awful. The Flames were 27 for 69 in the circle; a first line center or even centers that can win faceoffs would help a lot.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary

im thinking something similar but we need big wingers, we have patrick Sieloff as a future regehr he could as fill part of a need of being harder to play against.

i liked how backlund played in the 1st, he actually looked like what we thought he was going to be and if he keeps that up he'll be a 60 point center/winger (in a typical 82 game season)

Bartschi NEEDS experience, took 2 poor penalties.

all in all i liked the style that hartley is going for i just hope he can keep it up

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I don't think a shutdown defensemen would help all that much, not when most of the defense was awful. The Flames were 27 for 69 in the circle; a first line center or even centers that can win faceoffs would help a lot.

Feaster simply ignored our biggest issue last year and it will cost us yet again. When Roy, Riberio, Staal were moved last year, Feaster has no excuse IMO

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Feaster simply ignored our biggest issue last year and it will cost us yet again. When Roy, Riberio, Staal were moved last year, Feaster has no excuse IMO

Staal was too expensive but the other two could easily have been attained at a reasonable cost. I agree, there's no excuse for Feaster not addressing this.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Good first period, BEYOND horrible second, average third.. I love how people are already saying blow up the team they have no chance.. CMON its a 48 game season ur telling me teams like the rangers and flyers are in trouble? Give them a few weeks before you judge. Hartley's had a one week training camp with this team he obviously needs the players to dig into the system.

Hopefully Hudlers back next game, and Cervenka makes a quick recovery because those are some big players for this team. Besides Stemps I think Baerstchi was the best player for the Flames.. Got a couple penalties but im not to worried about that. Our big guns Iggy Tangs Cammy were INVISIBLE this game, thats gotta change if we are going to be successful. Again im not judging since its only ONE game so well see how it goes.

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
change the first line god awful.

Tanguay Cammy Iginla
Baertschi Backlund Glencross
Hudler Stajan Stempniak
Horak Jones Comeau

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Jordan Staal isn't a #1 centre and sure as hell isn't worth 60 million dollars.

For all we know, Feaster may have made an offer for Ribiero or Roy.

Staal is a number #1 center on our team. His Corsi numbers were inhuman and his play during the Crosby & Malkin injuries proved why. He's legit

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00