Flames 'New' Arena II - 'No it's yours, I insist'

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How?
Im not going to post the name of the guy. Take it for what its worth.
Clear it with mods then. It's against HF rules to post rumors without either posting a source or getting vetted my the moderation team.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
To be fair, Nenshi apparently said that the preference is to have a new arena built and the plan would be adjusted.

Lots of rumors that the Flames are preparing to sell to Houston's potential owner. For what its worth, In late July I spoke to someone who works directly for the Flames who said it looked like something was going to get done by the end of the year but he was totally getting prepared to have to move to Houston before this round of talks.
And yet, according to lots of Senators fans, Bettman has said that Ottawa is a viable franchise and the team will never move. And we all know the problems that Arizona has had and they're still located in the Phoenix area.

Flames to Houston but the Sens and Coyotes stay where they are. Strange. Very strange.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I heard the Flames are moving to Atlantis.
this just in, the logo for the Atlantis Flames has been leaked
thumbnail.asp

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I just want an arena that has a rink, free LRT, a library, a museum of art, that serves also beer.
And a smoking section.

cary-grant-get-out-gif-8.gif

Lots of rumors that the Flames are preparing to sell to Houston's potential owner. For what its worth, In late July I spoke to someone who works directly for the Flames who said it looked like something was going to get done by the end of the year but he was totally getting prepared to have to move to Houston before this round of talks.

Lots of rumours eh? Name one.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
How?
Im not going to post the name of the guy. Take it for what its worth.

Well John Shannon said Murray Edwards (AKA the worst human) wanted to buy more shares so he owns greater than 50% of the team...

And then he would have control. But until that happens the rest of the ownership is too down to earth to even threaten a move. But yeah if Murray gets control he will move the team because he would probably make 100-150 million.

And the only joy that guy feels in life is looking at the zeros in his bank statement...

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well John Shannon said Murray Edwards (AKA the worst human) wanted to buy more shares so he owns greater than 50% of the team...

And then he would have control. But until that happens the rest of the ownership is too down to earth to even threaten a move. But yeah if Murray gets control he will move the team because he would probably make 100-150 million.

And the only joy that guy feels in life is looking at the zeros in his bank statement...

Hey.. I'm sure he enjoys watching the Changing of the Guard in his new hometown.

changing-of-the-guard-buckingham-palace-1.jpg

Reactions: snipetype

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
You know I want the Olympics badly, but their bids get more and more pathetic the more time that goes on. Will be voting no for this bullshit.

Either strike a f***ing arena deal then go on with the bid or f*** off.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm willing to bet if the Flames and city reach an arena agreement, they will make adjustments to the budget.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
You guys laugh but you're incredibly naive if you think the the owners won't cash out and sell the team if the only way a new arena gets built is if they build the depreciating asset themselves. Every year that the Flames are in the Saddledome without plans for a new home lowers the price the owners can sell the team for. I have zero doubt in what my source told me for that reason. Remember though, as of July he said that word in organization was that they were making progress.

And before you say it, no the NHL will not block an owner from cashing out because one of its smallest markets won't play ball on an arena, they'll make an example out of us. Moving a competitive team to Houston is hardly guaranteed to be a money losing venture either. Could easily be a success story in a massive american market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad