Rumor: Flames in the market for a defenceman

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Take back Russell please

Hey, the GM can use the template to justify the deal that they used for Lucic

"[Player X] is looking for a new start and will hit the refresh button. They are training really hard this summer and we expect a big year. They will be really valuable in the playoffs due to their toughness and grit"
Yeah but the flames do not have another Neal to send to the oilers for their 1st line ;)

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Given the Jusso news from yesterday this doesn't surprise me. I wonder who they'll get and what it'll cost to give him up.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Really don't see any reason to give up any assets(prospects, picks, roster players, cap space) for a bottom pairing D who'll be in and out of the lineup. There's more than enough LHS free agent D who'll be looking for a contract at the start of training camps. Cheap PTOs or a two way contract is the way to go with this. 13 minute defensemen are not scarce at all in this league.

Reactions: super6646

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Bottom pairing vet.

Does that even count as "looking for a defenceman" though? You can find those chumps anywhere, under any rock basically. There's a bundle of them still out there unsigned as UFAs even, this late into the summer. If you can't find a serviceable bottom-pairing Vet defenceman, you're not "looking"...you're just blind basically.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Lagesson for Jankowski.

Lagesson is NHL ready; a tough, solid defenceman who skates well and brings more offence than expected when he first came over.

Will also up your sweet flow/60 to astronomical levels

Lagesson can be a special player. He was absolutely fantastic last season for the Condors. I think he'll play for the Oilers this year. As a fan of neither team I'd be hesitant to give him up right now. Especially with the marketability factor. To me he's ahead of Jones and Bear.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hagg

For

Frolik (with 800,000 retained - if that's possible)

You get an actual #8 back in your line up, just a name change....
I would do this.

Flames do not need a top 4, they just need someone to anchor the bottom pair and if they can be released of Frolik's contract hit that is the best of both worlds.

Hickey for Frolik (almost 2million in savings).

+'s
Flames save almost 2 million this season (which can go to Tkachuk)
Hometown boy
Great in the lockerroom
Help young D transition and ease into more responsibility
Provides needed depth at blueline
Smooth skating d man who Hits like a freight train

-'s
Two additional years after this one at 2.5 Aav (not that prohibitive)
Smaller d man and at times can be outmuscled

One more note on the Hickey contract -
If the Flames kept him for this year and next, then the buyout for his final year is .863 k for two years. Having him signed for at least the following season is a plus with two upcoming UFAs in the top 4.
Just f***ing stop. You have been told a dozen times there is no interest in Hickey because of the term. That is not changing, not as long as he's making 2.5 for the next 3 years. Unless the Isles are eating some salary to get Hickey down to 1.5 to make him more tradeabe after this season, there isd no interest.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Brodie is a LH shot playing RD? Seems like BUF's Casey Nelson would be pretty good fit on the bottom pair right side if Brodie can play LD - would be a fairly cheap, but unspectacular pickup. Otherwise maybe leave TJ on RD and try to make a deal around McCabe/Bennett???

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Brodie is a LH shot playing RD? Seems like BUF's Casey Nelson would be pretty good fit on the bottom pair right side if Brodie can play LD - would be a fairly cheap, but unspectacular pickup. Otherwise maybe leave TJ on RD and try to make a deal around McCabe/Bennett???
We're now looking fro a defenseman, why would we be looking to move Brodie?
And no to anything around McCabe and Bennett

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
We're now looking fro a defenseman, why would we be looking to move Brodie?
And no to anything around McCabe and Bennett

You should be looking for a G.E.D... Learn to read.

I asked if Brodie could play both sides not if BUF could have him... We already have 27 dmen.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
So, I misread and you go straight to insulting my intelligence? Maybe you should learn to treat people better.

It’s easy to spot the posters with no social skills isn’t it. Just ignore him and the like. They offer nothing to the discussion

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I would do this.

Just ****ing stop. You have been told a dozen times there is no interest in Hickey because of the term. That is not changing, not as long as he's making 2.5 for the next 3 years. Unless the Isles are eating some salary to get Hickey down to 1.5 to make him more tradeabe after this season, there isd no interest.

You need to f***ing relax homeboy!
Isles aren't eating any salary - for a bottom 6 they don't need.
Good luck signing Tkachuk. Good luck in the bargain bin.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You need to ****ing relax homeboy!
Isles aren't eating any salary - for a bottom 6 they don't need.
Good luck signing Tkachuk. Good luck in the bargain bin.
And we aren't taking your bad contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad