Flames Development Camp

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I have a question..

I believe King told Feaster that it's playoffs this coming season or Feaster's fired. Not trying to be a downer but I don't believe the 13-14 season will be too great. Will Feaster still be fired? And it's not fair to say that Feaster has drafted poorly. I actually think he'sa top 5 GM with what he had to work with in the last few years. I love the fact that we took a high school guy in the 1st round and got 3 first round picks this season. I also like that Sven hasn't played much in the NHL yet. Nothing worse than pushing a player in the NHL too soon and never getting there again. Think of a few years from now, Baerstchi, Granlund, Klimchuk, Jankowski, Poirier, Gaudreau, Monahan. A bunch of names few NHL fans know about now but in a few years they will. The question: Is it fair to say Feaster drafts poorly based on the fact that all picks are projects? And will King follow up on his words?
whered you hear that?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I have a question..

I believe King told Feaster that it's playoffs this coming season or Feaster's fired. Not trying to be a downer but I don't believe the 13-14 season will be too great. Will Feaster still be fired? And it's not fair to say that Feaster has drafted poorly. I actually think he'sa top 5 GM with what he had to work with in the last few years. I love the fact that we took a high school guy in the 1st round and got 3 first round picks this season. I also like that Sven hasn't played much in the NHL yet. Nothing worse than pushing a player in the NHL too soon and never getting there again. Think of a few years from now, Baerstchi, Granlund, Klimchuk, Jankowski, Poirier, Gaudreau, Monahan. A bunch of names few NHL fans know about now but in a few years they will. The question: Is it fair to say Feaster drafts poorly based on the fact that all picks are projects? And will King follow up on his words?

That isn't true, Feaster said the owners wanted him to push for the playoffs and it was taken wrongly. What Feaster meant was this is the start our rebuild but our owners will no accept throwing in the towel to start the season.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I have a question..

Misunderstood. They said that they want to make the playoffs. Essentially, what ownership is saying is we aren't going to deliberately build a bad team in hopes of tanking.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Going to work today, gon' have science on one monitor and hockey on the other.

images

Definitely takes the edge off Monday.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
So just to confirm the adress of winsport is 88 olympic road right?

Yup. Not very busy yet, as besides Rob Kerr and the lady that runs the Flames website, I'm the only one here. So you have some time to get here.

I'm torn. Part of me wants to sit in my usual spot, front row dead centre. But I also want to hear anything Kerr and his guests might say.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Anyone listening to Kerr right now? :laugh: Man I love that goofball. For the record, I'm not really sold on him as a play-by-play though.

HockeyMind9

After asking around to LOTS of media and Flames guys (including Gelinas), I asked Rob Kerr and Jermaine Franklin about Gaudreau's weight this year. Jermaine had no idea but also wondered. Rob said he's up to about 168lbs and hopefully fills out to around 185lbs. Tried to listen in on an interview Gaudreau was doing where the guy asked him about his weight. Was really hard to hear the answer, but heard something about 160-170lbs... I also took a few pictures of Gaudreau in street clothes. Once I figure out how to post them, I will.

Side note, opened the gate for Berra when his hands were full and no trainers were around, asked for his stick and he gave me one. Got it signed too!

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
After asking around to LOTS of media and Flames guys (including Gelinas), I asked Rob Kerr and Jermaine Franklin about Gaudreau's weight this year. Jermaine had no idea but also wondered. Rob said he's up to about 168lbs and hopefully fills out to around 185lbs. Tried to listen in on an interview Gaudreau was doing where the guy asked him about his weight. Was really hard to hear the answer, but heard something about 160-170lbs... I also took a few pictures of Gaudreau in street clothes. Once I figure out how to post them, I will.

Side note, opened the gate for Berra when his hands were full and no trainers were around, asked for his stick and he gave me one. Got it signed too!
he is 158 right now and his goal is 165-170 for next year

JonathanToews19clutc*

Hey Flames fans...

Can you compare Sven Baertschi to Sven Andrighetto?

Sven Andrighetto could be as good like Sven Baertschi or no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad