Flames Development Camp

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It's true, it's just funny to remember that as bad as we seemed post-allstar break, we were still a playoff team, while now being a playoff team seems like an unreachable and elite status.

Personally I don't think we'll be much worse than last year. JBo is the only player we really don't have a replacement for. I don't think our goaltending can do anything but get better and Giordano should have a better year too.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
we havent gotten worse but those other teams got a bit better. if it had been a full season we would be bottom 3 imo. carolina will be a playoff team, nashville will be better, tampa will have an nhl calibre goalie this year, colorado has a great offense and more competent coaching, florida will be better but still really bad.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
we havent gotten worse but those other teams got a bit better. if it had been a full season we would be bottom 3 imo. carolina will be a playoff team, nashville will be better, tampa will have an nhl calibre goalie this year, colorado has a great offense and more competent coaching, florida will be better but still really bad.

Calgary, Florida, New Jersey, Dallas, Buffalo are my picks for Bottom 5.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What happened with Baertschi/Harrison yesterday?

Harrison hit Baertschi hard on the forecheck. Looked like Baertschi might have fallen awkwardly into the boards. After he got up, he chased down Harrison near the benches and I'm not sure what his intention was- probably he was just trying to put his gloves in his face- but he ended up cross-checking him in the neck. Harrison got a penalty shot and scored a nice goal. Harrison's hit was very clean and very impactful.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Harrison hit Baertschi hard on the forecheck. Looked like Baertschi might have fallen awkwardly into the boards. After he got up, he chased down Harrison near the benches and I'm not sure what his intention was- probably he was just trying to put his gloves in his face- but he ended up cross-checking him in the neck. Harrison got a penalty shot and scored a nice goal. Harrison's hit was very clean and very impactful.

Not sure if hilarious or double hilarious.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Calgary, Florida, New Jersey, Dallas, Buffalo are my picks for Bottom 5.

I'm not counting Florida out yet. If Markstrom gets into NHL form, their defense is going to be their only hole.

EDITED: Actually now that I look at it, the only place they suck is up the left side and their defense is actually surprisingly strong. If Barkov has a good year they could actually thrive. So yeah, Panthers are definitely not to be counted out.

Last edited:

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
I'm not counting Florida out yet. If Markstrom gets into NHL form, their defense is going to be their only hole.

EDITED: Actually now that I look at it, the only place they suck is up the left side and their defense is actually surprisingly strong. If Barkov has a good year they could actually thrive. So yeah, Panthers are definitely not to be counted out.

i agree with your comments about Markstrom. he should be a young star already...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad