GDT: Flames @ Avalanche - Oct 3, 2019 - 7PM MST, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm concerned that, as a fanbase, we haven't drummed up enough outrage over the first Rantanen goal. At least, not yet. They literally scored the high-stick equivalent of the Duchene goal, but no one seems to have noticed. Imagine if this had happened to the Leaves? :laugh:

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
MxN8MSR.gif

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Regarding the 3M line tonight, Backlund was questionable for the game. Could be an injury still affecting him. Tkachuk, still a bit rusty from missing most of preseason. And Frolik is still Frolik. So, shouldn't be too surprising they struggled.

But I do think they should still be broken up. Either replace Frolik with Bennett or completely restructure the line with Bennett at centre.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Only got to watch the 3rd period. I see the Flames were outshot 14-3 in the 1st. What's with that? Tough to win a game against a team like Colorado when you spot them 11 shots to start the game.
Replay of one of the playoff games last year where the Flames got outshot and dominated?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Only got to watch the 3rd period. I see the Flames were outshot 14-3 in the 1st. What's with that? Tough to win a game against a team like Colorado when you spot them 11 shots to start the game.
Replay of one of the playoff games last year where the Flames got outshot and dominated?
For the first period, 100%. All the same symptoms that plagued them then plagued them tonight in the first. But they were able to put together some actual hockey after the first.

The crazy thing is, if they'd blown the play dead on Landeskog's high stick like anyone with a brain, we would've gone to the first intermission tied.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I'm concerned that, as a fanbase, we haven't drummed up enough outrage over the first Rantanen goal. At least, not yet. They literally scored the high-stick equivalent of the Duchene goal, but no one seems to have noticed. Imagine if this had happened to the Leaves? :laugh:

On CP, they went crazy, stuff like this will happen, sucks it happened to our team(it should have been the other team.)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Regarding the 3M line tonight, Backlund was questionable for the game. Could be an injury still affecting him. Tkachuk, still a bit rusty from missing most of preseason. And Frolik is still Frolik. So, shouldn't be too surprising they struggled.

But I do think they should still be broken up. Either replace Frolik with Bennett or completely restructure the line with Bennett at centre.

I really like the idea of Bennett as RW on that line. If he does really well there, try him at C.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I really like the idea of Bennett as RW on that line. If he does really well there, try him at C.
Bennett was the RW on that line almost as much as Frolik was and more often than when he was with Jankowski last year and he did very little. Not sure why everyone thinks it will change. Bennett showed the same issues he always does tonight, looks decent, then tries to do too much and gives the puck away as a result.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Well, that's what, 10 or 11 straight opening night losses for the Flames. Not surprised. Still amazed that the high stick goal counted... like w t f. Totally jobbed.

Avs fan coming in peace. Yeah that was a bad non-call. We got boned on the Zads “fighting” call, but it pales in comparison. Honestly I felt that outside of that missed high stick, the refs were calling wayyy too much.

I was watching an Avs feed so they kinda grazed over it, but did Calgary challenge the high stick?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Avs fan coming in peace. Yeah that was a bad non-call. We got boned on the Zads “fighting” call, but it pales in comparison. Honestly I felt that outside of that missed high stick, the refs were calling wayyy too much.

I was watching an Avs feed so they kinda grazed over it, but did Calgary challenge the high stick?
They weren't allowed because the first touch after was in the neutral zone.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
They lost the lottery genius... they could’ve ended up with Patrick... They’ve built the team well too.

LOL

How is finishing with 45 points for the season not tanking. Just 'cause you lost the lottery doesn't mean they didn't tank.

But continue to troll on the Flames board.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Bennett was the RW on that line almost as much as Frolik was and more often than when he was with Jankowski last year and he did very little. Not sure why everyone thinks it will change. Bennett showed the same issues he always does tonight, looks decent, then tries to do too much and gives the puck away as a result.
:laugh: Might wanna give up the Bennett hate dude. He had 0 giveaways last night, so not sure what game you watched. He had a pretty good assist too.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
LOL

How is finishing with 45 points for the season not tanking. Just 'cause you lost the lottery doesn't mean they didn't tank.

But continue to troll on the Flames board.
This might be tough for you to grasp, but just because a team is really bad doesn’t mean it’s tanking. If you want to see what tanking actually looks like, look at the Sabres in the McDavid draft.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
:laugh: Might wanna give up the Bennett hate dude. He had 0 giveaways last night, so not sure what game you watched. He had a pretty good assist too.
The NHL doesn't score turnovers right, they may have scored them as takeaways, but there were definitely too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad