GDT: Flames @ Avalanche - Oct 3, 2019 - 7PM MST, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We also lost by de facto one goal, and two of their goals were BS. So we did, unofficially, win the game.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Gaudreau-Monahan-Thachuk
Lucic-Bennett-Lindholm
Mangiapane-Backlund-Czarnik
Quine-Ryan-Rieder

Is our best lineup I think. With the new style of roaming hockey where players are all over the ice we should just push the talent to the front of the lineup. Frolik and Jankowski don't seem like NHL players. Bennett and Lucic didn't play like bottom 6 players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Sigh*

I’ll save my cool for right now. Just don’t lose to the f***ing Canucks plz...

And lucic and Frolik on an empty net is unforgivable under any circumstance.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I would also say that some of the things you guys were picking on individuals for was more widespread. Like, for instance, there was a play where Gio was being chased into the corner in the defensive zone with the puck. Brodie is wide open on the reverse to completely relieve pressure. The centre is covered, Gio can't even see the far-side winger, and Gaudreau is skating towards the near boards with a guy on his hip. There is no forward pass where we keep possession for more than two seconds. The obvious play seems to be to dump it back to Brodie and keep control. But Gio, our best player, forces it up towards Gaudreau, resulting in an icing when all Gaudreau can do is chip it from his own side of red.

That play was so rampant in our game during the first half. Similar plays in all zones, in fact. It's almost like, at times, the Flames only care about where the Flames are on the ice, and don't give any mind to where the opposition players are and where the open ice is. It's the exact same thing that plagued us in the playoffs and prevented us from having the puck for more than 4 seconds at a time.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Garbage 1st, from there it was not bad. Lots of forced passes by the Flames in this game, just poor decisions when they had the puck. Effort was there. Not going to read too much into the 1st game of the season.

Good - Gio, Johnny, Lindholm, Hanifin, Bennett, Andersson

Meh - Tkachuk, Rittich, Monahan, Mangiapane, Czarnik, Lucic, Ryan, Kylington, Brodie

Bad - Hamonic, Backlund

Awful - Jankowski, Frolik

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Or Jankowski...
3o85xIO33l7RlmLR4I.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad