GDT: Flames @ Avalanche - Oct 3, 2019 - 7PM MST, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
:flames vs :avs

A day early for the GDT but no harm in getting hyped!
Let's start this season off on the right foot.
Just kidding, it's the season opener, we always lose

Flames lines according to Daily Faceoff:
Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Lucic - Ryan - Bennett
Mangiapane - Jankowski - Czarnik

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kylington - Andersson

Rittich to start (presumably)

Avs lines:
Landeskog - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Jost - Kadri - Burakovsky
Nieto - Compher - Donskoi
Calvert - Bellemare - Nichushkin

Girard - Johnson
Zadorov - Makar
Graves/Barberio - Timmins

Grubauer to start (presumably)

Go :flames Go!

Last edited:

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I witnessed our entire team get outplayed by that lineup (Probably a worse version) in the playoffs and outside of their incredible top line it still doesn't make any sense.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Season opener. Colorado.
6-1 Avs. Makinnon/Rantanen 4 points each.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This is definitely a 7-2 loss but how tf is Burakovsky their #2RW. This guy routinely floated in and out of the Washington lineup.
I witnessed our entire team get outplayed by that lineup (Probably a worse version) in the playoffs and outside of their incredible top line it still doesn't make any sense.
Hanifin and Hamonic still have nightmares about JT flippin Compher

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
:flames vs :avs

A day early for the GDT but no harm in getting hyped!
Let's start this season off on the right foot.
Just kidding, it's the season opener, we always lose

Flames lines according to Daily Faceoff:
Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Lucic - Ryan - Bennett
Mangiapane - Jankowski - Czarnik

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kylington - Andersson

Rittich to start (presumably)

Avs lines:
Landeskog - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Jost - Kadri - Burakovsky
Nieto - Compher - Donskoi
Calvert - Bellemare - Nichushkin

Girard - Johnson
Zadorov - Makar
Connauton - Rosen

Grubauer to start (presumably)

Go :flames Go!

If Kadri did not mix that deal, that line up would look very good. But it is what it is, f*** Kadri and f*** the Avalanche.

Let's win this one.

Go Flames Go.

Aug 3, 2010
Oh right Kadri who refused to come here will be playing. Hopefully ole' Gio puts him through the boards.
Fine, maybe he can knock the wind out of him. Seriously. Ever been winded? It's awful.
I'd settle for Tkachuk spitting a really good burn, the kind that you don't have a comeback for until the game's already over and you're in the showers muttering a hypothetical comeback.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Can we blame Kadri for not waiving? He wanted to stay in Toronto, I mean look at how their fans believe they are signing guys to good contracts, clearly the smog in Toronto has hallucinogenic properties.

Reactions: viper0220

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
He's far from a favorite of mine, but he'd increase our C depth pretty dramatically and let us roll a line of Lucic-Kadri-Tkachuk, for which many lol's could be had.
The thought of a line like that against the Oilers or the Kings... sigh. What could have been.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's far from a favorite of mine, but he'd increase our C depth pretty dramatically and let us roll a line of Lucic-Kadri-Tkachuk, for which many lol's could be had.
Didn't you hear? Bennett will score 50 points and become our #2 center. If I'm not mistaken that would make him just as good as Kadri

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's pretty obvious that Peters is going to experiment with centers this year. The fact that Bennett would slide up to the #2C with this injury and not Ryan or Jankowski says that Peters thinks much more highly of him than some are willing to admit.

Reactions: Nanuuk

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
If Backlund is out, we'll see this, I guess:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Bennett-Frolik
Lucic-Ryan-Czarnik/Rieder
Mangiapani-Jankowski-Rieder/Czarnik

Whatever lineup we end up rolling with, I'm comfortable with it. Excited to watch Bennett this year as it appears he's received a vote of confidence from the coach.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It's pretty obvious that Peters is going to experiment with centers this year. The fact that Bennett would slide up to the #2C with this injury and not Ryan or Jankowski says that Peters thinks much more highly of him than some are willing to admit.

Jankowski is a non-option in the top 6. The only reasonable option would be Ryan. Bennett sliding up only tells us that Peters thinks Bennett would fit better with Tkachuk and Frolik, than Ryan.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Jankowski is a non-option in the top 6. The only reasonable option would be Ryan. Bennett sliding up only tells us that Peters thinks Bennett would fit better with Tkachuk and Frolik, than Ryan.
You don't have to go back too far to see some posts that say that Bennett is a non-option in the top 6 like Jankowski.

Lindholm has experience at center. Ryan had a strong season. And yet it's Bennett there.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
We need to get Backlund and Frolik on the 3rd line and create an offensive 2nd line. The two-way play with Tkachuk is nice but I just don't feel we will come out of the West with the 3M line as a 2nd line. Would like to see Gaudreau-Monohan, Tkachuk-Lindholm and Backlund-Frolik as pairs from 1 through 3 and fit in the 3rd guy based on recent play and match ups. There's a good mix with Czarnik, Bennett, Lucic, Rieder, Mangi and Ryan (as a RW).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad