GDT: FLAMES (26-19-11) VS. FLYERS (22-25-10) | 2 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I don't know how Kadri's slapper was as a Leafs or AVS, but he seems to think it's better than it actually is from what I've seen. Most of the time it seems too telegraphed and not enough power to make up for that, making it a pretty easy stop.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Didn't realize this was an early start, went to watch the game and immediately the power went out in my area. Sigh. Looks like i haven't missed much.

Reactions: flames23

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Marky has tricked us. Instead of first shot of game it's now first shot of third to deflate us.
Up 2-0 and 9-0 sog until that.

Reactions: Tofveve

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Markstrom has been bad but many others at fault for that 4th goal than him.

Also good to see Kadri showing that veteran experience with that brilliant hook.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
They had like 4 all game, and scored on 3 of em
Man I dont know. Watching the 2nd I saw multiple good chances off of passing plays. The Flames were lucky some missed the net. This website is horrible on my phone so I wasn't able to respond but when I looked the Flyers had like 8 high danger chances at 5v5 to the Flames 3.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Man I dont know. Watching the 2nd I saw multiple good chances off of passing plays. The Flames were lucky some missed the net. This website is horrible on my phone so I wasn't able to respond but when I looked the Flyers had like 8 high danger chances at 5v5 to the Flames 3.
You'd be wrong. 4.35 to 1.98 expected goals. 81.5/18.5 expected win rate on money puck.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
You'd be wrong. 4.35 to 1.98 expected goals. 81.5/18.5 expected win rate on money puck.
At the end of the 2nd it was 1.69-1.63 Philly at 5v5. When I initially posted that it was more in the Flyers favor.

They went into a complete turtle after getting a 3-1 lead and now it's skewed in the Flames favor.

Regardless their best player left injured, reffing has massively favored us, we're facing a random AHL goalie. If it wasn't lopsided in the Flames favor I'd be very concerned.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
At the end of the 2nd it was 1.69-1.63 Philly at 5v5. When I initially posted that it was more in the Flyers favor.

They went into a complete turtle after getting a 3-1 lead and now it's skewed in the Flames favor.

Regardless their best player left injured, reffing has massively favored us, we're facing a random AHL goalie. If it wasn't lopsided in the Flames favor I'd be very concerned.
That's all fair, yep.

Guarantee the oil wax these dudes by 3+ tomorrow.

Reactions: Dack

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
The only high danger they had at the point that didn't go in was the goal line trickler that Andersson saved. Were the goals markstroms fault? No. But if he can't stop any high danger chances he faces then he's a pointless player.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Woah I just lost another 5 bucks on the flames. I really thought family day fans bringing their kids they wont disappoint especially against the crappy flyers. You guys have serious problems. I think tkachuk trade backfired and has caused all this . They comeback and late a weak one go in . Team is very mentally weak and very surprising for a sutter team. Unreal. Wish you guys the best of luck bruins fan.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
200w.gif

This team completely boggles the mind.

Call up Wolf. I really think he could save our season. No way he's worse than Markstrom at this point. Look at Ersson. 6-0 record coming in.
We could use that.

Reactions: Boomstick

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Did Huberdeau play today? Noticed him maybe one time in the last 40 minutes.

For all the expected goal / expected win garbage that we somehow dominate, we give up like 7 grade A chances against probably the worst offense in the league. Marky was bad, our d was also beyond terrible. That first goal was a joke on Hanifin and Rasmus, Hanifin another terrible play on the puck for the 2nd goal, and the 4th goal was basically a blue line turnover leading to an in-zone 2 on 1 and zad completely misplayed it while Pelletier got caught flat footed. Our d is god awful considering we were playing a team led by Wade Alison and Hayes.

Get rid of Hanifin, consider getting rid of Zadorov, and replace with two actually steady dmen. Jesus what a brutal gaame

The only high danger they had at the point that didn't go in was the goal line trickler that Andersson saved. Were the goals markstroms fault? No. But if he can't stop any high danger chances he faces then he's a pointless player.
Our d is equally at fault if not more at fault. Just look at goals 1, 2, and 4. Singling Markstrom out (even though he’s been trash this year) is just misattributing the problem

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Just play this season out to the summer and figure out the path forward from there. No deadline trades please. They just aren’t good enough on a consistent basis to go on a run. If they even make the playoffs it’ll likely be because of a fluke from Minny losing to many games.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I don't know. I don't think highly of Markstrom but you'd think with his stats he'd be among the worst goalies in the league analytically and he's not...
received_581178033892237.jpeg

received_917289939448788.jpeg

Evolving hockey has him at 1.8 goals allowed over expected. Moneypuck actually has him at a positive on the year.

He's been closer to a non-factor than a sieve analytically. I think the Flames are generally stout defensively but when hey break down they BREAK DOWN. Giving up cross crease passes and great shots. I'm no Markstrom fan and nonfactor isn't good enough for starter money I just don't think he's the only reason why these Flames are so disappointing. It's a team effort.

Attachments

• received_581178033892237.jpeg
    received_581178033892237.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2
  • received_917289939448788.jpeg
    received_917289939448788.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 1

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Did Huberdeau play today? Noticed him maybe one time in the last 40 minutes.

For all the expected goal / expected win garbage that we somehow dominate, we give up like 7 grade A chances against probably the worst offense in the league. Marky was bad, our d was also beyond terrible. That first goal was a joke on Hanifin and Rasmus, Hanifin another terrible play on the puck for the 2nd goal, and the 4th goal was basically a blue line turnover leading to an in-zone 2 on 1 and zad completely misplayed it while Pelletier got caught flat footed. Our d is god awful considering we were playing a team led by Wade Alison and Hayes.

Get rid of Hanifin, consider getting rid of Zadorov, and replace with two actually steady dmen. Jesus what a brutal gaame

Our d is equally at fault if not more at fault. Just look at goals 1, 2, and 4. Singling Markstrom out (even though he’s been trash this year) is just misattributing the problem
He needs to make a damn clutch save when we need it, he hasnt done that all year. The D let's some high danger scoring chances, but it's not the Ds job to let in no high danger chances. Virtually any remotely dangerous shot has gone in this yr, markstrom deserves all the shit he gets. He is exactly what Elliot was when he was with us. Faces virtually no danger, still let's in 2 a game and gives the team no confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad