Flames 2018 Preseason / Training Camp Thread (All Encompassing)

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I'm sorry, there is zero chance this is accurate. Neither of the Flames games in China have TOI available and I've seen it with many other preseason games for other teams too.

I appreciate you posting it, but the data is incomplete, there is no context and what there is, I'm not sure jives with what we've seen (which could be caused by both of the former)... Meaning, I think it's using TOI per game but with incomplete data. That was also a hell of an undertaking by the person who compiled the data, so kudos to them too.

Speaking of Foo specifically, he played a lot when he played, but Dube has played more, he had equal or greated ice-time as Foo when they were in the lineup together, but his games with the big boys recently gave him significantly less TOI, this dropping below him in TOI/GP. And looking at Gaudreau & Monahan, its likely using stats from just 2-3 games.

Should have clarified that’s it TOI/GP

Also comes from Travis Yost who is a pretty reliable source in general

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Should have clarified that’s it TOI/GP

Also comes from Travis Yost who is a pretty reliable source in general
If numbers aren't available, they aren't available. They simply weren't tracked for preseason games, so I assure you, it is absolutely incomplete data. Also the fact he doesn't give the numbers of how much a player was used, is suspect.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Any idea of projected lines? Mostly curious how you guys use your Tkachuk as well as Neal.

It looks as though Tkachuk will be with Backlund for sure, with Frolik or Czarnik on the other wing. That would be the second line.

There were statements made by Peters earlier in the off-season about trying Tkachuk on the right wing of the top line, but that chatter all died down when Neal was signed, and it hasn't been attempted at all in the pre-season.

Reactions: DJB

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Any idea of projected lines? Mostly curious how you guys use your Tkachuk as well as Neal.

Basically with the Flames lineup you have the C’s and LW’s pretty set on who is paired with who, it’s the RW’s that are going to be interchangeable.

Reactions: DJB

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Both Loubo & Wills predicting that Valimaki & Stone will be the 3rd pairing on opening night with Kulak as the #7 and Andersson going to Stockton.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wow why? Andersson has been nothing but impressive.
Because they don't feel Andersson has played better than the level Stone has brought throughout his career. and that without knowing what we have in Valimaki, it would be too much of a risk to waive Kulak because after him our next best LD is Kylington who clearly isn't ready.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Wow why? Andersson has been nothing but impressive.

He hasn't been impressive enough that he should play over Stone.

And he hasn't been impressive enough that he should move or force Stone to move to their offside. Injuries are going to happen so he will likely be up here sooner than later anyways. Or maybe he starts off on fire in the AHL and makes it up on merit, but at this point he hasn't shown that he should be one of the 6 defensemen on the team and it makes no sense for him to the 7th.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Valimaki has been clearly inferior to Andersson. Stone has experience playing LD. Management is sending the wrong message if they go through with this

So basically you rather take the opinion of hfboards over the Flames coaching staff?

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad