Flames 2018 Preseason / Training Camp Thread (All Encompassing)

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Rittich was always the right choice.

Surprising both Valimaki and Andersson are still up. I don't see that as a situation that lasts for very long.

Reactions: Cyrano

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Rittich was always the right choice.

Surprising both Valimaki and Andersson are still up. I don't see that as a situation that lasts for very long.

Maybe Stone is this years Grossman? Since he has NHL experience he gets the inside edge, then when the coaches see he sucks Andersson comes in and we never look back.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Maybe Stone is this years Grossman? Since he has NHL experience he gets the inside edge, then when the coaches see he sucks Andersson comes in and we never look back.

Considering Stone doesn't suck and is a much better player than Andersson that seems pretty unlikely.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Possibly waive Prout and then see how Andersson and Valimaki perform in the first few regular season games with Stone in the press box?.. then proceed from there..

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Andersson might just be insurance if Valimaki struggles in the short term.

Valimaki's contract does slide if he plays less than 10 NHL games. If he's acclimating well then then I'd guess they'll send Andersson down shortly.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I pretty much saw all of this unfolding this way. TBH what I find most refreshing is that players who are the best fit for the team are playing.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

Stone is much better than Grossman.

I would liken the Andersson / Stone situation to the Ferland / Glencross situation. Ferland probably should have played two or three times as many games in 2014-15 but we had to make room for him. It ended up in a deadline deal that got us some of the assets that contributed to acquiring Hamilton and Kylington. This is a slow burn.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bodog has the Flames at 3300 to 1 odds to win the Stanley Cup.
Hmmm.. A $50 bet could possibly win me $165000. Hmmm.
Odds to Win the 2018-19 Stanley Cup: Sharks’ Odds on the Rise After Karlsson Trade
I clicked your link and went to a betting website for the first time ever...

It looks like their odds say "+3300," not "3300 to 1." I think that's a big difference.

When you see odds expressed with a plus or minus sign in front of one number, it's a way of expressing odds based around $100.

For an underdog, the sign is positive, and the number means the amount you would win with a $100 bet. For a favourite (like the number attached to each individual game), the sign is negative, and the number means the amount you need to bet in order to win $100.

So, anyway, your $50 bet would earn you $1650 if the Flames won the Cup. That definitely seems light for having locked up your money all year.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I clicked your link and went to a betting website for the first time ever...

It looks like their odds say "+3300," not "3300 to 1." I think that's a big difference.

When you see odds expressed with a plus or minus sign in front of one number, it's a way of expressing odds based around $100.

For an underdog, the sign is positive, and the number means the amount you would win with a $100 bet. For a favourite (like the number attached to each individual game), the sign is negative, and the number means the amount you need to bet in order to win $100.

So, anyway, with that said, you're half-right. As in the odds are half what you thought they were. ;)
oh...ok
Never place a bet in my life. Well that sucks. I guess I won't be placing that bet after all

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No chance those are the odds.

Where are you getting that from?

Or is that supposed to be +560? Because as Angelsmith says that is not 560 to 1.

Edit: Ok see you got mixed up and yes it is confusing to list it like that if you are not familiar with betting.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
oh...ok
Never place a bet in my life.

I haven't either (well, actually I bet on a horse one time in Dublin and won 45 Euro). But I learned this stuff because I was annoyed always seeing these numbers on theScore ticker growing up and not knowing what the heck they meant.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
giphy.gif

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
My wife drives Stoney Tr from its start in the SE to Temple in the NE. Normally traffic speed on that road is 110+ kph. Today she said it was 10 kph. She said she was so glad she took the 4x4 instead of her van.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad