Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Vincent Trocheck extension (6 years $4.75M AAV)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The Panthers following the Oilers model and paying their young players as much as possible without them having proven anything in the playoffs. What could go wrong?

except the fact that they made playoffs last year and showed they can actually achieve that.

If this team is a bottom feeder yearly then I could understand what you are saying, but they arent

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Panthers following the Oilers model and paying their young players as much as possible without them having proven anything in the playoffs. What could go wrong?

Except Florida is a good team and Edmonton is a pile of ****.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
Florida paying the players that helped get them to the playoffs. Were any of Edmonton's young players born the last time they made the playoffs?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
What else the crystal ball tells you?

This forum would be a pretty quiet place if we only said things we have cast-iron certainty of. In reality, we go from experience and a little bit of educated guesswork.

I just can't see the Yandle deal being considered anything other than a zero-value contract in 3 years.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
30 goals with 60-65 points on a couple of good years. Most years around 50-55 like last year.

I would agree with this. He definitely has at least one 30 goal season in him. Other than that, I would think he'll average out around 20-25 goals and 25-30 assists per year, like you said.

Like Smith, he plays a good amount at ES and on both special teams units, so it's nice to have him locked down for awhile. Very versatile player, can play anywhere on lines 1-3. I was very surprised he wasn't picked for the u23 World Cup team, to be honest.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Hes a spark when out there. One of those guys you need to see. This contract is awesome if he continues to grow...if he atays where he is now then this xontract is still good.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hes a spark when out there. One of those guys you need to see. This contract is awesome if he continues to grow...if he atays where he is now then this xontract is still good.

I agree. He center the key line for Team USA when they won the gold. When Troechek, Biggs, and Grimaldi were put together USA rang off 3 straight wins to gold. Including Grimaldi with 2 goals if my memory is correct in the gold medal game.

Troechek is a terrific 2 way Center. 4.75 x 6 years is a bargain. Great deal for the Panthers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad