Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Vincent Trocheck extension (6 years $4.75M AAV)

Strachan23

Feb 6, 2013
Miami
Florida killed it this offseason, but IMO they had to. The Bolland contact hurts, and Lou's contract isn't going to look pretty heavy in a few years time. I think they're banking on Reimer to cement himself as a #1 goalie when Lou retires.

Cap hit goes back to Vancouver if he retires.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Wow Florida and Tallon have been busy this summer. Solid deal for a good player, hopefully he doesn't regress from last season, he was a stud.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Nice deal, kid really broke out as a quality 2C last year, and is only 22. This will already be a great price for Trocheck next season, and it's only going to get better over time. Barkov/Trocheck/Bjugstad is going to be a terrific centre rotation for the Panthers for years, and having them locked up long term at $5.9/$4.75/$4.1 is pretty incredible. The Bolland signing is the only bad contract they've given out in recent memory, though it was pretty awful.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
How is this highway robbery? Hes had one season where hes earned this contract.

Are we expecting him to be a 60 point annual player during the duration of this contract?

I mean its a possibility but not guaranteed.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA

Are we expecting him to be a 60 point annual player during the duration of this contract?

Honest question, have you seen the kid play or just looked up stats?

-ghoste

paragon

May 5, 2010
Florida killed it this offseason, but IMO they had to. The Bolland contact hurts, and Lou's contract isn't going to look pretty heavy in a few years time. I think they're banking on Reimer to cement himself as a #1 goalie when Lou retires.
Las Vegas could claim Luongo in expansion draft.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
This is Florida's best signing/resigning in the off season imo

I'm going to agree with this. It's long enough and the cap hit is below 5 which is what we all wanted.

that literally goes for every single contract ever, heck for life in general...

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

you've never seen him play :)

really reminds me of Tyler Johnson with his speed, playmaking and goal scoring ability

He's legit, not even a question

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku

High 40's would already warrant the contract with this level of scoring. Amazing contract.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
So uhh, could your owners buy another team by any chance??

Florida is just killing it...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
High 40's would already warrant the contract with this level of scoring. Amazing contract.

Unless you are a good 2 way player I am looking for 50 in a bad year for that kind of money on a RFA deal

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Shouldn't even matter. It's great value even if you just look at the stats.

Might be the best contract the Panthers have. Though Barkov's 5.9M/6 years is close. I wonder if it affected this deal, it might have been easier to convince Trochek's camp to an under 5M deal with the Barkov signing.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
you've never seen him play :)

really reminds me of Tyler Johnson with his speed, playmaking and goal scoring ability

He's legit, not even a question

Production is all that matters for him lmao. We arent talking about a two way forward or defenceman.

That has nothing to do with my point that he only has had one year where hes earned the long term contract.

If he signed it last year would you also be like "youve never seen him play"?

Im just wondering who has been gifted a 6 year contract after one good season as an RFA.

Im NOT saying its a bad contract.

Theres a difference between bad contract, good contract and highway robbery...

Unless we have different definitions of highway robbery.

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
I seriously can't believe what a great off-season the Panthers had so far. Man, this team will be so awesome the next 10 years.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad