Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Vincent Trocheck extension (6 years $4.75M AAV)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good deal. Not a steal but a good deal. Hopefully this keeps Schenns number under $5 for the Flyers. Maybe $250.500k more.

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
Damn, Florida has been busy. The future is looking pretty good for this team.

Good deal with this contract, may end up looking fantastic down the road.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Thats my point... then it would be categorized as highway robbery. LOL what is even going on here.

Can no one understand my point?

John Tavares 5.5mil / 6 years after 81 point season signed as RFA. - High way Robbery

Jamie Benn 5.25 mil coming off of two seasons at 65+ point pace as RFA- High way robbery.

You're using contracts that were signed 4+ years ago as parameters. You have to take into account the rising salaries leaguewide.

This kid is a steal at under 5. Brandon Dubinsky is making almost 6 and doesn't score that much more. Both are solid two-way players and Trocheck is a lot younger.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Wow. The kid is going to score 35 by the end of this contract. Very nice deal.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah you're right a players history has no bearing on their NHL contract negotiations. :laugh: I am sure agents never mention what their clients have done in other leagues to negotiate a contract. :help:

At the Jr level? get real man. Good contract for the kid off one good NHL season. Don't be oversensitive to reality. I'm not knocking the player.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Damn, Florida has been busy. The future is looking pretty good for this team.

Good deal with this contract, may end up looking fantastic down the road.

I agree with ya. Florida is doing some nice things with locking down their key players.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Barkov - 21
Trocheck - 23
Bjugstad - 24

(they turn that age a little bit before the season starts, coming up soon)

all 3 of our centers, being that good, at that age, locked up longterm for 6yrs-6yrs-5yrs...at a combined 14.75mi, thats incredible :)

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
$14.75 million for Barkov, Bjugstad and Trocheck combined... Really, really good value

However, $26.6m on Barkov, Bjugstad, Trochek, Bolland and Yandle combined isn't anywhere near as good.

They've had a good summer, but there's a couple of real stinkers there.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
However, $26.6m on Barkov, Bjugstad, Trochek, Bolland and Yandle combined isn't anywhere near as good.

There's really only one stinker in there.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
The Panthers following the Oilers model and paying their young players as much as possible without them having proven anything in the playoffs. What could go wrong?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The Panthers following the Oilers model and paying their young players as much as possible without them having proven anything in the playoffs. What could go wrong?

Except they have shown vast improvement from one year to the next aND then even made the playoffs last year and won their division... Ya real comparable

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Yandle deal is fine, he'll be an important vet on that blueline and addresses one of their biggest weaknesses.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Yandle deal is fine, he'll be an important vet on that blueline and addresses one of their biggest weaknesses.

Plus sounds like Bolland to LTIR, so that deal really has no effect on us at all moving forward, now that we are at the cap. Some team will love to have him in the next couple years. AZ I am looking your direction.

I sure hope teams continue to under-estimate us.

Gonna be a good season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad